Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

MilkyBarKid16
Total likes: 11 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by MilkyBarKid16 »

As much as I think that protests at home games will negatively affect the players, I also believe that Gold, Sullivan and Brady going to the games is the root cause of the protests, so wouldn't it be better for the good of the club if they just stayed away???

Saying that, when have they ever thought about the club, rather than themselves?
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Any evidence of the phantom coin yet?
TheOrgazoid
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by TheOrgazoid »

Not sure if people have seen this, but we have an unusual ally in former Chelsea and Birmingham defender Mario Melchiot.

http://mariomelchiot.com/sold-a-dream-g ... nightmare/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

are they that thick skinned - answers on a postcard

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/15/re ... southampt/
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:are they that thick skinned - answers on a postcard

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/15/re ... southampt/
I expect the area in front of the Directors 'box' where the demonstrations occurred last time will be flooded with the stab-vest stewards and at times with Police Officers.

I think that might make things much worse if there is a heavy handed response.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Agreed, you won't move for old bill and stewards surrounding that area now.

The ****ers can't shut the Fans up though which I expect to happen in future after everything that's happened recently around the Ground, so they'll at least srill feel uncomfortable that way.
shortofbrillant

Post by shortofbrillant »

MilkyBarKid16 wrote:As much as I think that protests at home games will negatively affect the players, I also believe that Gold, Sullivan and Brady going to the games is the root cause of the protests, so wouldn't it be better for the good of the club if they just stayed away???

Saying that, when have they ever thought about the club, rather than themselves?
Why would they stay away? The supporters protesting is great for them. It gives them a built in excuse if we get relegated. I can see the quote now, "The supporters turned their back on the players, which is why the performance on the field dipped."
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

shortofbrillant wrote:
Why would they stay away? The supporters protesting is great for them. It gives them a built in excuse if we get relegated. I can see the quote now, "The supporters turned their back on the players, which is why the performance on the field dipped."
They might actually get scared.

If they saw my hand span they'd **** themselves.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 762 likes
Total likes: 3501 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Believer wrote:Reminds me of the Chelsea "fan" with his daughter who was "petrified" at the OS at all the coins from those naughty West Ham fans. So petrified that the 2 of them bent down and picked them all up to show the waiting press.
All lies. It never happened.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Took the change out of his pocket more like. I'm sure I remember seeing a note in his hands.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 762 likes
Total likes: 3501 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

West Ham found no evidence of a single coin being thrown at or close to the child in that Chelsea incident, having reviewed all available footage. Yet the mud stuck.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Colours never run wrote:Took the change out of his pocket more like. I'm sure I remember seeing a note in his hands.
His daughter absolutely ruined his claim by saying they didn't have a clue where they came from :lol:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/che ... st-9135910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He looks the sort of bloke who'd take Cadbury's to court because his Freddo was a day old.
Colours never run

Aye, it's a disgrace they're allowed to get away with it if these incidents ain't proved after so much being made of it.

If it happens again, I'd love a journo or someone to be able to call them out for it but sadly always brushed under the carpet when it comes to nasty old West Ham.
Colours never run

DDHammer wrote: His daughter absolutely ruined his claim by saying they didn't have a clue where they came from :lol:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/che ... st-9135910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He looks the sort of bloke who'd take Cadbury's to court because his Freddo was a day old.

Don't want to bang on about it as it's not really for this thread but something of similar nature irritated me on Saturday, was the mum who made a song and dance out of her kids being scared next to the Burnley dug out and so they said sure hop in here just yards away from all that nasty stuff.

Come off it, you're that petrified you'd just leave. I bet her 10yo boys weren't bothered 1 bit.
Graza

Post by Graza »

Mega Ron wrote: I expect the area in front of the Directors 'box' where the demonstrations occurred last time will be flooded with the stab-vest stewards and at times with Police Officers.

I reckon they'll box it off, nothing like fortifications to keep the plebs at bay.

If they just go with people there then a few angry fans will ignore them, be met with a heavy handed response and then it really could get tasty..

If they go with the former they are aloof morons who will call on more scorn, if the go with the latter then they are happy to see people arrested and banned as they hope to win the long war.

Neither is of any benefit to West Ham on the pitch. But when have they ever done anything for the benefit of West Ham on the pitch?
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

I'm not sure they can box it off. Is it not the gangway to and from the seats?
bondsbootlaces
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by bondsbootlaces »

Mega Ron wrote: I expect the area in front of the Directors 'box' where the demonstrations occurred last time will be flooded with the stab-vest stewards and at times with Police Officers.

They will have the same 'stewards' you see working the doors in Romford of a Friday night. Those 'cage fighter' types they asked for before. I don't think the police will go to the platform in front of them though. They will be too busy stewarding in front of the pitch I imagine to keep people in the stands.

The bouncers that will be employed in front of them (they are not stewards in the slightest) will cause unrest. We saw that in 113 against Manchester United our first season in the shitbowl when one took it upon himself to clump and older fella. The blocks around him descended and it was solely through the actions of one other bouncer dragging him up the stairs under him that he didn't end up being badly hurt. This was a bouncer I was promised had been sacked by one of the head/higher up stewards having caused fights earlier in the season. The other 'stewards' (piss poor can run a festival type) scarpered and watched the madness unfold. As far as I am aware, an unprovoked attack on an older supporter. People worrying about kids being caught up in trouble, the only ones likely to strike out at them are the bouncers causing more carnage.

This will be held against everyone protesting as a way to shame us through any media outlet they still even remotely have on side. Others will pick it up and they will have what they want, "a minority of hooligans".

Saying that, should the protest once again start there I will again be a part of it. Fear and bullying cannot win. Their lies won a lot of people over at the start but we can see that changing in the press and among supporters. They cannot win and they will not win.
Graza

Post by Graza »

I don't think an asile leads onto it so there is no real need for anyone to walk past, unless it's a fire safety thing, and let's face it with the bowl design there are very limited number of scenarios where that would be the only egress option.
bondsbootlaces
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by bondsbootlaces »

Mega Ron wrote:I'm not sure they can box it off. Is it not the gangway to and from the seats?
Correct, the only part they can box off is the part directly in front of them between aisles. Not certain but that could possibly go against safety protocols (I am speculating here).
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

I was right by the away fans at that Chelsea game. Somebody behind me said that the Chelsea fans were throwing coins but I never saw coins thrown from either set of fans. It was a lot of handbags really, I didn't realise that I had been standing in the middle of a riot until I got home and the TV told me I was.