Pedro Obiang

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Pedro Obiang

Postby durham city hammer on Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:43 pm

I read somewhere the other day that Gerrard rates him massively so it wouldn't surprise me if there's something in the Liverpool rumour, regardless of that he's playing too well for him not to be getting the attention of the big boys, thing is with Obiang, given his age I don't think we've seen anything like what he's truly capable of ! Injuries permitting he's going to become a real top drawer player IMO!
durham city hammer

Postby TheHandOfDog on Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:59 pm

With Noble coming towards the end of his career, Obiang and Kouyate would be a formidable partnership. Add in Lanzini, Reid, Antonio, Carroll/New striker and a new goalie(Hart) would be my choice, then we would have a spine that can compete with any club outside the top 3 or so.
TheHandOfDog

Postby only1post on Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:33 pm

Noble coming towards the end of his career.

You do know he has a contract until 2021.
only1post

Postby Ozza on Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:36 pm

TheHandOfDog wrote:With Noble coming towards the end of his career, Obiang and Kouyate would be a formidable partnership. Add in Lanzini, Reid, Antonio, Carroll/New striker and a new goalie(Hart) would be my choice, then we would have a spine that can compete with any club outside the top 3 or so.

lol he's 29 not 33
Ozza

Postby Lostcoco on Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:12 pm

£89m and Liverpool can have him
Lostcoco

Postby westlondonhammer on Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:47 pm

Lostcoco wrote:£89m and Liverpool can have him

I love him but...

He's surely not that indispensable / irreplaceable yet is he?

Anything above 25 million will likely be accepted and added to the 40 million pot for the summer. With few other players in our squad who can attract a fee he'll be the obvious candidate if any truth to this rumour...if not the pot will be 40 mil while we spend the summer trying to flog fringe again and ultimately not fully strengthening as we hope because we're wasting time waiting for deals to happen and missing out on others.

We don't want to sell our best players... sometimes it is a necessary evil if invested properly to progress. Do we trust Bilic / the board to do that? We have to...or we stand still

It's the Tottenham business model...
westlondonhammer

Postby PrinceH on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:50 pm

Selling Obiang. Tottenham model?
Two awkward statements!
We could build a versatile midfield around this guy for years to come, and some wants him sold now??

We sold last years player of the year, and that had a reason.
So why should we this year. Obiang is still young and was our youngest player who started yesterday.
PrinceH

Postby SussexExile on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:10 pm

He plays with the composure and maturity of someone years older, not seen that since Carrick. I'd be gutted if we let him go.
SussexExile

Postby Czech Hammer on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:38 pm

Czech Hammer

Postby Paddy O'Hammer on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:56 pm

Czech Hammer wrote:Image

:scarfer:
Paddy O'Hammer

Postby Georgee Paris on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:02 pm

I think he's better than lanzini.
Georgee Paris

Postby Jumby on Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:19 am

He's better in his role than Lanzini is playing there, I rate Lanzini though.

We need to keep Pedro, we don't need to sell him and we wouldn't be able to replace him for cheaper than what we'd get for him, I mean we could, but we wouldn't.
Jumby

Postby miles on Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:16 am

He's like the best bits of Kouyate and Noble rolled into one player isn't he. Vote Pedro indeed.
miles
This site...

Postby kayahammer on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:06 am

TheHandOfDog wrote:With Noble coming towards the end of his career, Obiang and Kouyate would be a formidable partnership. Add in Lanzini, Reid, Antonio, Carroll/New striker and a new goalie(Hart) would be my choice, then we would have a spine that can compete with any club outside the top 3 or so.

:lol:
kayahammer

Postby YorksHammer on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:50 am

We have to keep him. No ifs, buts, or maybes. Him breaking up play alongside Noble's ball playing is perfect when on song.
YorksHammer

Postby k-r-c on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:09 pm

He also has a very good shot on him. Glad he finally managed to get one in the back of the net. Wouldn't surprise me to see him hit another in like that before the season is out.
k-r-c

Postby somerset-hammer on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:17 pm

k-r-c wrote:He also has a very good shot on him. Glad he finally managed to get one in the back of the net. Wouldn't surprise me to see him hit another in like that before the season is out.

He has hit some rockets, that have gone close this season, he has it in his locker that's for sure. fully expect him to add a couple more before the end of the season.
somerset-hammer

Postby Hayden on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:44 pm

It makes me laugh how so many on here were so quick to write him off and happy for us to sell. Shades of Winston Reid. Many of which are probably now praising him profusely. Fickle bunch.

Long may his great form continue.
Hayden

Postby Lil Joe 17 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:41 pm

Hayden wrote:It makes me laugh how so many on here were so quick to write him off and happy for us to sell. Shades of Winston Reid. Many of which are probably now praising him profusely. Fickle bunch.

Long may his great form continue.

I totally agree - I don't know if its just us or if it's modern football in general but we call an Italian international signing from Juventus who was then signed by Valencia horse **** etc.

Theres such a bad culture of slagging players off if they dont have immediate impact & it's been one of my pain points of recent times.
Lil Joe 17

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:45 pm

he comes from sunny spain
and he can plaaaay
he plays for west ham
ooooooh obi obi obiang obiang obiang
obi obi obiang pedro obiang
psychoscoredthelot

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion