Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

PrawnSandwich

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by PrawnSandwich »

fmgod wrote: Like who? Who could've we actually signed
Even if they decided not to buy a 'top striker' they could have kept their mouths shut rather than alienating Sakho.

They claimed they were bidding for Bats, but didn't actually bid until Palace made a serious approach, then Chelsea got involved and the rest is history.

Bottom line there is a gulf in distance between supposedly offering £30m for Lacazette and getting Jonathan Calleri on loan.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

fmgod wrote: Because Lyon are a far far bigger club with title aspirations and Europe. so we'll turn into QPR then and other teams just lob as much money as possible at players, who are just here for the pay check, I mean everybody wants paying but we don't want them just here for the money. People are in dreamland if they think Lacazette would've joined, I mean I love the club but we are a level or two away from that

It's a no brainer for a player, Chelsea or West Ham, he has been there one year and already got a league winners medal.

Also while I am a fan of both of them, neither have set the world alight since they arrived.
The end of the 2016 season with Payet in the squad and moving to the new stadium (with all the BS hype around the move), we were an attractive prospect for most players and to think we weren't is to forget how things looked then. Everyone (pundits, bookies etc.) were expecting WHU to do well in the Europa and to be challenging for the European places in the league, don't forget Leicester had just won it and Chelsea had a terrible season, dipped close to the relegation places and eventually finished mid table.
mooro_19841

Post by mooro_19841 »

fmgod wrote:
Because Lyon are a far far bigger club with title aspirations and Europe. so we'll turn into QPR then and other teams just lob as much money as possible at players, who are just here for the pay check, I mean everybody wants paying but we don't want them just here for the money. People are in dreamland if they think Lacazette would've joined, I mean I love the club but we are a level or two away from that

It's a no brainer for a player, Chelsea or West Ham, he has been there one year and already got a league winners medal.

Also while I am a fan of both of them, neither have set the world alight since they arrived.
Lacazette wanted to move and money talks - we are only saying this re Laca because DS told the world we would go big on a striker. So I assume we had the money. Again, not saying he would have joined but we didnt even get past the bid stage.

Batshuayi wouldn't have had to chose between WHU and CFC if we had made a decent offer early, rather than faffing and haggling, thats the point. I am not saying in a million years anyone would chose WHU over CFC.

The point was, and still is - they had a huge chance to make a real go of it, and they ****ed it, because they didnt spend the money. Would it have worked, who knows. But I was just going on what that fat, smug, lying, dirty, horrible, droopy face little midget **** told us all.
westhamshares
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by westhamshares »

fmgod

I'm sure you will be pleased to read that you have made it to the ignore list. - there i've said it feel much better alredy :D

your constant defence of GSB is beyond belief and I'm glad I will no longer have to read your inane postings

quite happy to see a rationale debate but your blind and several others acceptance of "our fate" is beyond the pale

try taking a step back and do some proper research (read the accounts of west ham and our peer group) and you will hopefully come to the conclusion that west ham are being royally shafted on almost every measure by the current board of directors

west hams fans my ass.

#GSBout
WickfordHammer86

Post by WickfordHammer86 »

[/quote] Bottom line there is a gulf in distance between supposedly offering £30m for Lacazette and getting Jonathan Calleri on loan.[/quote]

YUP!
Harry Hound

Post by Harry Hound »

mooro_19841 wrote:
Batshuayi wouldn't have had to chose between WHU and CFC if we had made a decent offer early, rather than faffing and haggling, thats the point. I am not saying in a million years anyone would chose WHU over CFCl.
Mate, IMHO you were right first time and to assume that Batshuayi definitely wouldn't have chosen us over Chelsea is doing us down. We finished higher than Chelsea, had Payet in the squad and just needed to show real ambition, intent and a genuine honest, straight forward bid. Which of course we didn't and I guess the players agents would have definitely picked up on this.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

lacazette only wanted arsenal , the only chance we ever had wouldve been jan window 2016 , when we were on fire , we got emenike .!!!!!
mooro_19841

Post by mooro_19841 »

Harry Hound wrote:

Mate, IMHO you were right first time and to assume that Batshuayi definitely wouldn't have chosen us over Chelsea is doing us down. We finished higher than Chelsea, had Payet in the squad and just needed to show real ambition, intent and a genuine honest, straight forward bid. Which of course we didn't and I guess the players agents would have definitely picked up on this.
Agree re the bid. If we have put our b*llocks on the line and just gone to Marseilles with a decent, honest bid it would more than likely have ended up with him being a West Ham player.

The longer it goes on and drags into a bidding war, we lose momentum and the chance of him signing lowers.

The main point is we didnt do any of the above. That was our chance and they ****ed it.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Win, lose or draw

Good transfer window or bad transfer window

They have carried out irreversible damage on this club

I can't wait for the day they are gone. Hopefully Brady can be chased out before them.
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

They don't want to push on or make a go of it or whatever you want to call it. Pushing on costs money, staying in the Premier league by spending as little as they think they can get away with is the business model that will bring them maximum return for minimum risk. It will be this way until the TV money dries up, they don't want to sell their golden egg, they want to pass it on to their self entitled brattish offspring.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1857 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

As it's ten years since that fateful day, it's a good time to repost this warning
A little reminder of Mickey's musings from back in '09:

"Blues fan here,omg cant believe you will have them two chancers,barrowboys,muppets,twats,in charge of you lot soon god help yous...welcome to the world of very very average players being signed from the fizzy pop leagues,sully loves a gamble on some mickey mouse no mark player that he thinks hes going to sell for £20 million in a few years,all i can is before every transfer window he will promise you the world and deliver you jackshite,the man is a cock of the highest order and you are about to find that out in the next year.k.r.o"

"blues fan here chaps....had a right laugh at this,if yous lot think dux is bad with the spin,just wait till sully start coming out with the ***** he will defo surpass duxbury,now i dont want to burst your bubbble this morning but in 2/3 years time you will defo be doing this"

Good luck chaps......but sully as got to be the biggest "tw@t" in great britian.....sully will run that club from top to bottom as gold is just his bitch....they found a great formula at blues for making money out of yo yoing.......im just waiting now for sully to say you have got 20 deals on the go before the window shuts,and really you will end up with jackshite,then before you know it upson will have been sold for £10 million in this window or the next.....i know you dont want to believe this,this morning, but sully is a 24 caret tw@t.....end of rant.....

"To find out what approach Sullivan, Gold and Brady will take towards West Ham just look back in the archives for their time at Birmingham - the initial comments already create an overwhelming sense of deja vu... Firstly, tell the fans an amount that you are in debt (their figures, not necessarily substantiated)- the fear created justifies the inevitable increase in ticket prices in the summer (Birmingham were more expensive to watch than Man Utd)
Secondly, blame high wages for the club's problems, but then make out that you will spend a huge sum of money on a 'star' player's wages (conveniently unnamed) - there was never any realistic chance that the player would sign, but gives the supporters the false impression that these guys are prepared to back big transfers
Thirdly, avoid spending any money on facilities by trying to move the club to a new ground that someone else has paid for - ie the 2012 Olympic Stadium - witness the failed campaign aimed at getting the City Council to pay for a new stadium in Birmingham which the club would move to but not contribute towards

Is it coincidence that Birmingham's fortunes have turned up since the point when this group departed? The increased harmony at the club is reflected on the pitch and the reduction in pressure from the Board has allowed the manager to make his own decisions, most of which now seem to be delivering results, and actually look like he is enjoying himself!

Birmingham's fans, like those of any club, can certainly be accused of periods of unrealistic expectation - but then as he has already done at West Ham it was Sullivan himself that made comments about Champions League qualification, not the supporters...

Ungrateful? On occasions for sure, but being regularly reminded for 15 years of how our club was 'saved' eventually wears a little thin... and if the chauffeured Rolls Royce journey caused Sullivan 'fatigue', then don't be shocked that a working class fan base doesn't show you the adoration you crave...keep right on..and up the blues...."
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

That first paragraph is gold, bleeding hell I totally deleted Duxbury from my memory :lol:
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Coops wrote: they don't want to sell their golden egg, they want to pass it on to their self entitled brattish offspring.
I'd have Jacqueline and Vanessa Gold involved in the Club any day over Brady. Not the Sullivan brats though.
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

Wembley1966 wrote: I'd have Jacqueline and Vanessa Gold involved in the Club any day over Brady. Not the Sullivan brats though.
Sadly the Sullivan Brats will be the major shareholders.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Coops wrote:they want to pass it on to their self entitled brattish offspring.
Junior works harder than everyone else he knows, and is on his way to amassing a £5B fortune.
Harry Hound

Post by Harry Hound »

DasNutNock wrote:
Junior works harder than everyone else he knows, and is on his way to amassing a £5B fortune.
There is something very "Trumpesque" about young junior, isn't there?
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

Yep!

Still ****s the lot of em!
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

Harry Hound wrote:
There is something very "Trumpesque" about young junior, isn't there?
He is a complete dick. I read his featured article in the paper and its clear he is a disillusioned, jumped up little ****. Talks about how he works harder than anyone else he knows, yet clearly a guy that has been brought up well with a luxury style and is a complete twat because if it. His social media pages are filled to the brim with him out on the piss with his mates, must be extremely hard work.
East_London_Hammer

Post by East_London_Hammer »

chigwells finest wrote:lacazette only wanted arsenal , the only chance we ever had wouldve been jan window 2016 , when we were on fire , we got emenike .!!!!!
This! this is what i was trying to get at in my post, we totally blew it that window, we were such a attractive club then and in the summer and we all know how it worked out, we ended up losing our home, best player we've had in years, got embarrassed again in the europa and had the worst 2 transfer windows in recent memory

i was supporters of these 2 when they joined but how anyone can defend them now is beyond me, they have killed our club, ripped the heart and soul out of it, it dont even feel like West Ham United anymore but its ok because Carol will go in the last min so we "didnt have time to replace him" and the money will disappear by the summer.
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

The brum fans comments show that leopards don't change their spots. Mind you haven't noticed the upturn in Birmingham's fortunes yet.
I'm amazed at how people really bought in to the whole Sullivan 'dream'. I'd always assumed it was 90% bulls**t. I often get accused of being an apologist for the board. I'm not, I just never expected much better, so I'm not as disillusioned as most because I was never illusioned (if that's a word). Because we got lucky one season by signing a world class player, everyone thought this was the start of a new era. Sullivan obviously thinks he's starting a dynasty here and we must all look forward to the day when he announces he's handed over to his son, won't that be fun? Things may get better, but if they do it will be more luck than judgement although sulli will claim credit. In the meantime let's hope we can improve on the pitch if not off it