Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

brothernero
Has liked: 700 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by brothernero »

What did Sullivan say after the game? I missed it.
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

brothernero wrote:What did Sullivan say after the game? I missed it.
Help me down off my seat?
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

I’m going to sound a bit contrary here but whilst I didn’t want us to move - and don’t think we had to - I actually quite like the new gaff now I’ve been a couple of times.

What I don’t like is coasting along with minimal investment to compliment it and their abhorrent, underhand practices to undermine the manager. Bilic gets his flak - and for games like tonight rightly so - but I wonder who in their right mind would do a great job reporting into Sullivan.

The current malaise may feel like it’s rooted in the manager and his ability to motivate a group of players. But in reality this is a final chapter of everything that those charlatans set in motion in the first place.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

You've been twice to the piss hole !!

After 9 yrs without missing a home game league or cup or friendly I ain't been this season yet can't stand the place only miss meeting mates for a beer and tonight was another **** night at the pisshole

Watched in the local which meant I stayed to the end :thup:
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

We won't get anyone decent. Who would want to work for them? Pardew maybe. Or Kenny jacket. Someone like that.

I would take allardyce. Mainly because the players adore him.
brothernero
Has liked: 700 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Hugh Jargon II wrote: I would take allardyce. Mainly because the players adore him.

:x
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

****ing hell if we got big sam back I wouldn’t be going back over there. And think the atmosphere is toxic now, Jesus Christ...
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Sickeningly, a part of me wants them to learn their lesson so bad that I wouldn’t be that upset if they employed some **** and it went tits up and we went down. It would actually be fun to listen to Sullivan try and gob off.

Anything that might increase the chance of these absolute knobrots from selling up and ****ing off wouldn’t be completely without its bonus.
jhammers
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by jhammers »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:
I would take allardyce. Mainly because the players adore him.
Yep, that's enough internet for me tonight

Christ... :o
kevino
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by kevino »

Just got home. The next level? Yeah, right
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

I bet Neville and Carragher laughed their plums off when they heard Sullivan would be doing a little pre-match interview. It exactly the sort of thing that makes us look amateurish and Sully went in feet first with claims of-

"95% are happy with the move"
"the manager doesnt know his best 11"
"We don't sack managers"

Can anyone recall a Chairman/Owner doing a pre-match interview in the stadium before a game ?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:
"95% are happy with the move"
"the manager doesnt know his best 11"
"We don't sack managers"

1 - f*** right off with that mythical b*llocks you idiotic poison dwarf gobshite!

2 - Agreed

3 - True

Oh well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad I spose.. Best to say f*** all before the game though eh. :hush:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Colours never run wrote:
1 - **** right off with that mythical b*llocks you idiotic poison dwarf gobshite!

2 - Agreed

3 - True

Oh well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad I spose.. Best to say **** all before the game though eh?
Well they sacked Grant, so another untruth.

But your right- say nothing.

As an owner you should be seen and not heard. Not talking club business and expressing personal opinion before a crucial home game.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

You know the point he tries to make every so often, as in they don't generally get rid of managers easily. Buy yes, should say nothing at all or certainly not at the moment and just before kick off.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

The main reason they don't like to get rid of managers is that they are too tight to pay the compensation.
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

jacko wrote:The main reason they don't like to get rid of managers is that they are too tight to pay the compensation.
This is exactly right.
Slav stays until the end of the season unless the owners think we will be relegated. They already have our money, they don't care about the quality of what is on offer. Next spring there will be a new manager and new promises of star players.
Miles Standish Proud
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

Post by Miles Standish Proud »

Does he think that failing to get rid of a bad manager is a virtue?
As others have said their style appears to be to let managers run down their contracts so there is no severance payment. In other words encourage a situation where the manager is undermined and the players stop playing. Masterstroke of good governance that, Sully.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Colours never run wrote:You know the point he tries to make every so often, as in they don't generally get rid of managers easily. Buy yes, should say nothing at all or certainly not at the moment and just before kick off.
They do everything they can to avoid having to pay out early. If that’s to the detriment of the football on offer and the supporters, then so be it.

Zola and Allardyce had the basic same last season in charge. The mantra that they are “loyal” to managers is a part of their mythical positives bullet point bull****.
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Not quite sure how these clowns have made so much money - I'm pretty sure if management in any company were performing so poorly they'd be sacked.

It's fair enough giving the manager all the tools to do the job well, but they've been pretty poor at that too so should take their share of the blame.

Sticking with a manager was ok in the days of Johnny Lyall but in today's game there's no place for it - and I doubt pundits would moan given he's had 3 seasons now to put together a consistent side, and has failed miserably. It's all about results, and money, surprised Koeman is still there.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Coops wrote: This is exactly right.
Slav stays until the end of the season unless the owners think we will be relegated. They already have our money, they don't care about the quality of what is on offer. Next spring there will be a new manager and new promises of star players.
Although they were so tight they waitied until 4:50pm the day we were relegated to get shot of Grant

Debt owed to them at 7% interest, they've put nothing into the club for 3yrs now either