Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by taffhammer »

ludo22 wrote: I would be gobsmacked if they do not profit in some way from the development at the BG.Whether it is common knowledge or not,two self-made millionaires do not let an opportunity like the redevelopment of an historic football ground in London pass without having a right old earner.Dress it up anyway you want,they are making money out of it.I think the opportunity to make money out of that development was as enticing to them as the move to the OS and the consequent sale of the club.
I understand your reasoning but if you take into account what they could make by selling the club in a few years i don't think they'd risk that to make a few million on the side. They probally got a few nice dinners from potential BG buyers :wink:
As posted above, plenty in it for the club and the conversion of the OS but nothing in it for them. Pretty much sums them up in a nutshell.
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

So from those revenue charts what will we make now ? An extra 12 million match day, same tv money as all teams and with not owning a stadium no naming rights so less comercial income ?
ludo22
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 133 likes

Post by ludo22 »

taffhammer wrote:I understand your reasoning but if you take into account what they could make by selling the club in a few years i don't think they'd risk that to make a few million on the side. They probally got a few nice dinners from potential BG buyers :wink:
As posted above, plenty in it for the club and the conversion of the OS but nothing in it for them. Pretty much sums them up in a nutshell.
It wouldn't be a "few million" and you're not understanding their psychology.They are definitely earning big off the BG sale.
brooking_1980
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

ludo22 wrote:It wouldn't be a "few million" and you're not understanding their psychology.They are definitely earning big off the BG sale.
100% and if they are smart about it, it will be very well hidden, so no one will ever find out. I would suggest a 9 figure number (no capital gains tax etc etc)
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

ludo22 wrote: It wouldn't be a "few million" and you're not understanding their psychology.They are definitely earning big off the BG sale.
I'm saying what they could have creamed off the sale of the Boleyn would be peanuts compared to what they are about to earn when they sell the club. I don't think they'd risk it but not saying your wrong as they are a couple of chancers.
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

taffhammer wrote:So from those revenue charts what will we make now ? An extra 12 million match day, same tv money as all teams and with not owning a stadium no naming rights so less comercial income ?
Sullivan himself stated 11 million. That's about a Snodgrass without wages.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by Ben »

who pays council tax, electric bills, broadband, water bills etc for the stadium?
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

Ben wrote:who pays council tax, electric bills, broadband, water bills etc for the stadium?
I guess the stadium owners do. We pay 2.5 million rent. We save money having a rent only stadium thats for sure but i reckon it won't make a vast difference to our income.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Ben wrote:who pays council tax, electric bills, broadband, water bills etc for the stadium?
We would pay the council business rates and the utility bills for our offices and shop at the stadium and our own broadband bills. For the rest of the stadium, E20 Stadium Partnership (stadium owner) pay the business rates and LS185 (the stadium operator) pay the utilities.
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

@wembley1966

Thanks for that mate...

I suppose from that the point other guys make about 'dressing us up' for sale is the much greater driver for the owners rather than the ability to create greater investment from the move....the additional tv money is a bonus?
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

I doubt there is anything naughty going on / has gone on re the sale of the BG, it's ALL about the eventual sale of the club, for a huge return
Heysel76
Has liked: 216 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Ozza wrote:I doubt there is anything naughty going on / has gone on re the sale of the BG, it's ALL about the eventual sale of the club, for a huge return
See my post titled "Asset Stripping"
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

^^^ Look back through the last 2 pages of this thread for discussion on the value of West Ham against other clubs.
Diogenes
Has liked: 475 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Wembley1966 wrote:^^^ Look back through the last 2 pages of this thread for discussion on the value of West Ham against other clubs.
Value is part scientific and part potential. Like anything else its based on potential ROI rather than historic data. West Ham will be valued on primarily - location, catchment area, capacity, marketability (historic and current), position (both locally and worldwide) , finances (mainly debt) and investment needed v that potential - time. .
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Diogenes wrote:
Value is part scientific and part potential. Like anything else its based on potential ROI rather than historic data. West Ham will be valued on primarily - location, catchment area, capacity, marketability (historic and current), position (both locally and worldwide) , finances (mainly debt) and investment needed v that potential - time. .

That's how I see it also, Diogenes.
stu1
Has liked: 668 likes
Total likes: 1036 likes

Post by stu1 »

Diogenes wrote: Value is part scientific and part potential. Like anything else its based on potential ROI rather than historic data. West Ham will be valued on primarily - location, catchment area, capacity, marketability (historic and current), position (both locally and worldwide) , finances (mainly debt) and investment needed v that potential - time. .
And once you've taken that in to account, you'll come to the conclusion there is no chance in hell that Norwich City are worth £100m more than us :lol:
Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Post by Peaches »

A couple of points on Keiran Maguire's article:
1) Any article that values Norwich at more than 100m more than West Ham isn't worthy to wipe your arse with.
2) For all intents and purposes (and according to GAAP in most countries) we do own our stadium.
3) Based on a simple cash flow model the value of our stadium deal is an asset of at least 150m, and based on stock market valuations of publicly listed football teams, an asset of over 500m.
As much as the move has been painful and at times it has been a soulless toilet bowl. The economic value of the stadium deal is a win of epic proportions. I hate to say anything good about Brady and the owners but I would be lying if I didn't admit this was one of the greatest property deals since New York was bought from the Native Americans.
The economic value of the Stadium to the owners is somewhere between minus 500m (cash flow model), and 100m (best case land value model). Given that they won't be able to sell the stadium to developers, we have a locked in 98 year lease, and the operating costs look to exceed the revenue in perpetuity I can't see the value to the owners ever being positive.
The only people who could conceivably not lose money on the stadium is us, so if we ever get owners with som real cash, they should offer to build a 35,000 seat athletics stadium in the Olympic park in exchange for the deed to the LS, naming rights and building permission to put seats over the track and cover them. If the owners don't bite their hands off leak the economics of owning the stadium.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

But for an extra £11m a year was it really worth selling out soul .And for me they are in a hugely precarious position if their aim is to fatten the cow for a sale .This season imo we were 1 win away from going down Swansea at home .Also had we not had those 2 very fortunate 1-0 wins against Burnley and hull our season could have been very different.my point is bigger clubs than us have gone down in the last 5 years .the EPL will only be tougher next year unless they make serious invest with our injury history we will struggle again .i dread to think what would happen if we went down in the next 5 years while they are in charge .going down in this stadium compared to being at the Boleyn would be a completely difffrent scenario imo .efectively we are probably in a league of 10-12 teams and 3 will go down .i certainly wouldn't like that pressure as a business man every year .
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

Thats the thing though, relegation is not a disaster for them, they always point to their record of getting teams they relegated back up. Their egos and arrogance see them through, they have convinced themselves that they have some sort of magic formula to get you out of the championship..
Its a dangerous game to play, implosion is never far away when you are relegated.
As for the £11 million, its chicken feed in todays market.
If thats all there is then none of it was worth it.
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

mushy wrote: As for the £11 million, its chicken feed in todays market.
If thats all there is then none of it was worth it.
It's all a bit confusing. If ours is only 2.5 mill a year you have to throw in the question then why would the Spuds build a new stadium with simular capacity for 700 million ? If we get 11 million extra revenue they must only get maybe 16 million extra. Is it worth it ?
If we risked it and spent big on players and gave the wages to get them to come here we could get a jump on the Spuds for the next few years.

This transfer window will confirm what G&S are all about.....