Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by S-H »

Did anybody else hear the rest of his show yesterday, they had the new Sunderland owner on who confirmed they were signing contracts with their new manager that morning, White being desperate for the exclusive was literally begging the bloke to reveal who the new manager was, it was embarrassing, and he just wouldn't let it go, and kept coming back to it, despite the owner uncomfortably and politely dodging the question.

The guy is a grade a ****
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

Hammer.CA wrote: Cruella said that no approach had been made to buy the club and yet 1 of the axis of evil said they'd turned down a bid of £650 million, they couldn't lie straight in bed.
I cannot mention specifics but the club was looked at two years ago by a potential buyer “with the means...” but never got past them doing a high level DD. I don’t know whether that was price related or the DD flagged something up though.

Not heard anything since, but interesting that coincides with them strengthening the books rather than the team!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Wembley1966 wrote:I've been looking as well and can't find it - I do remember that the rate was reduced.
Referenced here:

http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... y#p5114993
Samba wrote:Wasn't someone (G or S) also quoted as saying that they charged interest because they HAD to legally charge interest?
From my 2013 interview with Sullivan: http://kumb.com/qa.php?id=41
DS wrote:it's not interest free - we're not allowed to...
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

If they have to charge interest for legal reasons, how is it then that apparently Tripp Smith, the American, loaned 10 million to the club interest free ? :think:
JustJoe85
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by JustJoe85 »

Just listened to the Talksport interview after 2 days of managing to stay strong and ignore that rubbish.

Now I shall have an afternoon of quiet seething from the sycophantic Jim White and the only lying when his lips move David Gold

Headbanger
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

HamburgHammer wrote:If they have to charge interest for legal reasons, how is it then that apparently Tripp Smith, the American, loaned 10 million to the club interest free ? :think:
They don't, DS was being 'economical with the truth'.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Post by davids cross »

Re: Gold interview.

It was just a massive broad brush of not very much. It was what I expected.

It's popcorn entertainment for mid morning.
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1071 likes

Post by pezza20 »

I found myself laughing at that interview... Jim White ****ing himself silly over Gold and trying to make the fans look like the culprits. Gold then told a lie, asked if he told lies, said he didn't .. which was another lie ...

Why they employ that bloke to do interviews I don't know - he's like the anti christ of Jeremy Paxton
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

davids cross wrote:Re: Gold interview.

It was just a massive broad brush of not very much. It was what I expected.

It's popcorn entertainment for mid morning.

nearly as bad as the phoenix fm epic a few months ago
stevieboy
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by stevieboy »

Much maligned Newcastle 'cockney mafia' owner loans another £15m to the club, interest free of course, to make a total of £144m loaned to the club. All interest free.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44223584

Meanwhile Sully and Gold make it sound we should be grateful they've reduced interest to 4% and/or are not allowed to loan interest free. B****ks.
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 262 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

Soooo, you ask a liar whether they've ever lied.....and they respond....erm, maybe....with a lie?
Nice work Jimbo you absolute tw*t of an arselicker. Call yourself a Journo you pathetic jolly-hunting creep.

For someone who said he didn't want to mention 'The Next Level' I thought old Uncle Albert also did a fantastic job of constantly repeating they were aiming for.....'The Next Level'.

Cringeworthy stuff for sure as a supporter, but I'll admit it did have me laughing out loud in several places.
BillUp
Location: If God wanted us to play football in the clouds, he would have put grass there. Brian Clough.
Has liked: 1 like

Post by BillUp »

They charge interest on the loans because they borrowed that money in the first place .They have never put a penny of their own money into West Ham.All borrowed and leveraged.
I'm only echoing what was said in the interview. I have my own views behind what actually happened, but I'll be keeping them to myself. :D
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

ludo22 wrote:
They charge interest on the loans because they borrowed that money in the first place .They have never put a penny of their own money into West Ham.All borrowed and leveraged.
I've always wondered about leveraged deals. Find a business that makes a good profit for years and get it funded by the back and just let the business pay off the debt while taking a wage out of the place? The whole thing about needing assess in case it all goes pete tong is just there to stop those at the bottom from doing it. The Glazers did it at Man Utd, all leveraged, and then gave themselves millions in interest free loans. How the other half live eh?
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

Gold has started to blame the injury situation again recently....

He does it every year.

Let me tell you something Mr Gold.

Any injuries actually helped us in many respects. Because those injured were either to incredibly out of form players or players offering nothing. It was the changes that actually helped to form some sort of cohesion from time to time in the season.

So to a few of the injuries.

Obiang (I've always respected his game).........He could barely find another claret/blue shirt at times. He had a very poor season. And badly needed a rest at times.....he was shot.

Antonio (Who I like too).......He's not been the same player since the Europa League nonsene a while back. Shot to peices with his goalscoring nack missing. And Arnatovic ended up doing the pacey power forward on his own. The defining moment of the season.

Reid (who has been our best defender for a few years)......Well, he hasn;t been playing like that for ages. He's way below his best. Rice instead of him was no loss at all.......it was better.

And Andy Carroll is Andy Carroll......and any complaints about his fitness lies right at your door as it's been going on season afer season and you should have reacted to the bleedin obvious that he would get injured

The big miss was propably the spitting miss for Masuaku.

And in general the injuries helped us to claim some sort of consistency of team selection. And a change of emphasis about how we played., because we had to.

So to claim injury as a nuisance and a reason for such a dissapointing season was wrong. I really believe it would have been worse without the injuries .

Because it took out good and experienced players.............who were nowhere near that standard of play when their injuries occurred.....They were out there struggling along performing miserably.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

I've got something to add, "how about investing some money dealing with our third rate training facilities that may well be leading to our constant injury issues, instead of fleecing the club every year and taking money away from it you leeching ****!"?
Upton Carp
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Upton Carp »

They don't, DS was being 'economical with the truth'.
He lied in other words...no need to mince words.

Jim White should be arrested for theft. He is stealing a living from Sky and should be locked up...as should the old fart who sits in the boardroom.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Upton Carp wrote:He lied in other words...no need to mince words.
I get paid to "mince words"...
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

Sell Lanzini for £75m. (a stretch I know but go with it)

Buy his direct replacement for £30m

Buy the extra four players for a combined £45m

Then they will claim

!) We spent 75m
2) We broke our transfer record.
3) We spent more in this window than any other.

All true..............but missing the most important question/answer. One that will define this window with many of us.

It may not be Lanzini....it may be a combination of players that leave.........it may not be those figures.

But this is how they work and this is how they claim success or records are beat or met
Upton Carp
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Upton Carp »

I get paid to mince words.
Fair enough...Just let me know when you require then to be 'un-minced'
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

Iron-on-transfer wrote: Cringeworthy stuff for sure as a supporter, but I'll admit it did have me laughing out loud in several places.
Oddly I yelled out “f*** off you ****” at the radio several times during that abortion of an ‘interview’.