Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Up the Junction »

Doc H Ball wrote:Must be a bit weird having dinner with your daughter with one of you running a smutty, filth ridden business and the other Ann Summers.
:thup:
Tackler

Post by Tackler »

Do you remember this ? Over seven years ago.

Sullivan "he added, revealing that he wants to take West Ham into the Champions League in the next decade. "We have a seven-year plan to get them into the Champions League. "

"We are deeply and passionately involved in West Ham. It is where I have wanted to be for 20 years. We have done [what we have done] in a way that is good for Birmingham and we have got the club we wanted. Over the next seven years we will spend a lot of money."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... m-takeover" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a shame things didn't go according to plan!

I wonder if he still has the ambitions to get us there. I hope so.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Tackler wrote: It's a shame things didn't go according to plan!
It has gone to their plan, just that their plan doesn't match their public lies.
I wonder if he still has the ambitions to get us there. I hope so.
They never did in the first place.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

We have no chance of even top 6 with these clowns in charge .Liverpool and Spurs have made it virtually impossible .Both of these will only get stronger over next few years if current managers stay .Everton are still a bit of an unknown force they could possibly tag on .But imo there will be a massive chasm between top 6/7 and rest of league as seen this season .Last season was a total freak with Leicester winning .we had somewhat of a perfect storm but nothing like Leicester obviously .But we unearthed a world class player ,Chelsea massively underperformed .Are this 2 things likely again I doubt it .we have potential to be best of the rest but without massive investment we are a million miles away
Tackler

Post by Tackler »

hadleighhammer wrote: It has gone to their plan, just that their plan doesn't match their public lies.

They never did in the first place.
I hope you are wrong.
Tackler

Post by Tackler »

bubbles500 wrote:We have no chance of even top 6 with these clowns in charge .Liverpool and Spurs have made it virtually impossible .Both of these will only get stronger over next few years if current managers stay .Everton are still a bit of an unknown force they could possibly tag on .But imo there will be a massive chasm between top 6/7 and rest of league as seen this season .Last season was a total freak with Leicester winning .we had somewhat of a perfect storm but nothing like Leicester obviously .But we unearthed a world class player ,Chelsea massively underperformed .Are this 2 things likely again I doubt it .we have potential to be best of the rest but without massive investment we are a million miles away
Yes it will be hard to break into the top six, it will need a massive investment and we will probably not see that happen with Sullivan and Gold. But they have talked about spending alot of money so we will hopefully see that now in the summer and at least compete with Everton, Leicester and Southampton for 6th - 8th.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Tackler wrote:
Yes it will be hard to break into the top six, it will need a massive investment and we will probably not see that happen with Sullivan and Gold. But they have talked about spending alot of money so we will hopefully see that now in the summer and at least compete with Everton, Leicester and Southampton for 6th - 8th.
You'd better get yourself one of those season tickets fast then mate, before they're all sold out
Tackler

Post by Tackler »

Puff Daddy wrote:
You'd better get yourself one of those season tickets fast then mate, before they're all sold out
Nah I think I'll pass on that, streams on Kodi works for me fine
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Tackler wrote:
Nah I think I'll pass on that, streams on Kodi works for me fine

Sensible guy. I say before parting with one's hard earned cash, wait for them to put their money where their mouths are for a change, instead of the other way round
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

League will defo be tougher next year .Newcastle and Brighton will be an upgrade on Sunderland and boro and I'd fancy Huddersfield to do well if they go up and keep Wagner .I think Leicester will do much better and be tough to beat for 8th .But really you have to say you've got about 12 teams including us that are in our own mini division and if any one are off the pace could easily go down including us tbh .its hard to say how our home form will shape up next season .If it will pick up or if the distant to the crowds will be a long term problem .
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 691 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

Tackler wrote: But they have talked about spending alot of money so we will hopefully see that now in the summer and at least compete with Everton, Leicester and Southampton for 6th - 8th.
These clowns have given the same bull**** year after year whilst owning our club, and did the same for about 10 years as owners of Birmingham

Be interested to know why you think they would suddenly change the way they operate now? I mean ok we all know that Gold doesn't know what he had for breakfast, but Sullivan has always, unfortunately, been the
'brains' behind the scenes, and he is the perfect example of little man syndrome, and as such thinks he is always right, when he's usually ****ing wrong
Tackler

Post by Tackler »

chalks wrote:Be interested to know why you think they would suddenly change the way they operate now?
I don't think they will, in fact I doubt it but I hope they will.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

The ground move that makes us £11m extra a year that was supposed to take us to next level .£11m what was the point
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 691 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

Tackler wrote: I don't think they will, in fact I doubt it but I hope they will.
It's the hope that kills us all
hessa
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by hessa »

bubbles500 wrote:The ground move that makes us £11m extra a year that was supposed to take us to next level .£11m what was the point
Unfortunately the point was to trouser the money for selling our ground and then rent the not fit for purpose bowl on the cheap. They did rather nicely out of it, don't you know. Headbanger
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2944 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

hessa wrote:Unfortunately the point was to trouser the money for selling our ground and then rent the not fit for purpose bowl on the cheap.
The truth .
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

If they were serious, they would have invested in a "quality " striker in Jan 2016 - Instead they bullshitted about Carroll and Sakho injuries and played Valencia, Jelavic and Eminike up front!We were 2 wins away from CL football! That is the closest we will ever get under these self absorbed "media whores"
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

I'd say this window really is make or break for them in fans eyes .Naturally football supporters are an optimistic lot or you could say insane .based on a 7 year history if they pull off 2 or 3 quality signings it will be something they've never done before .we shall see
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1956 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

bubbles500 wrote:I'd say this window really is make or break for them in fans eyes
They're already broken. They could buy Messi, Ronaldo and Scarlett Johansson but I'd still want them gone.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

I say enjoy the 7th place we achieved in 2016 'cos we won't get that close again. We simply cannot compete with the money sloshing around at the top of the Premier and if you add Everton to that, 8th-14th is the best we will achieve. Pessimistic of course but you guys know I do not speak with ****ed tongue. I go back over 50 years and fondly remember 1985/86 and now 2015/16. Another season like that in my lifetime? I very much doubt it. I rest my case. :(