Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Happyhammer52
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Happyhammer52 »

jacko wrote:Who cares what David Golds daughters think?
Well if they have no interest in taking over their fathers shares, you would assume Mr Sullivan would buy some more. So I most definitely care about their plan if he dies whilst still having some clout.
Heysel76
Has liked: 215 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

jacko wrote:Who cares what David Golds daughters think? What relevance is that? Does anyone think they are going to solve our problems?
Because they are likely to inherit his shareholding!
ludo22
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 133 likes

Post by ludo22 »

jacko wrote:Who cares what David Golds daughters think? What relevance is that? Does anyone think they are going to solve our problems?
It's called "curiosity".You should try it.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

My wife cares..

:D
aaronhammer
Has liked: 176 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Well 13.45% of West Ham United's shares are owned by Gold Group International Limited, of which Jacqueline Gold and Vanessa Gold are directors alongside David Gold (who has 21.65% individually, so I guess they already have an interest in the club. Whether they'd want that interest once David Gold passes away is another question.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

The only ways to deal with a bully is to bully them back.

Only way they are going now before they can cash in without any penalty in 5 years. Their lives need to be made miserable. Burnley match proved that.
Hamburger
Has liked: 864 likes
Total likes: 447 likes

Post by Hamburger »

Kieran McGuire professor of finance & football Liverpool Uni :

“They want to be seen as local lads who rescued the club when the reality is they’re pretty smart businessmen who have done well to the club to an extent but they made a lot of money out of it themselves. It is now a case of reaching some form of compromise between all of the stakeholders; the most equitable solution would be for somebody to come and buy the club and start with a clean slate.“

The article also comments on fans willing to sacrifice themselves to lifetime bans and the team playing behind closed doors just to get the message through to the board.

Until GSB acknowledge their culpability and make quick substantial reparations, protests are likely to continue.
Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

GaryP wrote:The only ways to deal with a bully is to bully them back.

Only way they are going now before they can cash in without any penalty in 5 years. Their lives need to be made miserable. Burnley match proved that.
I think that is all that is left for us Gary. Whilst they have paid lip service to meetings, they still don’t accept enough blame for the state of the team or for the protests or take positive actions. They have made our lives miserable and intend to continue, so we have no option but to retaliate. Do they expect us to to roll over?!? Do they think handing out over the top punishment to passionate supporters is going to cow us into submission?!? The only advice I can offer the board in reply is :-

Brace yourselves.......
Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Hamburger wrote:Whilst they have paid lip service to meetings, they still don’t accept enough blame for the state of the team or for the protests or take positive actions. They have made our lives miserable and intend to continue, so we have no option but to retaliate. Do they expect us to to roll over?!? Do they think handing out over the top punishment to passionate supporters is going to cow us into submission?!? The only advice I can offer the board in reply is :-

Brace yourselves.......
It's been said more than once: look at what they do, not what they say. A lot of people may see their actions, far from being an offer of a "truce", as tantamount to a declaration of war...
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Nothing much has changed since this was published in 2011

West Ham will struggle unless David Sullivan and David Gold learn from their mistakes, says Tony Cottee
What a week at West Ham. What a season, in fact. Like all fans of the club, I have grown used to West Ham being a bit of a soap opera but the events of the past few days have made Albert Square resemble an oasis of calm.

2009 While at Brum

Earlier, as McLeish and Gold were interviewed live on radio, I saw Blues managing director Karren Brady blow kisses in their direction. It was a show of unity and celebration - but it was Brady who used her column in a national newspaper to direct harsh words at McLeish during the course of the season.

There are pages and pages of this ****

Nothing has or will change (alas the move) with those in charge, same old **** year after year whether they are
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2894 likes
Total likes: 617 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Pop Robson wrote:
Nothing has or will change (alas the move) with those in charge, same old **** year after year whether they are
Sullivan is 69, Gold is 81 (despite what he says) how many people once they get to that age change the habits of a lifetime? This pair don't need to change their m o, it's served them well for years. There is nothing in it for them to need to change.
Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Galatasaray’s Garry Rodriguez valued at over €20m, apparently we’ve offered €12m.

Same old, same old. Change of transfer policy? More lies.
Kialos
Has liked: 1545 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Seeing as both are highly competent and proven entrepreneurs I would say they would be quite capable of solving many of the problems at the club. Unfortunately they are unlikely to want to get involved, especially when having to deal with Sullivan and his offspring.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

A part of me would like the Gold birds to take over and do a decent job so to show her royal highness up.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Colours never run wrote:A part of me would like the Gold birds to take over and do a decent job so to show her royal highness up.
Had this thought previously, but come to the conclusion want both families out the club ASAP.
Miles Standish Proud
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by Miles Standish Proud »

Good West Ham mate of mine was at a function with Jacqueline Gold fairly recently. They got talking and my mate mentioned he was a fan.
He arrived at work a day or so after and there was a gift waiting for him. It was a West Ham something or other sent over by Ms Gold.
Not saying she is the answer to our prayers but she seems a cut above her old man and his associates.
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Hamburger wrote:.
Galatasaray’s Garry Rodriguez valued at over €20m, apparently we’ve offered €12m.

Same old, same old. Change of transfer policy? More lies.
And who's target is he, given that we're changing transfer policy? I can't imagine it being Moyes since his contract is up in the summer and we don't know where we'll be.
WebmasterFF
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by WebmasterFF »

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/spor ... -gvm67657k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not seen this reported yet however it turns out that on buying the club in 2010 Sullivan converted £2m worth of shares, sold them as deferred shares back for £1 and recorded it as a loss for one of his companies, giving that company a £700k tax break. HMRC have ordered him to pay it back.

If ever proof was needed about their true intent from the start....
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 777 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

would i get banned again for calling him a criminal now it's all there in writing?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Just when you think it couldn't get any worse, bang! There it is with yet another mushroom cloud full of cluster fuckery.