Gold and Sullivan ???

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Postby foxedup on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:14 pm

Corney Beal wrote:Agree with all your comments Hammer CA.

It should not be forgotten though that many of their fans have not been happy with the owners over the Ranieri sacking. The Puel appointment hugely unpopular, with many fans wanting him out now.

You wouldn't have found many people against the sacking from game going fans. Nobody wanted to have to sack him, but it had got to the point of relegation being a nigh on certainty if he'd stayed, the owner made the decision that he thought was for the best of the clubs long term future.

The owner had a vision to turn is into a top level team. The title win was amazing, but his goals remained the same, getting relegated wasn't an option with a £100m training complex and ground expansion on the table. He wanted more victories, he wasn't content with us going backwards.

To fans who don't care about our future it might have seemed callous, to those who've been going down for years and will continue to do so, the club comes first.
foxedup

Postby Corney Beal on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:34 pm

Maybe not the majority but still a fair chunk I would think. I remember a certain MOTD presenter being quite vocal in his opposition to the decision too.
Corney Beal

Postby EvilC on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:37 pm

Happyhammer52 wrote:As Somerset-Hammer mentioned, as the news first came out, I am certain more than a few had an idea go round their head. I know I did.

Same.
EvilC

Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...

Postby Kialos on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:39 am

And me
Kialos

Postby Samba on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:32 am

somerset-hammer wrote:I think we all know the answer to that.
I'm sure as the tragedy unfolded, a certain thought entered many peoples minds over the weekend.
But it's probably best we leave it there.

Say no more, nudge nudge, wink wink :wink:
Well said s-h. I think us KUMBERS have, in the main, been very restrained & respectful.
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby Georgee Paris on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:20 am

^^ I wrote and deleted a post suggesting it could inspire a movie plot, ( even a follow up to when the Boleyn got blown up by terrorists but in this movie the helicopter was sabotaged by disgruntled fans angry against the owner ) but didn’t feel it was appropriate then and don’t really think now.
Sorry if this has offended anyone - it was just a thought that I had and in no way do I think relevant to what tragically happened to the Leicester owners helicopter.
Georgee Paris

Postby Rowly on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:45 am

Happyhammer52 wrote:I doubt they give a **** what the general West Ham fan thinks about them.

As Somerset-Hammer mentioned, as the news first came out, I am certain more than a few had an idea go round their head. I know I did.

Yup.
Rowly

Postby Ozza on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:15 pm

We're not that lucky, were stuck with these leeching scumbags
Ozza

Postby Hummer_I_mean_Hammer on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:38 pm

Ozza wrote:We're not that lucky, were stuck with these leeching scumbags

Had something similar happened to G&S what would happen?

Who would be the beneficiaries and take overall control of the club?

TIA. :thup:
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Postby Mega Ron on Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:01 pm

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Mega Ron

Postby funky chicken on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:18 pm

- 3rd season at a 60,000 seater stadium and the 3rd consecutive season we are fighting relegation. Almost half way through the season and we have only won THREE League games.

- Still loads of injury problems, with nothing being done at the training ground apart from add more porta-cabins.

- Another poor transfer window where they left us far too short in certain positions. Thus effecting some of our League matches and us having to sacrifice our League Cup run as we were down to the bare bones.

- Still interfered with signing certain players that haven't looked good enough (Fredericks) so will once again have to look at a flaming rightback with Zabaleta likely to leave too.

- Still not quite enough money for Pellegrini to spend. He had to sign 32 year old Sanchez as his midfield signing for a puny £4m!! :P

- Not rewarding certain players with newly deserved contracts, which risk upsetting them and wanting to move: Rice & Arnie.

Thank god for Pellegrini for at least having some sort of plan in place to try and play good football and develop this team. As to say so far this has been another appalling season dished up by the worst owners in the Premeir League is an understatement.
Last edited by funky chicken on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funky chicken

Postby Puff Daddy on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:28 pm

Glad to see this thread is back in its rightful place on the front page :scarfer:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby Samba on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:33 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:Glad to see this thread is back in its rightful place on the front page :scarfer:

Yes Puff, I've missed it!
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby sicknote on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:06 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=159420&p=5048445&hilit=+Mickey#p5048445

As we probably have some bluenoses nipping over here for a read, that’s Mickey blue noses excellent post from back in the day
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Postby S-H on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:34 pm

Scary how accurate he was.
S-H

Postby goa127 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:57 pm

Sulli's in uncharted waters now a bit. He's gone through his well-practised routines up to now, but now the club's making a proper profit and he's got a proper manager (this is not a slight on previous managers, they didn't have much backing) what excuse will he have for not continuing to back Pellers with cash? Other than the similar bull**** I don't take too much notice of his time at Brum because they have always been a struggling club (except for when they unearthed T. Francis). Compared to them WHU have the pedigree of Real Madrid. I don't normally like to sneer at other clubs but that is the reality. Whether Sulli can raise his game to the' next level' remains to be seen
goa127

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:18 pm

He's always been a chancer and always will be. If Cardiff Council had agreed to CCFC moving to the Millennium Stadium and paying rent, his scarf would be blue and white instead of claret and blue. He's wedded to the business plan of rent not buy, and loan the club money at an interest rate of his choosing. Birmingham council saw through him, Cardiff saw through him, he couldn't believe his luck when east London had a huge white elephant which needed to be fed and watered.

Low rent spiv in past present and future.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby goa127 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:28 pm

Leopards don't change their spots. He is a dyed-in-the-wool chancer. I don't think anyone doubts that either here or elsewhere.
goa127

Postby warp on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:34 pm

christmas is coming, time for a present to us all...
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby Ozza on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:45 pm

He's never managed to even when he's had the chance to. Let's never forget he's in this for one reason and it isn't to turn us into a top 6 team regardless of all the guff that comes out of his mouth.

Hoping that he'll change is folly, they've got a set model they have run for years, why change it?
Ozza

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion