Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by goa127 »

Talk of 'forgiveness' is nonsense. If people feel GSB have irreparably damaged the club, signing a few good players won't change that. For me I don't care if they make money from owning the club as long as the club benefits AS WELL. If West Ham Limited (or whatever they're called) make a good profit and that earns them money as well it can only be a good thing long term. It's when the club makes a loss and they still make mi££ions I object. The owners are not the club, Unfortunately damaging the owners usually damages the club, whatever happens they'll not lose. Will they sell eventually? who knows. Perhaps they've realised a successful club will sell easier and for more than a basket case (see Aston Villa)
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

jaybs wrote:They saved us which I will always be grateful for,
Yes they did by keeping us a float and raking in the interest. Anyone rich could have done that. They have now been found out by the supporters and the media and have to show a positive move towards the squad and the stadium or they are going to be screwed.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

jaybs wrote:They saved us which I will always be grateful for, but then they sold us out, putting themselves first above Our Club, only one thing comes first with the two of them, their personal ego's and Money, Money, Money! Still feel they will sell out if the right offer comes, but who Big wants a club who rents a ground, I will not call it a stadium!

They did not 'save' us in any way shape or form. They 'killed' West Ham United and tried to replace with a clone. We were never going to go under, no matter what.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

jaybs wrote:They saved us
administration would have been much much better than this cancer.

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:I posed this question on the summer transfer thread where it was not the right place

There are lots of posters who have said they will never forgive the owners for the lies/ spin that was spouted during the stadium move

However, if 5 or 10 years down the line, there has been investment and we are regularly in the top 6, would the stuff they said still be classified as lies?

I do not believe for one minute that we will be in that situation, more of a hypothetical question...

what they do from now on has nothing to do with anything.
they did lie. even if they try to make up for it, it wouldn't change that fact.

i'm more and more convinced they did not invest in the last two january windows at the Boleyn because we could have achieved "champions league football" without the move, which would have been awkward for them.
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

There should never be forgiveness.

Just atonement and indifference.
Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

jaybs wrote:They saved us which I will always be grateful for.......
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

Those saying that even if we win a title they won't forgive Gold & Sullivan... surely they would have then delivered upon what they promised to us?

Or is it that they're awful because they didnt win the league for us fast enough?
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

You really don’t get it do you Joe?
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

They didn’t save us, they saw a massive financial opportunity and grabbed it, we may have gone into administration but we would have been ok and would probably still own our ground.,

Joe I’d be happy with yo-yoing between the top two leagues every couple of years rather than having these c**** here, lies, mistruths, division, theft, mismanagement- scum
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Would it have even been possible for us to go into administration whilst owned by the bank?
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1521 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

I think it’s important to remember than in the world of football club ownership, it’s a pretty murky pool, full of criminals and people that would happily sell their nan’s for a quick win.

An even in that world, given all that we know, these three are still at the pinnacle of inadequacy and general buffoonery. Their unique mixture of deviousness, selfishness and incompetence astounds me every single day.

They could win the World Cup, Eurovision and Junior Kickstart for all I care, I would still happily put my cigarette out on their rubber dinghy.

They literally blew up our home. They ****ing blew it up. Then they moved us into a shitty rental.

c****.
Suffolk Iron
Has liked: 128 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Suffolk Iron »

Turns to Stone wrote: These three are still at the pinnacle of inadequacy and general buffoonery. Their unique mixture of deviousness, selfishness and incompetence astounds me every single day.

They could win the World Cup, Eurovision and Junior Kickstart for all I care, I would still happily put my cigarette out on their rubber dinghy.

They literally blew up our home. They ****ing blew it up. Then they moved us into a shitty rental.

This 100%
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

jaybs wrote:They saved us which I will always be grateful for,
Sick to my back teeth of that fallacy. They did not ****ing save us.

No more than when a pimp “saves” a girl from the streets. Only a matter of time before she’s ****ing ten times a day and giving 90% of her earnings to him (plus the 7% interest).

Plenty of other people could’ve done a better job and we’d still have our stadium and probably not have been relegated.
Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by Diogenes »

I think some are going up blind alleys. For me, forgiveness is irrelevant. If they invest properly and support the managers (whoever they are) in the market and thereafter and that improves the quality of our football and match day experience, that is the very least they should be doing.

They are not going anywhere for the foreseeable future, so positive input, in the meantime from them, is fine by me and welcomed, but that is miles different from saying all is forgotten or ok.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

goa127 wrote:Talk of 'forgiveness' is nonsense. If people feel GSB have irreparably damaged the club, signing a few good players won't change that.
Only time will tell if they have signed good players or not.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1991 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

the players could all be a Payet, Arnie or Lanzini..Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi could rock up here and I still wouldn't forgive them..
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

Turns to Stone wrote:I think it’s important to remember than in the world of football club ownership, it’s a pretty murky pool, full of criminals and people that would happily sell their nan’s for a quick win.
An even in that world, given all that we know, these three are still at the pinnacle of inadequacy and general buffoonery. Their unique mixture of deviousness, selfishness and incompetence astounds me every single day.
They literally blew up our home. They ****ing blew it up. Then they moved us into a shitty rental. *****.
:thup: Quality post, TtS.
Graza

Post by Graza »

jaybs wrote:They saved us
I would dispute that. They stopped us going into administration, meaning no 10 point deduction and no relegation that year. Instead they cheaped out in the transfer market, put Grant in charge, undermined him and the team in and through the press and we went down a year later. What did they save us from? Having a restructured debt? Having incompetent non football people from a bank sell our best players and not invest properly leading to relegation (sounds familiar)? What exactly did they save us from?
Crouchend_Hammer wrote:I posed this question on the summer transfer thread where it was not the right place

There are lots of posters who have said they will never forgive the owners for the lies/ spin that was spouted during the stadium move

However, if 5 or 10 years down the line, there has been investment and we are regularly in the top 6, would the stuff they said still be classified as lies?

I do not believe for one minute that we will be in that situation, more of a hypothetical question...
Short answer yes they are still classified as lies, and provably lies. The stadium will still be the wrong shape. The views will still be awful. It will still be classified by pretty much everyone as the worst stadium in the league (whatever league we are on). So yes everything they said about the stadium will still be a lie. The only way to fix that would be to effectively build a new stadium inside the existing frame one stand at a time. The owners of the stadium aren't going to drop another half a billion on doing that so unless they buy the stadium then do that themselves (is that a flying pig I see out my window?) Then they will always be the purveyors of porkies.

All the guff and hype about the team could be somewhat nullified by a consistent investment in the team for the next 5/6 years. But it wouldn't take away the fact that they lied heavily about the kind of players they would buy and football that would be played at the toilet bowl initially. Nor the fact that even if they do end up getting most of our big targets this window we will just be where we should have been the first season in the bowl if they were in fact telling the truth about their ambition. I don't believe for one minute the plan at Sully's emporium of tasteless bejeweled Panthers is to actually do all the business we have on the table now, much less to do the same next year and for many years besides. If they do there would be many willing to accept that it's not all been bad, but it doesn't erase the lies, and lies they absolutely are and were.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

^^ Graza :thup:

All that they can ever do is put sticking plasters on the wounds. They will never eradicate the scars.
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 398 likes
Total likes: 226 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Turns to stone......spot on mate :crest: