✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 208 likes

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Is he even that fast anymore? It's a game over moment for me if he comes on. It just becomes the Antonio show. He must have had 20 shots from 25 yards plus now without coming close to scoring
swash
Has liked: 141 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by swash »

Liability - sell
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

He was pretty pony and has been for a while but he is fine as a squad player.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 526 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Should’ve got his head down and worked on being a right back for the last year or so like Bilic wanted. The minute Sullivan demanded he was played further forward on our website and gave him a **** load more money he turned ****.

Not having Payet put balls on his forehead hasn’t helped him.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 112 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Time to move him on. A Championship level player at best.
Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Post by Peaches »

Antonio has power and pace, but he has let his early success go to his head. He is not a clever or even remotely technically strong footballer. He may do well at another team, but he doesn’t fit with our new philosophy at all. He needs to go in January. By contrast, Snodgrass may have lost a step, but is technically strong and a very intelligent player, and is a a very good fit.
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

It's hard to believe this is the same player as the last season in the Boleyn, he seems to just get worse with every match. He can't run for more than 15 minutes anymore and his decision making is just shocking. Our lack of depth was really exposed tonight when we have to depend on players like that from the bench
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

he was so poor when he came on. slow and knackered after 5 minutes ! offered nothing.

Snodgrass should have come on before him or perez.

not sure where we go with him as I doubt anyone would buy him. like many of our squad players !
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I'm starting to think that the single use he provides is as back-up to Arnautovic.

He doesn't seem to have that combination of confidence and general ability to play a ball into the space into which a colleague is moving.

As such, he might show for the ball, but he rarely allows the flow of a move to continue, if he is involved in it.

I would however point out that he was introduced for Obiang, who has got a more fluid role in a unit of three midfielders. He wasn't 'like for like' in terms of replacement.

It might have been better for Snodgrass to come on first; he has more game intelligence.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

He seems totally broke.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

he has until January to improve or he will be sold
we have a few we could shift in the next window

Antonio 10m
Hernandez 10m
perez 2m
oxford 10m

would need to buy an energetic DM and a CF to cover arnie. may also need a LB if Arthur doesn't wake up !
aaronhammer
Has liked: 176 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

His race has been run, time to go. Not sure he fits for what Pellegrini needs/wants either.
Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Ted Fenton »

aaronhammer wrote:His race has been run, time to go. Not sure he fits for what Pellegrini needs/wants either.
Sad, but so true.
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

swash wrote:Liability - sell
Antonio has hardly played, against Chelsea he was outstanding, he needs a run of games and some consistency to get him back to his best. Get off his back!!
Hamburger
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by Hamburger »

Physically he looks completely different since he has come back from injury. Either he has put weight on or has done too much in the gym which has made him slower & less agile. Time is running out for him as a player not just for us. I hope he can find his mojo as he is a really nice bloke and the comments that it has gone to his head are unlikely, he’s just lost his speed and agility.
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

Hamburger wrote:.
Physically he looks completely different since he has come back from injury. Either he has put weight on or has done too much in the gym which has made him slower & less agile. Time is running out for him as a player not just for us. I hope he can find his mojo as he is a really nice bloke and the comments that it has gone to his head are unlikely, he’s just lost his speed and agility.
Playing time is like ring time to a boxer, a few starts and you would see the old Antonio.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1636 likes

Post by chalks »

Hamburger wrote:.
I hope he can find his mojo as he is a really nice bloke and the comments that it has gone to his head are unlikely, he’s just lost his speed and agility.
I was with him less than 10 days ago. Unless he’s had a huge personality transplant since then, I can guarantee you that the bloke is a grade A knob

No wonder he is now so unpopular with 99% of his colleagues
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

The ‘old Antonio’ got on that plane to Marseille with Payet.

4 goals in two years. He had a purple patch where he looked great, now we’re seeing the ‘real’ Antonio.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1981 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

I generally trust Pelligrini, but I really can't see why he persists with Antonio as an impact sub, unless it's to inject some comedy into a tense situation.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Not digging him out but watch this, I know he is joking a bit but he genuinely doesn't believe that he is slower

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As a sub, haven't got an issue with him as a roll of the dice, not good enough to start but to come off the bench, pace, power and strength against tired legs

Big problem is teams woke up to him, ie he got away with no-one knowing who he was
Payet could put a ball on a 1p