✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by Marky »

Hamburger wrote:.
Physically he looks completely different since he has come back from injury. Either he has put weight on or has done too much in the gym which has made him slower & less agile. Time is running out for him as a player not just for us. I hope he can find his mojo as he is a really nice bloke and the comments that it has gone to his head are unlikely, he’s just lost his speed and agility.

Agree about him physically. Saw him ‘close up’ and he is too big
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I thought subbing Yarmie who did not appear to be mentally right last night, seemed upset about something from the off and his body language, I thought stank, was the right thing to do, the stage was set for Antonio to do something different. Alas he didn't and by his introduction, the game was up. What was required was somebody with a cool head who would make quick decisions and do something a bit different to unlock Brighton',s tiring defence, but also we had no such options on the bench. Last night the stage was perfectly set for Lanzini
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Puff Daddy wrote:I thought subbing Yarmie who did not appear to be mentally right last night, seemed upset about something from the off and his body language...............................
He was heavily clattered early on, which seemed to alter the way he viewed things. It won't have gone unnoticed by the rest of the league.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

This bloke has exceeded his use by date. His lack of basic football skills is sticking out more and more as time goes by. Get rid. January if possible.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

I really can't remember the last time we would have been able to have said "he was excellent today". Seems ages ago. I would guess that Pellegrini's preference for technically more gifted players that saw Kouyate ditched will mean he's on borrowed time.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

what amazed me was that none of our lot could get past 38 year old Bruno !
if Antonio had a brain he would have targeted the fullback and skinned him with forgotten pace and skill. the old Antonio would have beaten the brighton defence, the current one couldn't be bothered and was knackered after 10 mins !

time to move him on to palace if we can or Newcastle 10m ?

could we do a carroll and Antonio double to the geordies for 15m ?

used to be one of my favorate players but just doesn't seem bothered nowadays. time to go.
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

chalks wrote:
I was with him less than 10 days ago. Unless he’s had a huge personality transplant since then, I can guarantee you that the bloke is a grade A knob

No wonder he is now so unpopular with 99% of his colleagues
A shame that, loved it when he burst onto the scene with us, seemed such a humble guy, nervous as hell speaking to the media.

That time the interviewer blew Klopps mind when telling him the guy who committed Klopps “foul” was the guy who scored down the other end.

Truth is, he was superb in the breakout (half) a season. - had a purple patch with his head in season two but never really come close unfortunately. - It seemed clear Slav didn’t really rate him but couldn’t drop him due to the goals. - if he got his head down and did as he was told he could of been our Victor Moses under Conte.

I’m not so sure there will be a queue forming of PL clubs when Pel swings the axe.

As I said, a real shame.
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

I reckon we could still get 15m for him from a Bouremouth or Burnley type team, or one of the promoted clubs/clubs pushing for promotion.

FWIW, other club's fans seem to rate him.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Croydon wrote:I reckon we could still get 15m for him from a Bouremouth or Burnley type team, or one of the promoted clubs/clubs pushing for promotion.

FWIW, other club's fans seem to rate him.
I think Palace. They could do with someone like him, the have nobody to play alongside Zaha
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

Puff Daddy wrote:[
I think Palace. They could do with someone like him, the have nobody to play alongside Zaha
You got me thinking - I wonder what happened to poor old Connor Wickham?
Apparently he's back in training! Still only 25.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by mushy »

hammerman11 wrote:what amazed me was that none of our lot could get past 38 year old Bruno !
Apart from Anderson who for a while in the second half was running past him at will.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

time to sell Antonio for whatever we can get for him. was once a 25-30m player now we will be lucky to get 10-15m. Bournemouth wont buy him as howe likes his players to go for the full 90 mins. Antonio is blowing after 10 !

can be part of another clearout either in January or summer 19 along with byran, carroll perez sanchez Hernandez and cresswell

we will need to bring in a few players at LB RB DM CF

the requirements must be young under 25, with pace and good injury record. ideally some English players

Bertrand or clyne would be good
lotfus cheek not getting game time at Chelsea so January would be a good time to enquire re loan at least or buy for 25m?
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

johnnyb wrote:This bloke has exceeded his use by date. His lack of basic football skills is sticking out more and more as time goes by. Get rid. January if possible.
I haven't seen a footballer with such a lack of basic football brain in years. Its astounding really. :thdn:
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

It's been a huge shame to witness his downfall, he was always quite raw, but his enthusiasm won us all over, and masked his deficiencies.

His early success, to which he owes all of it to Payet, obviously went to his head, once he lost that eagerness and refreshing likability, the flaws in his game and complete lack of footballing brain have risen to the surface, for all to see.
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by Marky »

I see this useless excuse of a footballer has popped up on the OS.

His ‘cameo’ against Brighton was the worst 30 minutes I have seen by a West Ham player this season. There is no reason for him to be involved over the weekend.

I accept no one intentionally plays as ***** as he does but Yokosuka cant convince me he gives 100%.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Do you think the money he has earned, compared to the little he was on for years, combined with the sudden popularity, has just gone to his head?
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Jumby wrote:Do you think the money he has earned, compared to the little he was on for years, combined with the sudden popularity, has just gone to his head?
I’m not worried about his off pitch persona - could be mother Theresa

He’s not done it for 2 years on the pitch
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

In my opinion the 'defining moment' was when he complained about playing at right back and Sullivan backed him over the manager. Now he thinks he's untouchable.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

to my mind a lot of the support had trouble swallowing that he really wasn't all that when he was moved back to his "rightful" position and continued to sing his praises rather than face the fact that maybe the manager was onto something by trying to get him to play a new role.

antonio going over the manager's head and having ultimatums made was the beginning of the end for slav, especially since it was done with the support's backing. became a case of inmates running the nut house.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

ON THE BENCH TODAY MAYBE UNLESS WE PICK DIAGANA WHO AT LEAST HAS THE HUNGER PACE AND SKILL

he was terrible against brighton and a few other games this season where he was falling over all the time. he is 28 now and getting worse. offload to palace in january for 10-15m

use tthe money in to get another striker in as we cant rely on carroll hernandez or perez as cover for arnie.