Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Corney Beal

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Corney Beal »

Maybe not the majority but still a fair chunk I would think. I remember a certain MOTD presenter being quite vocal in his opposition to the decision too.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Happyhammer52 wrote:As Somerset-Hammer mentioned, as the news first came out, I am certain more than a few had an idea go round their head. I know I did.
Same.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

And me
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

somerset-hammer wrote:I think we all know the answer to that.
I'm sure as the tragedy unfolded, a certain thought entered many peoples minds over the weekend.
But it's probably best we leave it there.
Say no more, nudge nudge, wink wink :wink:
Well said s-h. I think us KUMBERS have, in the main, been very restrained & respectful.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

^^ I wrote and deleted a post suggesting it could inspire a movie plot, ( even a follow up to when the Boleyn got blown up by terrorists but in this movie the helicopter was sabotaged by disgruntled fans angry against the owner ) but didn’t feel it was appropriate then and don’t really think now.
Sorry if this has offended anyone - it was just a thought that I had and in no way do I think relevant to what tragically happened to the Leicester owners helicopter.
Rowly
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Rowly »

Happyhammer52 wrote:I doubt they give a **** what the general West Ham fan thinks about them.

As Somerset-Hammer mentioned, as the news first came out, I am certain more than a few had an idea go round their head. I know I did.
Yup.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

We're not that lucky, were stuck with these leeching scumbags
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 938 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Ozza wrote:We're not that lucky, were stuck with these leeching scumbags
Had something similar happened to G&S what would happen?

Who would be the beneficiaries and take overall control of the club?

TIA. :thup:
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

- 3rd season at a 60,000 seater stadium and the 3rd consecutive season we are fighting relegation. Almost half way through the season and we have only won THREE League games.

- Still loads of injury problems, with nothing being done at the training ground apart from add more porta-cabins.

- Another poor transfer window where they left us far too short in certain positions. Thus effecting some of our League matches and us having to sacrifice our League Cup run as we were down to the bare bones.

- Still interfered with signing certain players that haven't looked good enough (Fredericks) so will once again have to look at a flaming rightback with Zabaleta likely to leave too.

- Still not quite enough money for Pellegrini to spend. He had to sign 32 year old Sanchez as his midfield signing for a puny £4m!! :P

- Not rewarding certain players with newly deserved contracts, which risk upsetting them and wanting to move: Rice & Arnie.

Thank god for Pellegrini for at least having some sort of plan in place to try and play good football and develop this team. As to say so far this has been another appalling season dished up by the worst owners in the Premeir League is an understatement.
Last edited by funky chicken on Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Glad to see this thread is back in its rightful place on the front page :scarfer:
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

Puff Daddy wrote:Glad to see this thread is back in its rightful place on the front page :scarfer:
Yes Puff, I've missed it!
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Scary how accurate he was.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Sulli's in uncharted waters now a bit. He's gone through his well-practised routines up to now, but now the club's making a proper profit and he's got a proper manager (this is not a slight on previous managers, they didn't have much backing) what excuse will he have for not continuing to back Pellers with cash? Other than the similar bull**** I don't take too much notice of his time at Brum because they have always been a struggling club (except for when they unearthed T. Francis). Compared to them WHU have the pedigree of Real Madrid. I don't normally like to sneer at other clubs but that is the reality. Whether Sulli can raise his game to the' next level' remains to be seen
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

He's always been a chancer and always will be. If Cardiff Council had agreed to CCFC moving to the Millennium Stadium and paying rent, his scarf would be blue and white instead of claret and blue. He's wedded to the business plan of rent not buy, and loan the club money at an interest rate of his choosing. Birmingham council saw through him, Cardiff saw through him, he couldn't believe his luck when east London had a huge white elephant which needed to be fed and watered.

Low rent spiv in past present and future.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Leopards don't change their spots. He is a dyed-in-the-wool chancer. I don't think anyone doubts that either here or elsewhere.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

christmas is coming, time for a present to us all...
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

He's never managed to even when he's had the chance to. Let's never forget he's in this for one reason and it isn't to turn us into a top 6 team regardless of all the guff that comes out of his mouth.

Hoping that he'll change is folly, they've got a set model they have run for years, why change it?
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

warp wrote:christmas is coming, time for a present to us all...
Does it involve the undertaker?
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ i'm certainly not expecting he'll change his ways...