Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammerdivone

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by hammerdivone »

Fair enough Bristol and I agree for the integrity of the site it should remain that way.

There is a difference though between Board 'sympathisers', Board 'plants' and those who don't consider every single decision to be a way of stitching up fans, lining their pockets etc.

Part of the problem is that if anyone says something remotely supportive of a decision made, they are vilified, because it doesn't conform to the anti G&S stance and get accused of being a stooge, a plant, naive or unable to see deceit. It's not particularly conducive to good discussion. I do appreciate however that that is very difficult to moderate.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

At least the stooges are being paid to act the way they do.

It's those that are comfortable with the way things are because they are sat in the comfy seats that get on my nerves.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Have the board made any decisions that should be applauded?
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

And that kind of proves what I was saying.
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

hammerdivone wrote:Fair enough Bristol and I agree for the integrity of the site it should remain that way.

There is a difference though between Board 'sympathisers', Board 'plants' and those who don't consider every single decision to be a way of stitching up fans, lining their pockets etc.

Part of the problem is that if anyone says something remotely supportive of a decision made, they are vilified, because it doesn't conform to the anti G&S stance and get accused of being a stooge, a plant, naive or unable to see deceit. It's not particularly conducive to good discussion. I do appreciate however that that is very difficult to moderate.
Splitter :wink:
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

hammerdivone wrote:There is a difference though between Board 'sympathisers', Board 'plants' and those who don't consider every single decision to be a way of stitching up fans, lining their pockets etc.
There is a difference HD1. There are a few on here who I rarely agree with but whose integrity I don't doubt for a minute. But there are clearly a few on here who are clearly plants. They're not saying it because they believe it - they're saying it because there's something in it for them - a pay packet, access, info, ect. They deserve both barrels. I think it would put a few out of their misery as it can't be easy spinning the same old crap with less and less people swallowing it.

I actually like that there are plants by the way. It shows the pressure is on. Its also a great back handed compliment to the importance of the finest West Ham site. :kumb:
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

If they make some shrewd signings this January they will get me back on side. It will show a break in their usual behaviour and some intent that they do want to make the club successful. That said, I'm fully prepared for a couple of uninspiring useless loans and more the of the same.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I actually think it proves what I was saying.

I think the reason to act that way is because it must be hard to have wanted to sit in the plush seats and then make it there when it's all a bit crap. Rather than own up to it being that way some people will just ignore the reality and kid themselves that things are more or less what they wanted.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Would anybody else have an idea whether other clubs utilise plants like GSB do? I find it extraordinary in so many ways. It is disgusting, insulting, dishonest, crazy, amateurish, classless etc, etc.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

who do people think is more unpopular , Terry Brown or the dildo ensemble ?
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

They do lie, and that really annoys me but for the most part I don't think their intentions are malicious, just grossly incompetent. I don't think I'd have a problem with them remaining owners if they hired somebody competent to run the club and took a step back (a la Levy and Lewis).
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

hammerdivone wrote:And that kind of proves what I was saying.
Seriously though, have they made a single solitary good decision?
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

Georgee Paris wrote: "hammerdivone" And that kind of proves what I was saying.

i think its a fair question.
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

EastBrisHammer wrote:If they make some shrewd signings this January they will get me back on side. It will show a break in their usual behaviour and some intent that they do want to make the club successful. That said, I'm fully prepared for a couple of uninspiring useless loans and more the of the same.
Honest question (not looking to dig you out), but is that all it would take to get you back on side?
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

="taffhammer"]
Georgee Paris wrote: "hammerdivone" And that kind of proves what I was saying.

i think its a fair question. im struggling to come up with 1 good decision , check back in a couple of hours
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Georgee Paris wrote:Seriously though, have they made a single solitary good decision?
Georgee - it's not always about it being a good decision, it can also be about making the right decision.

It is also often subjective whether it is good, bad or right, but when you get accused (abused) of being a plant, a stooge, a twat etc. because you happen to agree or think it's right it puts people off even starting a discussion. What you end up with is a thread full of moaning and outrage.

If I suggested one thing that I thought they may have got right, I would guarantee at least 90% of the replies would be telling me why I'm wrong or what people think of me, hence why I will not answer directly your question. I have neither the time or the energy to enter into that sort of discussion again.

It doesn't make me a supporter of the Board, it just means I don't think everything they do or say is about lining their pockets, stitching us up, or maximising the return when they sell etc.
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

They really have put as little effort as possible to make the match day experience as West Ham as it could be. Just the walk to the stadium and the vast emptiness of nothing but a few stewards tells you all you need to know about how much they care about the club. If thats whats visable and could be used as a great pr exercise in fan relations what little effort goes on behind the scenes ?
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

hammerdivone wrote: If I suggested one thing that I thought they may have got right, I would guarantee at least 90% of the replies would be telling me why I'm wrong or what people think of me,
Just to prove your not just palming off the question, tell us one thing and we'll promise not to reply.
Loftyhammer
Has liked: 2191 likes
Total likes: 167 likes

Post by Loftyhammer »

Georgee Paris wrote:
As a single decision in isolation you could argue that appointing Sam when they did was a good decision.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

taffhammer wrote:Just to prove your not just palming off the question, tell us one thing and we'll promise not to reply.
:D