✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by Colours never run »

Stumpy wrote:we voted him hammer of the year last season,,blokes been injured for most of this season,,so now hes a lazy no good tosser,i ****ing despair reading some of this **** on here.

You and me both. I forgot he was voted Hammer of the Year only last season! :lol:

Now based on playing just half a season in and out of the side due to injury and a mid season managerial change, we should sell at the first opportunity.
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 469 likes

Post by DrVenk »

He's one of those 'on his day he can terrorise any defence' type of player.

Those days are too few and far between. I do question his mentality a little bit, but it's his injury record that has been the biggest hindrance - between March 2016 and August of this year, he will have spent a whole year injured.

Too injury prone, too inconsistent. Probably time for him to go.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1078 likes
Total likes: 1382 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

DrVenk wrote:but it's his injury record that has been the biggest hindrance - between March 2016 and August of this year, he will have spent a whole year injured.

Too injury proneo.
This is the crux of things for me

6 spells out in that time for Antonio

When fit... Antonio, Carroll, Collins, Reid, Byram...all add something others don't

The norm over the last 2 seasons however is all/a combination have been injured most of the time. This reduces the depth in our squad for normal injuries / suspensions. 25 becomes a squad of 20 so 2 of 3 injuries and kids are on the bench.

We should seriously consider bids for all 4 with contracts for that reason alone.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Stumpy wrote:why was he asked to play at right back..he was our best goal scorer at the time..but i would say he played where he was told and won hammer of the year so whats your point.
funnily enough he had his best goal return at RB/RWB. largely dried up once he sulked his way out of the position.

even his iconic goal against the scouse was every bit a wingback's goal, even if he wasn't playing the position at the time.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

he had a poor season with injury last season. prior to that he was fantastic for us and one of the first on the team sheet for me.

I hope we see a fully fit Iron Mic return next season and pick up from where he left off prior to injury.

with a decent manager in he will hopefully learn better positional sense and be used where he should be up front or on the wing. He is not a RB/LWB

Important season for him but one we keep and give him a chance.

reid carroll and byram have been injured for years compared to Antonio.

I would rather sell them than Antonio !
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 480 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

No way we will sell before the new manager gets a chance to run his rule over the team. Don’t think Antonio will leave.
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 313 likes

Post by Centre Half »

hammerman11 wrote:he had a poor season with injury last season. prior to that he was fantastic for us and one of the first on the team sheet for me.

I hope we see a fully fit Iron Mic return next season and pick up from where he left off prior to injury.

with a decent manager in he will hopefully learn better positional sense and be used where he should be up front or on the wing. He is not a RB/LWB

Reid, Carroll and Bryan have a bit of technical ability. Antonio does not

Lack of effort aside, he really is a terrible footballer. I hope I never have to watch him fail to make a simple ten yard pass again
hammer1975
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Isn’t he injured until beyond the window anyway?
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2682 likes
Total likes: 1780 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

the pink palermo wrote:The irony of selling him to Palace. :D

Their supporters can't say they weren't warned.

Sell.
Was thinking exactly the same thing .

' That cross ' will remain in the memory .
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

hammerman11 wrote:he had a poor season with injury last season. prior to that he was fantastic for us and one of the first on the team sheet for me.

I echo your sentiments entirely. We voted him HOTY a year ago, and he was ruthless the season before, too.

Based on that he deserves a second shot next season provided he can sort both his head and his injuries out. I don't think he's as technically inept as some make out (an uncouth playing style, certainly, but has got some real tricks in his locker). Was my favourite current player not so long ago.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1970 likes
Total likes: 1654 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Stevey

I think he was either everyone's favourite or at least up there...

then it all went horribly Peter Tong for whatever reason..the times last year he had players open in front of him (Chicharito on the occasions I remember) and he blazed away instead of playing the easy pass. And then after the Palace debacle, it seemed to me at least, he either has no football intelligence or was playing for himself. Or a combination of the two.
east_ham

Post by east_ham »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Stevey

I think he was either everyone's favourite or at least up there...

then it all went horribly Peter Tong for whatever reason..the times last year he had players open in front of him (Chicharito on the occasions I remember) and he blazed away instead of playing the easy pass. And then after the Palace debacle, it seemed to me at least, he either has no football intelligence or was playing for himself. Or a combination of the two.

I think he was playing to get away from BiIlic , but now with MP (?) he was reason to fight , and he has new contract from last year (for as much as thats worth).
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

I think he has been playing through injury / poor fitness and he has underperformed as a result.

I expect a much better showing next time out.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

a myth that he has no football ability.
if we are mad enough to sell him to palace then they need to demand at least the bolasie money as he is twice the player
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Ben wrote:a myth that he has no football ability.
if we are mad enough to sell him to palace then they need to demand at least the bolasie money as he is twice the player
100%
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 313 likes

Post by Centre Half »

Ben wrote:a myth that he has no football ability.
They are both crap.
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

hammer1975 wrote:Isn’t he injured until beyond the window anyway?
He is, supposedly.
Came back from injury too fast, once too often. Doubt that we'll be able to nurish him back to his peak.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2483 likes
Total likes: 4383 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Moyes would probably have used him, can't see it with Pellegrini.
traxop

Post by traxop »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Was thinking exactly the same thing .

' That cross ' will remain in the memory .
For me, the most telling thing was what happened immediately after the cross. I don't think Antonio even bothered to sprint back whilst Noble was busting a gut to race back.

If I recall correctly, Noble played the whole game as our Midfield engine whilst Antonio came on a second half sub. You would have thought Antonio were to be the one with the energy and effort to make that recovering run rather than a 90th-minute Noble.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 1308 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

bubbles1966 wrote:Moyes would probably have used him, can't see it with Pellegrini.
Thought exactly the same. Doesn't strike me as a Pellegrini type player.