Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

wasserburg_hammer
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by wasserburg_hammer »

onestuartslater wrote:Can't wait for our new Chinese/Arab/American owners who are real West Ham fans and running the club as a not for profit organisation.
:D
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

bubbles1966 wrote:I wonder how they feel about Moyes having the team within half a dozen points of the Europa League qualifiers?
I'm still looking down and seeing 3 are going from 11 clubs currently...

I cannot remember at this time of the season so many clubs that are in a relegation scrap!
mattyD
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 342 likes

Post by mattyD »

where's the march thread gone?
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

mattyD wrote:where's the march thread gone?
It's still only February, have patience! :)
woodford
Has liked: 421 likes
Total likes: 307 likes

Post by woodford »

so Sullivan says he'll look at a fresh way of getting players in, the today on the official site David Moyes lets this gem slip out....

"I’m going to certainly be heavily involved in the process of helping get it set up, but the Chairman will be heavily involved as well. Everyone at the Club will be to get something that looks right"

Same ****, different day.

He will meddle, you cant change your DNA.

Where's the attention for him if he's nothing to do with art of the deal?
onestuartslater
Total likes: 1 like

Post by onestuartslater »

Given the success of Terrence Brown and the current owners would you like to back your comment up at all?
Hi there

First up, I'm not a plant (or indeed a snide) and nor am I love with the current regime. I just don't get what people are expecting. It's a matter of serious debate if G&S 'get this club' as seems to be a gripe, but do you think Qatar Ltd or anyone else who can realistically afford to buy the club will have greater empathy as to what it is to be a hammers fan?

The other gripe seems to be about 'money grabbing' - again, what other operation are they expecting? Name one premier league club that is owned for anything but money? Whether it is laundering it or as a profitable entity.

They have made mistakes, people do, but I don't think they do it for fun or on purpose - surely they would make more money if we succeeded?
brothernero
Has liked: 749 likes
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by brothernero »

onestuartslater wrote:Can't wait for our new Chinese/Arab/American owners who are real West Ham fans and running the club as a not for profit organisation.

Oh how clever you are. Still enjoy the payments. :thup:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

onestuartslater wrote:They have made mistakes, people do, but I don't think they do it for fun or on purpose - surely they would make more money if we succeeded?
How do you define success, oss? Many feel the Board's definition is simply remaining in the Premier League, throwing the Cups if necessary and riding the (£80m+ p/yr) gravy train.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

onestuartslater wrote:They have made mistakes, people do, but I don't think they do it for fun or on purpose
They make the same mistakes over and over and over again, never learn from it. Completely insufferable the **** Sullivan and Brady constantly come out with, they take grief for it and say things will change, then they go and keep repeating it, it's been a revolving circle of this since they rocked up. Lie after lie after lie.

Sullivan should have shut his mouth after digging out Charlie Austin in public, he's done it about 5 times since to various players and managers.

They are all morally bankrupt and they're to old and rich to even think about changing the way they act, we'd have to be pretty ****ing unlucky to find another set of owners who treat the fans like the current lot, plenty of owners in this league who are out to make money and don't necessarily get the fans, that doesn't mean they try to lie and screw them over at every opportunity like our lot do.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

onestuartslater wrote:They have made mistakes, people do, but I don't think they do it for fun or on purpose - surely they would make more money if we succeeded?
Up the Junction wrote: How do you define success, oss? Many feel the Board's definition is simply remaining in the Premier League, throwing the Cups if necessary and riding the (£80m+ p/yr) gravy train.
Or perhaps they define success as owning a business that they could sell for hundreds of millions without ever putting much into it.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

onestuartslater wrote: They have made mistakes, people do, but I don't think they do it for fun or on purpose - surely they would make more money if we succeeded?
They have invested as little money as possible and loaned the club money that they earn interest on. They want to stay in the prem for the tv money that doesn't seem to end up being invested in players. Which means exiting the cups as soon as possible so as not to hinder the premier league place. They will make more than enough money when they leave so are more than happy with what they already see as success.
Now you tell me what they have done for the fans.
norse
Has liked: 379 likes
Total likes: 835 likes

Post by norse »

Sullivan can say what he wants about transfers and his own role; he is a liar so no words coming out of his mouth can ever be believed. That's the thing with liars and this one is a compulsive one
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

onestuartslater wrote:Hi there

First up, I'm not a plant (or indeed a snide) and nor am I love with the current regime. I just don't get what people are expecting. It's a matter of serious debate if G&S 'get this club' as seems to be a gripe, but do you think Qatar Ltd or anyone else who can realistically afford to buy the club will have greater empathy as to what it is to be a hammers fan?

The other gripe seems to be about 'money grabbing' - again, what other operation are they expecting? Name one premier league club that is owned for anything but money? Whether it is laundering it or as a profitable entity.

They have made mistakes, people do, but I don't think they do it for fun or on purpose - surely they would make more money if we succeeded?
People didn't expect much, that was until we sold our ground and moved to the OS on the back of lies and promises from our owners. They raised expectations, not us. They have ****ed it up, not us. They are pretending to be fans, not us. I'd take an arab billionaire tomorrow, at least you know that he isn't a fan of West Ham and wont lie about being one to make himself look better.

It's people like you, defending this cancerous regime that has allowed these 3 rats to get away with murder. If they were as big Hammers fans as they claim to be then they wouldn't use the club to make themselves rich, they would take a minimal wage and put the rest in, this is the complete opposite and if you can't see this then you are a ****ing idiot., never mind a snide. If you think people who have amassed more than £1B between them are stupid enough to make these stupid mistakes as these 3 have then once again you are a ****ing idiot. They do it on purpose, of course they ****ing do. They are scum and defending them in anyway makes you either a plant, a snide or just thick.
wobble
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by wobble »

Israeli_Hammer wrote: West Ham's a private company, and therefore a different entity from it's owners.

When in need of working capital (as we desperately were in 2010), the owners can inject money to the club via a loan.

The problem with our owners (who consider themselves "fans") is that they loaned the club the necessary capital with 7% interest. So if for instance they loaned us 100m in 2010 to cover the debt (not sure if that's the case), they banked 49m (7m per year) from the club by now.
Thanks Israeli_Hammer

Regarding the loans, have they not been taking their 7% each year or did they save it up and took one big lump sum last summer and that’s why we were skint.
I must admit I know nothing about accountancy but that’s how they like it, but I do know I’m being cheated.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

Just taking one of the many points - A complete overhaul of the recruitment process in the summer.f*** me, that needs to be done now, so that a plan is in place ,players identified and watched and budgets formulated.There is a World Cup this summer and the window closes at the start of August - they should be planning for that now!! David Sullivan is full of **** and he is using "flavour of the month" Moyes to spread his lies.
We all know how it will pan out - fanciful names being bandied about pre ST renewals, someone from a "big club" to replace Henry, a couple of "freebie big names" irrespective of their positions, then a myriad of names linked before a last minute scramble and the inevitable "hard luck stories" - "We could not replace Hernandez in such a short time" - "when we waived the chance to sign Mario, we did'nt realise Lanzini wanted out as well", "blah,blah, blah" plus a couple of ****ed off players and clubs left in our wake.
hamagram
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hamagram »

Forget the " saved us from administration" , what these frauds have done in all but name is effectively liquidate West Ham United, down to the last fax machine and toilet door from the Boleyn, anything considered to hold a value auctioned off. West ham London is a phoenix company.
The only asset that remains is the one they paid £0 for, the goodwill and loyalty of the brand. From day one the fans have been exploited to maximise its value for personal gain.
They've been caught with their hands in the till.
shortofbrillant

Post by shortofbrillant »

The most recent statement shows how much Sullivan does not understand what the supporters want. We are tired of hearing empty words. What he should have done is shut his mouth and taken action. He should bring in a DOF who will install his own process.

Actions, not words.
onestuartslater
Total likes: 1 like

Post by onestuartslater »

They are scum and defending them in anyway makes you either a plant, a snide or just thick.
Thanks mate, it's people like you who make it such a great pleasure to be part of the West Ham family.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

When are the accounts made public?
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Incompetence is Sullivan's biggest crime. He just isn't very good. He makes out he's a hot-shot business man but he's really just 3rd rate. Fandom? Did anyone really buy that. West Ham made good sense because they were local and financially troubled. They'd have been just as willing to buy spurs if they'd been in a similar situation