Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1976 likes
Total likes: 1657 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

uph

:thup: :thup: :thup:
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 891 likes

Post by Samba »

:lol: Bravo, uph. Great work, mate.
One Peter Butler
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by One Peter Butler »

9 years today.

Where has the time gone?

Has the new manager and spending spree earned them some forgiveness?

Are they taking us towards better days now?

I still just can’t bring myself to trust them in any way.
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

It will take a lot more than one good managerial appointment and one window of appropriate spending, prompted by fear of Burnley MKII I'm afraid.

There is no way back for them as far as I am concerned. The best they can do is elevate themselves to the level of ordinary. That's not good enough for our great club.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Pair of c**** for a string of offences all well documented by many. However they have finally delivered on what they promised since the end of last season though. Far too little too late and unforgivable moving us, but for face value they've done very well in the summer. Pellegrini being the stand out bit of business of all. You get what you pay for and he's worth every sodding penny!
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

Grant
Allardyce
Bilic
Moyes
Pellegrini

To be fair, Grant aside they've all been strong appointments IMO. I know they polarized opinions but I feel both Moyes & Allardyce were necessary evils (Moyes to keep us up until Pellegrini came in, & Allardyce to clear out deadwood and build foundations) and Bilic & Pellegrini has been very popular managers..
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

gold and Sullivan will be remembered as the shysters who destroyed the soul of WHU
sold our home for a rented toilet bowl

as other fans sing to us we aint west ham anymore.

worst ground in the premier league
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

hammerman11 wrote:gold and Sullivan will be remembered as the shysters who destroyed the soul of WHU
sold our home for a rented toilet bowl

as other fans sing to us we aint west ham anymore.

worst ground in the premier league
b*llocks, place was rocking for Arsenal. We are West Ham, but things have changed. I don't support the board but do accept things move on. Now selhurst park, that's a **** hole and I doubt Anderson would have considered joining them. It's 2019 not 1985.

I'm now more of the mindset now of how can we improve on issues for future generations rather then moaning about how good things used to be and putting new supporters off.

Your comments are as helpful as an Arnie transfer request. I don't give a **** what other fans sing
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

No one is saying things mustn't change. This club and football is nothing like it was when I first started going and that is decades before these shysters slithered in.

I wan't the club to move forward and progress but not with people in charge who only see our club as a vehicle to massage their egos and who refuse to do anything for either fans or club unless it is paid for by someone else.

I wouldn't mind the greed so much if it was actually the reward for excellence, it's not though.
goa127
Has liked: 450 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Unfortunately most rewards are not for excellence, mainly because it's the greedy ones who organise the rewards! I hate people talking about forgiveness or suchlike because it's an emotive red herring. What has happened in the recent past is a separate issue from the current situation. For those who feel betrayed by the board NOTHING will ever excuse it. In terms of current operations things generally are operating much better than they did previously. Pellegrini's appointment was great, Sullivan keeping out of things a bit, even better. Things going quite well so far (arnie situation notwithstanding) but that's a separate issue to past events, so lets not muddy the waters by trying to balance one off against the other. If we progressed to being a top 4 club it wouldn't help the people who hate the OS like it. They'd still feel their club had been stolen from them. Just for clarity I am happy at stratford so I'm not jumping on a bandwagon but a bit of success can't change genuine hatred of the board
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

this shows how poor our squad is. We really are a mickey mouse club. We simply don't compete for trophies and right now I can't see how this is ever going to change.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Back where they belong. On the first page and quite right too
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

jacko wrote:this shows how poor our squad is. We really are a mickey mouse club. We simply don't compete for trophies and right now I can't see how this is ever going to change.
Many clubs lose to on paper inferior opposition.

We are not entitled to win the cup...although today was really poor this is a huge overreaction.

We have the best overall squad we have had in quite some time.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Puff Daddy wrote:Back where they belong. On the first page and quite right too
Just a shame it takes a loss against Wimbledon to remind people what utter c**** they are.
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

Puff Daddy wrote:Back where they belong. On the first page and quite right too
Amen, 1 half decent transfer window shouldn't blinker peoples eyes to the complete cluster f8ck those 2 clowns and that charlatan self styled business woman have presided over.
Believer
Has liked: 1425 likes
Total likes: 761 likes

Post by Believer »

Lil Joe 17 wrote: this is a huge overreaction.

We have the best overall squad we have had in quite some time.
I don't think it's a huge overreaction. Had we lost by one goal, battered them, their GK played the best game of his career, been done over by VAR then yes I'd agree but they were in charge of this match for all of the first half. They effectively killed it with 40 odd minutes to go. I'm sorry but that is unacceptable. There was no passion on the pitch from our players. No goal mouth scrambles, no slamming in to tackles. Nothing. I have to question to their professionalism.

Best overall squad in some time. Yes but it's still poor. Our forward players are fantastic on the whole. Unfortunately Yarmalenko, Wilshere and Lanzini are injured which has clearly influenced our selections.

However that was our current available CHs out there last night, our 2nd choice LB, our 2nd choice RB and our back up keeper. They were all shocking (I'm excluding young Fredericks as he did ok when he came on 2nd half.).

As per usual, our lot are happy to spend on the glory positions but let the defence and midfield suffer. Yet again we are being linked with £40m forwards when our midfield was walked through again last night. Masuaku should have been shown the door after his spitting incident yet we've kept him and he was possibly the most petulant player on the pitch last night.

We need a massive clear out. Yes, MP appears to have spent well. He needs to be allowed to completely cull and transform this bunch of pathetic under achievers. I suffer players who aren't good enough. I don't suffe rplayers who don't try or give 100%.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Been thinking about them today. It must have been as horrific for them to read the journalists reports, quite rightly laying into us for that shambolic capitulation, for that is what that performance yesterday was, as it was for us. So, do you think they will happy to see their £100m squad investment net a return of a 14th or 15th place finish?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 755 likes
Total likes: 3487 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Puff Daddy wrote: So, do you think they will happy to see their £100m squad investment net a return of a 14th or 15th place finish?
I doubt it, but I'm sure they'll appreciate that half of it is based in the treatment room.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

i bet sullivan was laughing at every wimbledon's goal. ****