Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Kialos »

MooresTheHero wrote:Kalios, just joined WHUISA

Could do with more members to help get the evil trio out.

Glad we still have the proper crest on here as well, not that West Ham London *****.

:thup:
Mr_incredible
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by Mr_incredible »

oh hear we go again... people ranting about how oppressed they are and that they're not going back next year cos how **** it is.....cue renewal time..saying weve had the best transfer window ever... signing on the dotted line and predicting us to get 12 points from our opening 6 fixtures....its like groundhog day in here.
I have no problems with people who keep signing up.....and kudos to anyone who can sit thru 90 minutes of that tosh the other night.....some of the sulking about it is pretty embarrassing...
Kialos

Post by Kialos »

wizzo_66 wrote:Whilst WHUISA is a fantastic start and I am fully engaged with their work....

I do feel we need an anti board movement/organisation. It is the only way to build enough momentum and attention to the issue.

Wizzo, I've taken the liberty of posting this on the WHUISA thread as I'd like to reply but mindful of taking this thread off topic
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

wizzo_66 wrote:
I do feel we need an anti board movement/organisation. It is the only way to build enough momentum and attention to the issue.
I said the other day that instead of moaning on here people should do something a bit more proactive, and got shouted down
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Massive pitch invasion against Liverpool live on BT Sport during the game. No more talking, everyone run on and aim the chants towards the directors box. That’s the kind of action needed
westhamlinnet
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by westhamlinnet »

I can't believe Bilic is still manager either sack him or back him it is plainly obvious this situation cannot continue. I am unsure as to whether Sullivan is just incompetent or really wants to be relegated. Perhaps he has an ulterior motive in relegation.
Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Kialos wrote:

He did it because he was rattled that a well respected journalist in The Times spoke to West Ham fans from the West Ham United Independent Supporters Association and wrote an article about whether the stadium felt like home yet. This appeared in yesterdays edition.
Now this I agree with. For those who want him out the only way to achieve this (IMHO) is through personal embarrassment. He is an egotistical narcissist (many successful business people are) and he can duck and dive with the best of them. But when he feels he is undermined he tends to react with little plan or forethought thus exposing himself even more. Facts or the truth will not bother him in the slightest but opinion that in someway he feels demeans him will.
ammo
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by ammo »

wizzo_66 wrote:Whilst WHUISA is a fantastic start and I am fully engaged with their work....

I agree with this. I looked into joining WHUISA too but they state they are for the fans not anti board. The situation is so depressing at the moment, I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I was ok with the move to the OS as I was one of those who thought it would help us move to the next level but as we all know that has been a big con. There must be something we can do to make their lives a misery without resorting to not going or supporting the team? In any other business, they would have lost their custom by now but we have so many loyal fans, like myself - 25 years + a season ticket holder who will never give up going to support their team. It's so heartbreaking. There are other boards out there, for example LCFC who treat their supporters a lot better and pay the funds to buy the players, who weren't even LCFC supporters, they came from Thailand for god's sake. And we get the Dildo twins - how's your luck? :crest:
sgb1972
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by sgb1972 »

They get away with murder. Sullivan's comment that 95% are happy with the stadium - prove it, how has he sourced this information. If the sporting media were proper journalists they'd challenge him on this statement.

Shame Jeremy Paxman isn't a West Ham fan!
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

How full is the stadium on average per match? If the club is making money then fan protests from paying customers won't hurt them.
Kialos

Post by Kialos »

The ground is not full but the tickets are all sold so they have your money, This point was covered in The Times article. They have your money, they don't care.

But there is more than one way to skin a cat, especially very thin skinned cats...........

ammo, I've responded to your post on the WHUISA thread
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

I agree the powers that be have gotten away with liberties for a long while, and the more they can divide the fanbase the more they will take. We have been reacting to them all the time the best way for us would be proactive not reactive, we need to drip feed stories to the press and radio and tv everyday just keep piling it on.
Sooner or later the press will react, if enough people complain, send them personal stories then that's good,
Miles Standish Proud
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by Miles Standish Proud »

That 95 per cent comment is laughable but is a gift for any protest movement. Claret T-shirts with a blue '5%' on them anyone?
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

ammo wrote:There must be something we can do to make their lives a misery without resorting to not going or supporting the team?
No merchandise. No food or drink. No programme.
Just buy your match ticket.
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

WHU_Del wrote: No merchandise. No food or drink. No programme.
Just buy your match ticket.
Unfortunately I don’t think that would bother them too much as I don’t believe they get much from the food or drink anyway ?

Problem is, my kids want the latest shirts like loads of other kids and if I tell them they can’t have them because of my personal reasons I will suffer tantrums that I shouldn’t. I’m sure we’ve got a lot of clever supporters who know cynical methods that can be employed without having to effectively trample on our kids potential support.

The problem is that I think the vast percentage of supporters have resigned themselves to what has happened to the club and know that protests will be snuffed out by Sullivan’s henchmen.

A lot of the press are WHU supporters but rather than exploit the charlatans for what they are, they’d rather have their exclusives and their “cheeseboard” than criticise. Every time a journo says anything or highlights anything untoward at the club, another paper jumps in and quickly diverts the issues to Bilic again.

There’s no way out I’m afraid. They’ll be here until they decide to leave not a day before.
wobble
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by wobble »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:I agree the powers that be have gotten away with liberties for a long while, and the more they can divide the fanbase the more they will take. We have been reacting to them all the time the best way for us would be proactive not reactive, we need to drip feed stories to the press and radio and tv everyday just keep piling it on.
Sooner or later the press will react, if enough people complain, send them personal stories then that's good,
:thup:

It’s about time we turned the heat up on these ****ers, not just booing at games; let’s have some banners up, with a bit of imagination we could easily get them in the ground.
Get some stories in the press and Social media, fun and games during the game, can’t someone hack into the big screens, plane by pass with a banner.

How about a banner outside Sullivan house, just like the Big Sam out one, I still think that was done by them and a photo sent to the press.
As we saw when the Sporting directors called them out, they don’t like it up em.
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

wobble wrote:
How about a banner outside Sullivan house, just like the Big Sam out one, I still think that was done by them and a photo sent to the press.
As we saw when the Sporting directors called them out, they don’t like it up em.
I also think the Big Sam Out banner was done by them !
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2894 likes
Total likes: 619 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Miles Standish Proud wrote:That 95 per cent comment is laughable but is a gift for any protest movement. Claret T-shirts with a blue '5%' on them anyone?
I can't help you with a t shirt but I've had 200 86% badges made as well as 200 ABGSB and 100 'The Team Not The Regime' scarves. Only 12 of the scarves left as of today.

'If 86% of West Ham fans voted for me to go I would go I don't want to be where I'm not wanted.' dg
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1071 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Unfortunately guys these ****ers have us all by the short and curlies. They just don't give a f***.

Let me paint a picture - there will always be 25 odd thousand turning up.
They already have our season ticket money
They own the club, no bank debt
They get 7 pc for a cast iron repayment every year from sky money
they control the club

There is no way fan power will do anything these days against these clowns.

Run a football club .. they couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2894 likes
Total likes: 619 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Just because you can't do everything doesn't mean you shouldn't do something.
Our owners and their mouthpiece get an easy ride every game, no protests, nothing. If and when people start giving them grief then there is a chance of wider audience with the press. Without any protesting voices you will get Sullivan spouting his nonsense on Sky without any questions.