Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Colours never run »

-DL- wrote:
But it's all Moyes's fault doncha know...

Said no one ever. Near enough to a man, woman and child supporting us know the 3 Stooges have also ****ed it right up and have made it well known so it's not like people have forgiven them and just turning on a hapless manager. All of them are clueless ****wits as far as I'm concerned.
e17
Has liked: 282 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Post by e17 »

bubbles1966 wrote:Fagin and Scrooge really do seem to be coated in Teflon, don't they?

A 19 year old kid made a mistake today at CB (not his first in the last few months), and this lot sold Jose Fonte and banked £5m in January.

Fonte, Ayew and Sakho were all held back pending sale in January yet this doesn't get mentioned when grumbling about our cup performances.

And today, the only midfield cover Moyes had was Josh Cullen - a player who was struggling to get a game at Bolton - because this mob "failed to land" Dendoncker, just as they had "failed to land" Carvalho.

Meanwhile they banked how much? And that was before January's windfall.

Shut Up, Sell Up and **** Off.
They've managed to find a perfect distraction and foil in a manager who goes out to get a draw, based on going 1-0 down week after week. Old Moyesy boy could not be anymore perfect for these two if he came from Dudley and chewed gum for 94 minutes.

Poor sod was never gonna walk, even after the worst January transfer window we've ever had, he was understandably desperate to stay out of the job centre after failing so miserably at Sunderland & co, to the point of saying yes to an embarrassing 6 months contract in the first place. The outcome? THAT bench.

The part I do find amusing is that Moyes WAS the manager when players like Fonte were allowed to f*** off, leaving kids like Rice to become default choices. GSB have worked a blinder - People arguing he's the best choice because they don't trust them to bring in better - What, someone who might actually question why the few premier league level options we actually have are been flogged for 5 million???

Slav was a great foil - loved by the support, charismatic bloke, desperately losing with the slim pickings at his disposal. But Moyes is even better. Desperate for a managers job, and willing to basically accept ANYTHING these bandits manage on his behalf.
e17
Has liked: 282 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Post by e17 »

Personally though, if they do sell up, I'd completely change my tune on Moyes and say YES to him staying.

He did prove under decent ownership at Everton that he's a solid manager, and under decent ownership at West Ham United would probably turn us into a 5th-9th club playing OK football.

I want a horrible antagonistic b*stard working under these two though. Someone who will call them out and is as greedy as they are.

Someone needs to invent a time machine and bring Bungpuss 98 into 2018
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Something that has just occurred to me is weren't the Dave's ultimately fed up in the end of pragmatic boring football under Allardyce and wanted a change of tack? Which then baffles me why they would then revert back to type should they agree to extend Moyes contract. :?
The Sherriff
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

They have got away with murder.

Fans have stayed with the team all season, when there was the distinct possibility of mutiny – we were made out to be the problem.

During the mobilisation period of protests, we were told we had one shot at this. The same regime then backed down. Unfortunately the moments gone along with the trust and appetite for fight.

I’m coming to terms with the fact that they’ve won, divided a fan base and generally had us all over. In my view, the club is pretty much finished. We all want change but it won’t happen.

As Arsenal demonstrated, the only way to impact them is to stay away. Empty seats speak volume.

We’re now left with the SAB for engagement.

Anyone believing their promises, condoning their actions or turning a blind eye is equally complicit. Shame on you.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

Colours never run wrote:Something that has just occurred to me is weren't the Dave's ultimately fed up in the end of pragmatic boring football under Allardyce and wanted a change of tack? Which then baffles me why they would then revert back to type should they agree to extend Moyes contract. :?
think you've got it wrong bud, he was never bored of it, he binned him as he was under increasing pressure to do so, and in true Sully fashion instead of taking the pressure he lobbed SA under the bus.

Bilic was the peoples choice (and cheap), again got lobbed under the bus..

He'd go with the pragmatic, stay in the Premier League option 99 times out of 100, unless the fan base are kicking off and asking questions.

Moyes is a safe pair of hands to protect the retirement fund, Sully gives two shits about what type of football you, I or anyone on here wants.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 754 likes
Total likes: 3481 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Top ten a pipe dream under current regime?
http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=132409
Tackler

Post by Tackler »

Up the Junction wrote:Top ten a pipe dream under current regime?
That´s the next level they talked about ! The level below !
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Samba »

The Sherriff wrote:As Arsenal demonstrated, the only way to impact them is to stay away. Empty seats speak volume.
I'm all for it. Trouble is Sherriff, that only got Wenger the boot, not the board. Would it be different here?
Still worth a try, I spose. There's nothing else left we as fans could do, is there?
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

Anyone remember the "we don't sack managers" quote from the owners? :lol:

They're now about to sack their 5th manager.

How many years were the five first WHUFC managers given?
wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Post by wildkard »

Didn't sack Allardyce. Won't sack Moyes (if he's not here next season).

They've sacked Zola, Grant and Bilic.
szola

Post by szola »

Yes, they did.
wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Post by wildkard »

Allardyce left at the end of his contract. Moyes will, possibly, do the same. That's not being sacked.
szola

Post by szola »

Allardyce was pushed out, Moyes is about to if the gossip is to be believed.

The technicalities doesn't alter the fact that we've started to employ managers for very short periods of time.

Do you have any counter arguments up your sleeve?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

szola wrote:Allardyce was pushed out, Moyes is about to if the gossip is to be believed.

The technicalities doesn't alter the fact that we've started to employ managers for very short periods of time.

No I don't, but what is the gossip, coz I haven't heard any of this myself ?
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Are they dead yet?
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4266 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

No need for the question mark.
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

szola wrote:Allardyce was pushed out, Moyes is about to if the gossip is to be believed.

I'll just put it in here as a reminder that right after we brought Moyes in, his kids were imploring daddy to dump him at the end of the year and get the young German manager from Hoffenheim.
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

A man who is being linked to Arsenal, no less.

Good luck with that one. It will be the Huddersfield manager, at best. :lol:
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

It's the board's "ambition" to play CL football, don't ya know? They're fans, after all is said and done.
They have the right to dream.
(Please nobody bite)