Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by e-20 »

sicknote wrote:The problem with these owners is

They will look at yesterdays win on the pitch and actually think everything they did in social media and sullivan and bradys articles in some way helped the team, and will carry on as they were,

They cant help themselves, and are too blind to see it
I think you are right, they truly are self obsessed and one dimensional in equal measure. And two teenagers with new ideas in a World of hard headed billionaires and multi national conglomerates really isn't going to make things better, far from it they would be truly out of their depth to the point I would fear for the survival of the club at all. This isn't the right environment for experimentation nor the conviction that untried ideas are in some way a substitute for success that big investment can bring. Indeed the dads have already tried that concept and failed dismally. Indeed on that point I really don't think we will fully understand what state this club is in till they have left. I fear there will be some very hard to stomach stories come out thereafter.
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Just curious. Presumably within their other businesses they have people who manage public relations. Don't they have anyone employed at the club to filter the outgoing communications and PR? Is there no one to advise Mr Sullivan that what he says is often highly counterproductive to his interests?
hammer1975
Has liked: 980 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Someone that knows better than mr Sullivan? What are you insinuating?
e-20

Post by e-20 »

the celestial insect wrote:Just curious. Presumably within their other businesses they have people who manage public relations. Don't they have anyone employed at the club to filter the outgoing communications and PR? Is there no one to advise Mr Sullivan that what he says is often highly counterproductive to his interests?
Yes unfortunately it was Max Clifford.
e-20

Post by e-20 »

hammer1975 wrote:Someone that knows better than mr Sullivan? What are you insinuating?
That Guardian article just left me shaking my head in disbelief, it was all about his only mistake (while realing us in with his sense of guilt over it to gain our empathy no doubt) was purely to have allowed others the room to make mistakes. The audacity of the man, it so reminded me of the defence put up by Robert Mugabe over the years for his Country's total collapse under his stewardship. The contradictions within his utterings were legends in the making. The thought of him having yet more control and turning the BS counter up to 11 is beyond scary. But he clearly thinks that all that is lacking is his need to work 30 hours a day rather than the present 25 to solve all the problems those lesser mortals have inflicted upon him. That it's a matter of finding different more successful solutions when we all know (bar him it seems) that it's always the same dogmatic solution repeated ad infinitum. I truly do believe we are doomed after reading that, well beyond his delusional assessment that if we are relegated we will come right back up again, just like before he suggests... which only proves its that same old well worn and chewed up plan all along.
Last edited by e-20 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
westhamshares
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by westhamshares »

their "other businesses" are the problem. the relatively recent foray into real estate means that their historic businesses gives them no understanding of dealing with fans or consumers to give us our new title

none of the "customers" in their other businesses would complain if they weren't happy with the product sold to them as they wold be too embarrassed and therein lies the issue - they cant handle complaints as they've never had to deal with them.

Gold;s family run the most acceptable aspect of their other business activities and not surprisingly you don't hear anything form his daughter whatsoever

what the guardian article reinforced which is the most worrying is that this is sullivan's toy *only* now and he is if you'll pardon the terminology "grooming" both his kids to take over the reins - that is the most truly terrifying aspect - all the other are the usual shock of his being able to put his foot in it with relative ease

more than ever we need to redouble our efforts to remove this family from our club the thought of a dynasty from the sullivans doesn't bear thinking about - far worse than the cearns

the win as important as it was should not deflect us from the incompetence of the board - they are NOT able to keep us at the current level let alone take us to the next level
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Believer wrote:
It’s actually beyond words the way he operates. He has literally got the footballing world ridiculing him. Those lads on 5 live were by no means slagging the club just him. He is an absolute idiot !

and a poor judge of a player too
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1318 likes

Post by davids cross »

"Please don't sign for them dad. Please daddy, don't do it. Not West Ham, anybody but West Ham. We beg of you. ...Their chairman is a Napoleon shaped big mouth who will throw you under a bus as soon as look at you. Even his own fans despise him. Don't do it daddy"

Jose Fontes kids (probably)
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Have you ever noticed how Sullivan never blames people that are smaller than him..?

Oh! No wait...!!
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Was I reading the Guardian article wrong or was he saying signing Hart was a mistake; the same Hart he said was the best keeper he'd ever worked with?

I didn't think I could shake my head in disbelief any more than I have done in the last several months with the things these cretins have come out with, but reading the posts over the last few pages regarding their recent exploits.......................... Jesus Christ!!!

Gentlemen, just sell up and go, please!
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

He's, actually, using the "bad signings" as justification for taking" total control" of transfers, as his managers have made all of them and he, only "good signings"
He's a ****ing joke and pretty much anybody in football and with half a brain can see it.
The only reason he get's signings over the line is the sheer amount of money he has to throw at the players - Hart gets more than Kane and Alli combined. Eighth highest wage bill in Europe!!
hxhammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by hxhammer »

I was told not to read the Guardian interview, but like a prat, i did and I am p*ssed off i ignored the advice offered,

Does he seriously think that the utter garbage he spouted was going to improve things?

As for the comments about Fonte, Snodgrass and Hart, well i just hope he bumps into one of them and they chin him, what an utter louse the man is
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

I'm reminded of this. Over seven years ago now.
Mr Sullivan should have a bit more composure when he talks to the press to hammer the players. It's not helping anyone. The fact you have money doesn't mean you can say and do whatever you want.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 67489.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

the celestial insect wrote:Over seven years ago now.
It's like Groundhog Day isn't it? ... so depressing.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

I've just become a big fan of Jose Fonte.
Graza

Post by Graza »

Any high ranking employee of a football club who made comments like they regularly make in the press, from the weekly look at me Brady column, to the Twitter outbursts etc. Would be fired after the first one.

There is no other club that conducts themselves like this, not one.
hammer1975
Has liked: 980 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

I just feel like you could post this interview every day to highlight what bollox he comes out with and how it contradicts to suit his current spin:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... d-sullivan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

#charlatans
RM9

Post by RM9 »

That particular video makes my blood boil, shameless little **** with his **** Krays film t-shirt on. Taking the applause because we sat 5th in the league. Shortly before throwing BFS under the bus with his contract and lack of decent investment that January.

Groundhog day with Bilic. Get out!!!!!!!!!!!
BostonHammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by BostonHammer »

Good evening gents,

I am not nor have I ever been ITK, however I am part of a supporters club in a major American city (before you ask, it's not Boston).

Without giving too much up on who it was specifically, a family member of David Gold happened to join us in the pub for the first half of the Chelsea match, it was a coincidence that he happened to be here on business!

I thought to myself how special this was - a close family member of the chairman watching the match with us! I had plenty of questions I wanted to ask, especially because I am fed up with our ownership. I thought very carefully of what to ask. Simply saying "is your uncle planning on selling up soon?" may have pissed him off, and chances of me getting an accurate response were low.

This is what I asked them instead:

"So Jacqueline has done very well running Ann Summers hasn't she? Would she or any of your relatives be interested in running the daily operations at West Ham, maybe equally as well as they've run your other family businesses?"

They responded definitively that no one in the Gold family is interested in managing/running any aspect of West Ham.

I told them that I was disappointed in hearing this as I thought they would do much better than members of the Sullivan clan. To that the response was minimal, a shoulder shrug and grin indicating faint agreement.

They went on to text a picture of us to David Gold directly, to which DG responded "good luck!"

They also told us stories of DG gathering his nieces and nephews to bring to Upton Park "decades ago, when I was a child, and we didn't own any shares in the club yet". I got the impression that side of ownership is certainly legitimate supporters of the club, and that DG is simply too old to involve himself in the real running of the club and that no one on his side is interested.

This makes me see two directions for the club, one of which is lovely and the other a nightmare! The Sullivan clan may be trying to sell up soon, or they may try holding on to the club for some time. Either way, it seems the Gold family will be involved less and less rather than more.
Kialos
Has liked: 1545 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Thanks for that snippet, sadly Sullivan is already the majority shareholder so we already have the nightmare scenario.

Pity that the Gold sisters are not interested, they would do the job so much better than the idiot and his grown up offspring currently in charge.

Hopefully Gold will sell his shares to someone other than Sullivan. Maybe the yank with the 10%.