✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by hammer1975 »

Sell him to Palace,
But add some cash to have Zaha going the other way

Agree with the goals and stats pre and post Payet point
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Another player getting over the top levels of hate directed at him for no real apparent reason.

He's not been having much of an impact because he's largely been injured or returning from injury.
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

He's like most of our team: OK but, limited. Realistically, he's not one of those players who is going to take us to the next level, he doesn't have a great injury record and he's allegedly got a bit of an attitude problem. The latter is fine if you're a genuinely world-class player but, he isn't.

I think if Palace come up with a decent number we should take it. Maybe they'd take Carroll too!
Adam 'The Smudge'

Post by Adam 'The Smudge' »

Average player in an average team at an average club.
Who can we get?
The likes of Messi???
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Jumby wrote:Another player getting over the top levels of hate
Hate?

This place. Image
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Is he a good footballer, not amazing, is he effective reasonably with his height and pace and power. The big thing he had was when teams played four at the back he could bully the left back in the air, a lot of his headers came that way. Teams wised up to it and then teams playing 3-5-2, so three proper CB's nullified him even further.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I agree with almost nothing you've said on this site.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

The irony of selling him to Palace. :D

Their supporters can't say they weren't warned.

Sell.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

His goals in 2016

Cross back post beats Clynne
Cross beats number 43(god knows who) vs Watford
Cross back post volley, peels off the left back
Header near post from a corner beats Chadil
Goal header vs Everton
Goal header vs Man Utd, Valencia marking him
Goal header against Watford back post against full back
Goal header against Man City back post, beats the full back
Goal header again against Watford
Goal header against West Brom
Goal header again against Tottenham

The majority of his goals were headers(a lot against smaller full backs), teams got wise, 3 at the back became popular and we lost the world class delivery of Payet
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

It pains me to say it but I think we've seen peak Antonio. If we get a good offer we should take it. Who would replace him? I don't think we've seen peak Traore, and with Boro failing to get promoted he may be the best we can get, unless Sullivan's massive scouting network can whistle up the next Bale or Ronaldo from the Peruvian third division.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Payet definitely bought the best out of him.

But his ego has taken him backwards.
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 313 likes

Post by Centre Half »

Jumby wrote:Another player getting over the top levels of hate directed at him for no real apparent reason.

He's not been having much of an impact because he's largely been injured or returning from injury.
I think Antonio has got away with murder from large portions of the fan base and I'm glad he's finally been sussed out

Putting in lazy half hearted performances is reason enough for criticism in my book, like some under eleven it's all because he didn't get to play midfield

Sell.
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

we voted him hammer of the year last season,,blokes been injured for most of this season,,so now hes a lazy no good tosser,i ****ing despair reading some of this **** on here.
TootingRob

Post by TootingRob »

He's a Palace type of player and also comes from around that way, Palace would be his local club, makes sense IMO.[/quote]

No he's not, pretty sure he's from Wandsworth which is 5 minutes from Chelsea and Fulham.
He played for Tooting and Mitcham still in the main a Chelsea area.
When they did the end of season lap of disappointment, I'd almost forgotten about him. In a very short space of time he'd become one of my favourite players. I think he's been hung out to dry, played in too many positions, LWB, RWB, RM, LM, AM, CF. Unlucky with injuries. Yes he ****ed up royally at Palace, ok so he may have hit the big time quickly and it could have gone to his head.
I like him, he's got far more positives about him than negatives. If there's any problem with him behind the scenes it should be easy for a top manager to sort out, I saw him laughing and joking with a fair few players on Sunday doesn't sound like he doesn't fit in to me.
Comparisons between the bloke at Middlesbrough and Antonio don't make me laugh Antonio every day. If I was a defender coming up against an in form Antonio I'd be crapping myself.
In my opinion he can become a top top player and I'd rather it was for us than Palace.
Centre Half

Post by Centre Half »

Stumpy wrote:we voted him hammer of the year last season,,blokes been injured for most of this season,,so now hes a lazy no good tosser,i ****ing despair reading some of this **** on here.

How would you sum up his performances when asked to play at RB then over the last two seasons?

That of a team player? :eh:
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

why was he asked to play at right back..he was our best goal scorer at the time..but i would say he played where he was told and won hammer of the year so whats your point.
Centre Half

Post by Centre Half »

Stumpy wrote:why was he asked to play at right back..he was our best goal scorer at the time..but i would say he played where he was told and won hammer of the year so whats your point.
That's it blame Bilic, it's beside the point. The manager picks the team and you should give it your best shot wherever he wants to play you

Fact is he didn't and he shirked it. He's been living off a six month purple patch ever since
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

i have no words ,you talk utter ****.
traxop

Post by traxop »

fmgod wrote:His goals in 2016

Cross back post beats Clynne
Cross beats number 43(god knows who) vs Watford
Cross back post volley, peels off the left back
Header near post from a corner beats Chadil
Goal header vs Everton
Goal header vs Man Utd, Valencia marking him
Goal header against Watford back post against full back
Goal header against Man City back post, beats the full back
Goal header again against Watford
Goal header against West Brom
Goal header again against Tottenham

The majority of his goals were headers(a lot against smaller full backs), teams got wise, 3 at the back became popular and we lost the world class delivery of Payet

What I never got with Antonio is his non-factor when it came defending corners and set pieces given his aerial abilities. It is not uncommon for the likes of a Carroll, Chris Wood or Giroud to regularly be in the right positions to make 'that' defensive header and yet Antonio is always a non-factor and hardly ever leaps to contest when we are defending.
hessa
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by hessa »

I also talk utter *****, as I'm another who has failed to see little about him beyond the 2016 season. The one thing that he had was desire and graft and since he lost that he really hasn't got too much about his game. I'd sell him in a heartbeat. Not technically good, can't spot a pass and coudn't deliver one if he could.

Its all about opinions eh.