Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 264 likes
Total likes: 231 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by simonpaulthomas »

There must be a general feeling among the architectural trade about “our” place, right? I can only speculate what that would be...
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1382 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

The broken faded seats where the players showed off the third kit told you all you need to know about our make do and mend training ground. Let's hope we don't have any more hard frosts this winter.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I feel they see the training ground as not all that important. I believe they merely see it as a place where the players train and absolutely nothing else ? It has a gym, football pitches, balls and cones, showers with running hot and cold water, what else do they need?
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

The players are at the training ground four or five days a week, they're only at the stadium once a fortnight. I'd say it matters very much.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:The players are at the training ground four or five days a week, they're only at the stadium once a fortnight. I'd say it matters very much.
I totally agree with you, it is their place of work, but my post was my opinion on how they see it
happydaystoytown
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 101 likes

Post by happydaystoytown »

TTS :thup:

Great summing up of their motives and how they operate.

Greedy owners have done terrible things to great clubs over the years but they recover, what this pair of charlatans have done is irreparable, certainly for the next few decades.

Greedy, egotistical, inept and in charge, what a crying shame.
marshboy

Post by marshboy »

the board make no money from the training ground ,why would they spend money on it ??
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

marshboy wrote:the board make no money from the training ground ,why would they spend money on it ??
In a nutshell !

It appears that every club in the PL either have or are in the process of having substantially better facilities than us. I appreciate that the players are on fantastic life changing wages but that is their profession. Their place of work should be such that they can maximise their value and their potential. The fact that we have a history of long term injuries should raise an alarm to the owners. Someone highlighted Leicesters planned £80m facility, Southampton, Burnley, Brighton, Newcastle are some of the ones I've seen and they're fantastic. I've not even mentioned the ones at the top 6 or 7 clubs.

However it's the usual bluff and bluster with our lot. £40m players training in 3rd rate facilities. I bet Arnautovic was shocked at swapping Stoke's facilities for ours. Stoke City ! they are happy to put London in our crest to imply we are elite and from a big forward thinking city yet they expect our players to do sprint training on a bit of AstroTurf squeezed down a corridor in a potrtacabin. I know that people will say that it was good enough for Bonds and Moore etc having poor facilities but times have moved on. Football wasn't the multi million pound business it is now.

The wages we have given to Andy Carroll could have built us a top notch training ground. The money we've wasted on loans and agents fees likewise. Short term, lick of paint, it'll do for another year or so. We are the London Underground of the football league - make do until it's beyond repair and ends up costing twice as much.
EssexIron
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 54 likes

Post by EssexIron »

They put 2 articles on the clubs website referencing that Daily Mail article. They really do hate the press having a dig at them don't they. Their ego's just can't take it. I don't check other clubs sites but I'd be surprised if they put up articles defending themselves everytime a newspaper released a story.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Last season when we were going through the same **** we are going through now but with bilic, john cross the jorno, said on TS that Rush Green was the worst training ground in the top two leagues, he said it was no surprise that players were underperforming and that if a player saw it before signing it was likely that they wouldn’t come here.

He said it was an embarrassment and a joke
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

training grounds are part of a long term vision for the club which gsb don't have nor want. they will no doubt get the bowl cheap and look to flog the club for 700m in due course.
this spending 100m is not exactly true they made a profit for the last window of around 25m and spent around 4m the previous so taken into account an average for the last 3 windows and its around a 25m spend per window. even bournemouth spend more than us because despite what they said about the stadium taking us to the next level it is the TV money that has done that for all clubs.

gsb will make do until the time is right for them to sell. if we survive this season it will be more of the same for the next.

the only way it will change will be when they go. we had a chance with protests but now they have spent "100m" a lot of the media will blame us fans for the poor atmosphere and team performances.

however a few ex players are coming out against them so their plan has not worked fully.
rsnwhu
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by rsnwhu »

Removed my own post as the mods here removed my initial earlier post without explanation.
Poor
Last edited by rsnwhu on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
MooresTheHero
Has liked: 1226 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by MooresTheHero »

The 11 man has it in one!

GSB must be thinking - why spend our hard earned dildo cash on a training ground. If we hang on in there we can get the **** hole stadium for free and use those facilities for training. Afterall it was good enough for Olympians.

****ers

:crest:

Proper crest
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by screech »

I know someone who's company sponsors west ham and he told me yesterday that big things are planned over west ham, and the spending is planned to continue, but even on the back of that he said his company is counting down the days to leave the deal they have with west ham to break the sponsorship due to how the place is run and the potential damage it could do to the brand
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Oi Gold you mug, if you’re that concerned about agents taking money out of the game, then you should get that dwarf prick in line who seems to only deal with agents and the dross they put in front of him
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

And while I’m at it, leaking starting line ups to some puppet in social media, ****ing amateurs
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

it`s not run like a circus anymore though !
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by screech »

So Sullivan seems to be the social media leak???
BFS saying Sully wanted to know the team before the players did, then teams being discussed on twitter through a certain channel before the 1 hour standard release time.
Also what has team selection got to do with Sully? yes he is at the top of the club but team selection is what he pays a manager for! if he see someone starting and thought "nah he shouldn't be starting" would he influence the managers decisions??
the bloke is a scumbag that can't help meddling with every aspect of what is wrong with the club
Rotten to the core that little dwarf **** is
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

his club though and until they leave it wont improve
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

@KieranMaguire
7m7 minutes ago
More
Seems strange that David Gold is criticising football agents for ‘sucking tons of money out of football’ when he & fellow multi millionaire David Sullivan paid themselves £10m in interest in August 2017. #WHU #WestHam

@KieranMaguire
2m2 minutes ago
More
Agents can also get a good price for an asset. The company to which Gold sold the Boleyn Ground appears to have acquired it for £40m & immediately sold for £60m. A good agent would have got a better deal for West Ham perhaps?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;