Pedro Obiang

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Pedro Obiang

Postby Absolutely Hammered! on Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:53 pm

Good midfielder. same build as Viera. can be ponderous in posession at times but otherwise an excellent midfielder.
Absolutely Hammered!

Postby Aceface on Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:17 pm

Hayden wrote:It makes me laugh how so many on here were so quick to write him off and happy for us to sell. Shades of Winston Reid. Many of which are probably now praising him profusely. Fickle bunch.

Tbf, Bilic seemed to be one of them.

All these players like Obiang and Antonio being foisted on him by a clueless owner. Shouldn't stand for that.
Aceface

Postby Eastcoast on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:22 am

Another decent game from Mr Obiang. Apart from nearly getting sent off!!

Seems to find space in the middle of the park and got an eye for a pass. Also makes some crucial interceptions/tackles, you need someone like this to free up the Jewel for more attacking duties.

I'd be thinking about nailing this lad to a long term bigger contract, certainly in the summer. In for a shout as HOTY.
Eastcoast

Location: Sunrise Coast - totscum hotspur its happened again!

Postby westhamerica on Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:56 am

To be fair to Slaven, he did look a bit of a liability last season. Was ponderous on the ball when he played and has really adjusted to league this season. Been much better getting out of trouble. Some of the balls he sprayed today were top notch stuff.

I think his general style seems kind of wrong, if that makes any sense. He just looks visibily odd for a player with his level of technique. Everything he does seems very big and long, and when he puts on the breaks he looks like a big man trying to stay up on a tight rope.
westhamerica

Postby Lincolnhammer92 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:10 am

Him and Nobes are making a fantastic pair in the middle, with Lanzini in front. They have all the legs that Nobes lacks, and they're all fantastic at keeping the ball and spraying it around. Long may it continue.
Lincolnhammer92

Postby brooking1966 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:17 am

Liverpool sniffing around :thdn:

As for the above comment Lanzini & Obiang have the legs for Noble, please no,no,no. Kouyate with Obiang behind Manu, Noble a rotating sub otherwise he will become a redundant hindrance in the middle.

Cheik & Pedro, Cheik can physically compete, battle, & drive box to box.

Pedro can cover the back 4, break up play & link passes (Nobles job).

Lanzini can hover around in free CAM role getting on the ball as much as possible.

This is by far the best combo imho. Noble's very limited ability wise & therefore doesn't warrant being carried by the likes of others for running. For me we can counter better without him, ie) atm he's clogging up midfield space for passing lanes with both himself & his marker. I honestly don't see him being missed with Manu, Pedro, & Chiek in the middle of the park.

If he has to play, poss RB, otherwise rotated CM
brooking1966

Postby hammerman11 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:24 am

agree that kouyate should replace nobes now. next season nobes can have cup games and sub appearances.
time waits for no man.

midfield three of obiang kouyate and lanzine is what we need . fast technical and can tackle,even lanzini.

we would ideally have a fast forward running the channels nut with antonio we have support for carroll on the right and snod on the left who also gets stuck in

No way will scousers get him unless they bid 30m which they wont.

summer transfer activity will help keep our better players.

new RB new striker bare minimum requirements .
hammerman11

Postby Jumby on Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:15 pm

If someone offered 20m our board would accept it and say it's too good a deal to turn down considering what we paid for him and what other options we have there, enter Nordy :fsake:
Jumby

Postby DasNutNock on Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:39 pm

F*ck Liverpool.
DasNutNock

Postby the celestial insect on Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:06 pm

The question is, with the various rumours and interest around, how many of our first 11 can the board afford to replace?

(afford mainly in the sense of 'before the team disintegrates')
the celestial insect

Postby seaside hammer on Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:10 pm

Obiang for me has been player of the season so far because he fought his way into the team and now is probably one of the first names on the team sheet. It is no secret to regular fans who go that our recent good form hasn't just been down to Carroll, Lanzini and the attacking players but Obiang breaking up play and generally playing very well and just getting on with the job.

I don't quite get the Liverpool link to be honest as they have a flurry of midfielders. For me we must try and keep him 100% but you know what is like these days, every player has a price I just hope the board don't try and do a swap deal involving Sturridge can do without another sick note. I also don't really see Liverpool as a step up for him. I would genuinely be worried if Arsenal came in as they could do with a player of his quality just sitting deep.
seaside hammer

Postby Believer on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:03 pm

Jumby wrote:If someone offered 20m our board would accept it and say it's too good a deal to turn down considering what we paid for him and what other options we have there, enter Nordy :fsake:

I doubt they'd be that daft. Even if they did it after STs had sold out, they'd still feel a backlash. Trying to replace Obiang with Nortveidt would be one of the most backwards steps that they'd ever done. I don't care what Nortveidt achieved in Germany - he ain't done it here and hasn't looked like doing it either.

Maybe we should offer Liverpool him as him and Klopp might be a winning formula. £20m ought to do it !
Believer

Postby hammerman11 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:10 am

we will keep our good players if we show desire in the transfer window. clearly antonio,obiang and kouyate are happy at west ham but they will do what is right for them and their families in what is a short career.
a couple of years of stagnation is not what they want so if we sign a few good players in the summer which I think we will then they will stay if we sign similar to tore,callerei,ardebola and nordshite they will have second thoughts
hammerman11

Postby Lil Joe 17 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:40 am

Jumby wrote:If someone offered 20m our board would accept it and say it's too good a deal to turn down considering what we paid for him and what other options we have there, enter Nordy :fsake:

Based on what? On the contrary they've constantly said that they want to keep our best players.
Lil Joe 17

Postby Yea Why Not on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:48 am

Lil Joe 17 wrote:
Based on what? On the contrary they've constantly said that they want to keep our best players.

I'd guess it's based on absolutely nothing more than a hatred towards them. There's nothing to suggest they want to or are going to sell our best players. Payet aside (we all know what happened there), they literally haven't sold anyone of note who the manager wanted to keep
Yea Why Not

Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Postby Slacking student on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:50 am

Damm! The oracle that is J Sullivan has just tweeted out the following:

INJURY UPDATE -Obiang is out for the rest of the season

INJURY UPDATE- Reid scan later this week, but at least 4-6 weeks and might be longer

INJURY UPDATE - Antonio 3-4 weeks Hamstring, but as he's a superb athlete we hope it might be sooner

b*llocks
Slacking student

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:53 am

Thankfully we probably have just about enough points on the board to scrape safety and get this ***** season over and done with

Would like to see Nordveit come in and get a few games in his correct position
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby djclipz on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:54 am

:shock:
djclipz

Postby wizzo_66 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:55 am

I hope this forces a Noble and Fernandes pairing. Could be quite an exciting combination. Who'd have thunk it, two centre mids that can pass the ball....
wizzo_66

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion