✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by Albie Beck »

hammerleroy wrote:……………..and that proves that rock/scissors/paper is far better than tossing a coin when AC is in the vicinity!!! :lol:
He'd drop the rock on his foot, stab himself with the scissors and get a paper cut.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

Well done today, that's more like the Antonio we know and love, glad Pellegrini is keeping faith.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1985 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

not sure what game you were watching mate..

2nd worst passing completion ahead only of Perez...57% top of the dispossessed charts....2....

and the chances he had to make good passes and cocked them up...

quite how he stayed n the field today I have no idea.....
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes

Post by Vienna »

The game where he was putting in more effort than most, although I thought most players gave the all, pace, power, chances, signs were really good.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Antonio played well today. He was by far the best of our attacking four.
He harried Delph quite a few times and set up a chance from that that Arnie should have buried. He used the ball well and it was only late in the second half when he started to run down blind alleys. He also stuck a pin point yleft foot cross on Arnie''s head. He should have scored second half but other than that thought he did very well.
He was getting a lot of support from where I sit in the east stand which was good to see
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Antonio played well today.
Agree with all that. He was very effective today and I think that Pellegrini may have done better to hook Arnie for Carroll rather than making the rather bizarre Perez for Anderson sub.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 207 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

I don't mind him being **** and the misplaced passes I can accept because he's not that good, but I can't do with shooting from 40 yards when he has better options. There was none of that today, which is a massive plus for me.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Definitely his best game for us for ages. Still surprised to see him start before Noble.
Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Post by Peaches »

I hope he continues to perform at this level, but only to attract buyers as he is not a long term fit for our system.
mightyhammer

Post by mightyhammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Antonio played well today. He was by far the best of our attacking four.
He harried Delph quite a few times and set up a chance from that that Arnie should have buried. He used the ball well and it was only late in the second half when he started to run down blind alleys. He also stuck a pin point yleft foot cross on Arnie''s head. He should have scored second half but other than that thought he did very well.
He was getting a lot of support from where I sit in the east stand which was good to see
This. How the f*** some others felt he should have been hooked is beyond me. Worked his nuts off and was far better than Arnie today. Some people need to get their heads sorted. I dont even like the guy, but the people slagging him off today aren't doing the same to certain others who had a terrible game.
The Straw
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 1422 likes

Post by The Straw »

Not a player our manager would ever sign for his team. Weird seeing him in a Pellegrini side. Suffered more than anyone since Payet left. He kept sticking it on his bonce at the back stick. Can't imagine MP would want to keep him beyond this season. Can't imagine he's worth much these days either as he's been found out a bit. He looks easy to play against. I like him though and think people have the wrong idea about him. Could see him somehow scoring 10 in 10 for a team like Palace and then going 25 games without a goal. Got to love players like that :)
Al Fisti
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

terrible player, please sell him in January
whitechapel hammer

Post by whitechapel hammer »

Until we invest more in the squad then Antonio is a pretty good squad option for us. He’s not great but he’s capable of causing opposing teams problems with pace and strength on his day. How much would we have to spend to find a decent squad option to replace him?

I think Pellegrini rates him, he’s used him over others when given the choice. Reckon he’ll be kept in January.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3173 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Played well, best game for a while.

Still wouldn't start him next week. He doesn't do enough that wins games, let down by whatever his final touch is, usually.
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 874 likes

Post by mushy »

Anyone heard news of a bust up between him and the rest of the team after last Saturday's match?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1985 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

mushy

you misheard it..

they got into a bus to upton park...

:D
Last edited by Cuenca 'ammer on Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brothernero
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 761 likes

Post by brothernero »

mushy wrote:Anyone heard news of a bust up between him and the rest of the team after last Saturday's match?

At first he was refusing to hit and any of his team-mates, but after a while he did take a swing for one of them but missed wildly.
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 370 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

brothernero wrote:At first he was refusing to hit and any of his team-mates, but after a while he did take a swing for one of them but missed wildly.
Did they all manage to evade him by running back towards their own goal?
goa127
Has liked: 451 likes

Post by goa127 »

Thought he did well tonight. His pace and power snuffed out a few early attempts at attack down his side, did well coming forward and scored. His use of the ball was much better than of late.
Roby
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 264 likes

Post by Roby »

Good to see him get his goal last night but he doesn't fit our style of play anymore.

He's pushing 29 and we've had a good few years out of him, most likely the best of his career.

If we can get £10-15m in January then we should sell him.