Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

1mcavennie
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by 1mcavennie »

The answer is in the financial statements published on the club site

The 2010 accounts show interest payable of £3.7m (hardly clipping the club)

The 2016 accoup show interest payable of £6.1m (not really an improvement)
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

I read Gold has explained how we as supporters can show that to Slav .... apparently when it comes to the transfer budget we can show our support by using the ticket exchange properly..!!

All money from the ticket exchange will go directly to transfers ....

So it's up to us to use it to ensure Slav gets his transfer budget....

:)
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

They have a plant in most media outlets so of course they probably do on here.
Just needs one outlet to rise upo and speak on behalf of the fans. Can't see Darren Lewis being one of them....
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Peaches wrote:If they both made more than 6 mil on loans totalling 49.2 mill that is 25% interest.
It's the total interest accrued at the year end - i.e. the total interest from when they started lending money to the club when they took over - not the annual interest.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Compound interest, isn't it? Loaned £49.2m in 2011, 5 years later (based on those accounts) the total interest they've gained is ~£12m. Works out at roughly 6% a year, I think:

2012 - Loan of £49.2m @ 6% - £2.95m interest
2013 - Loan of £52.2m @ 6% - £3.13m interest
2014 - Loan of £55.3m @ 6% - £3.32m interest
2015 - Loan of £58.6m @ 6% - £3.52m interest
2016 - Loan of £62.1m

Total interest gain - £12.9m

And so it will go on and on until they've got themselves a nice little nest egg. If £6m each isn't already considered a nice little nest egg.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Nest egg?

When they flog the gaff they'll have a battery farm.
Fishdo

Post by Fishdo »

Doc H Ball wrote:Nest egg?

When they flog the gaff they'll have a battery farm.
LOL!!

They certainly treat us like we're the chickens... ;)
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Gold touting his son in laws mortgage business on twitter"will get you the best deal" :lol: worse than a parody account.And the irony when we are stuck in a rented stadium for 98 years.May as well just tweet "good morning please take the piss out of me and my football club"
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Ozza »

Fishdo wrote:I read Gold has explained how we as supporters can show that to Slav .... apparently when it comes to the transfer budget we can show our support by using the ticket exchange properly..!!

All money from the ticket exchange will go directly to transfers ....

So it's up to us to use it to ensure Slav gets his transfer budget....

:)
no way Fishy is that right?

So it's now down to the fans to get money in the managers transfer account (that he doesn't actually have control over), disgrace
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Ozza wrote:no way Fishy is that right?

So it's now down to the fans to get money in the managers transfer account (that he doesn't actually have control over), disgrace
Yep:

@IANL80s: @davidgold I was going to give up my ticket today but not now when the club will make all most 80% form it . Why ?? Can you tell me this

@davidgold: All money that the club makes from the ticket exchange mechanism goes to the recruitment fund + it gives a chance for a fan to c the game dg
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Ozza »

Jesus H C.....
WHU647580

Post by WHU647580 »

Wembley1966 wrote: It's the total interest accrued at the year end - i.e. the total interest from when they started lending money to the club when they took over - not the annual interest.
This I believe is correct. The amount on those club accounts is the total amount of interest accrued since they started acting as a "bank"for the club, also they've taken about 4m out

They will claim they've not taken a wage in all these years, plus there is supposed to be a tax break for the club somewhere. I think it's wrong they're making money like this, it should be converted to equity. They will continue to make money (total will be around 20m) until deferred payment is made in 2020, if it isn't made it keeps on stacking up. They should be making money off the value of the club not a relegation that their incompetence and poor decision making helped cause
wildkard
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

Someone says (and this is a direct C&P):

"I was going to give up my ticket today but not now when the club will make all most 80% form it . Why ?? Can you tell me this"

He replied:

"All money that the club makes from the ticket exchange mechanism goes to the recruitment fund + it gives a chance for a fan to c the game dg"

So not quite what has been stated on here. Although not sure where matey there gets 80% from anyway. It's more like I receive 80% of the "cost" (ie: not really the cost anyway) of my ticket. 38 quid or whatever.
WHU647580

Post by WHU647580 »

Absolutely comical that Gold is banging on about the transfer fund, and the ticket exchange etc, they've always maintained that the ticket revenue was the transfer kitty. Well we currently bring in about 40m so why have we only spent 14m net this summer and that's without the 7-8m left over from Payet? What are they doing with it, they going to use it in January when they hate spending money in that window and with a manager that doesn't have a new contract? Do me a favour!
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

The only thing they have taken to the next level is their profit. :thdn:
Fishdo

Post by Fishdo »

Ozza - I got that from this link

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/09/22/da ... -benefits/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That link also says our net spend was £10 million and break even last summer... but I have read so many reports contradicting each other...

The link also mentioned Brady's comments last week saying Slav was 'predominantly' responsible for all signings....she also said there was a separate fund for any young players which is separated from the transfer budget for first team....

What I found more interesting about Golds comments is the way he turns the issue of the ticket exchange back on the fans rather than addressing the main point about the way the club reimburse fans using the system itself.... doesn't matter what the board do the problems that arise from it are always some one else's fault...

I read a link here a few weeks back that showed that the Daves had not spent a penny overall ever since Birmingham....
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

Remove the sentiment - and football itself - from the equation, then everything looks extremely clear from a business perspective.

They bought an ailing business with the intention of maximising profits which is precisely what they're doing. The only difference is that it's masquerading under a facade of "living at 442 Green Street and I had trials, don't you know", crossed hammers in mansions and alike.

People can talk all they like about Slav and his ability to take us forward - but in reality we're going nowhere without outside investment and G&S moving on.
Patito

Post by Patito »

ageing hammer wrote:The only thing they have taken to the next level is their profit. :thdn:

In a nutshell.
wildkard
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

https://www.whufc.com/tickets/ticketexchange

10% admin fee deducted by Ticketmaster themselves. No idea where that bloke got the 80% from. Also no idea why Gold didn't just tell him this (well, I do have an idea - he simply doesn't know). So the club get nothing whatsoever from ticket trader sales.

As far as I am concerned, there is absolutely no issue with ticket trader. 10% deduction doesn't seem that harsh to me. Any more would probably see people buying STs purely to sell on every week.
Fishdo

Post by Fishdo »

I haven't seen or read of any recent problems with the ticket exchange.... but if the subject is going to changed then it's always nice to be reminded by what a great opportunity the board have given us with the move to the OS..

It really has been "a game changer " for all of us...