✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WestHamIFC

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by WestHamIFC »

Regista wrote:a player that can't pass
Sometimes no words are needed, just a 45 second video clip set to some music from the Titanic Official Soundtrack..

https://twitter.com/longliveboleyn/stat ... 6346464257

:hush: ?
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

While it might be true, theoretically at least, that replacements for Cresswell, Antonio etc. are out there, there's another important factor -- the issue of unsettling an established core. If we definitely want a new RB, striker, and possibly keeper for the starting 11, do we also want to be swapping out at least two other key members...so 5+ of the 11 potentially being new?
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

the celestial insect wrote:While it might be true, theoretically at least, that replacements for Cresswell, Antonio etc. are out there, there's another important factor -- the issue of unsettling an established core. If we definitely want a new RB, striker, and possibly keeper for the starting 11, do we also want to be swapping out at least two other key members...so 5+ of the 11 potentially being new?
That and what does it say to people in the club, we'll always flog our best players, or indeed what does it say to players who are looking to join?

I'm not sure it's a positive statement and I'm certainly not confident that the replacements will be as good as the ones we're flogging
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

I think Moses works well in Chelski's system so why the hell would they want Antonio who only betters Moses in the heading department as far as I can see? Just can't see it. :?
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

He bettered him playing for us last season so why not when playing for them
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

I'd rather have Antonio and Cresswell than Moses and Alonso, and I rate Alonso.
TSmitty
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by TSmitty »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:With Antonio his ability is less important to me. Most important is what he represents to our fanbase.
He is the sort of player as a club we have always held dear.

- A trier
- One who has worked his arse off to get where he is and makes maximum use of the tools he has, from non-league to england squad
- One who always puts in the effort, whatever he is asked to do, and does it with a great big smile on his face
- One who excites and frustrates in equal measure
- Someone who can lift the crowd with a moment of pure, raw ability
- Someone who turns up at his first England get together with a West Ham carrier bag

Couldn't give two shits if his pass completion rate is below average, or his crossing not 'as good as it should be' for a wide player, or he falls over his own feet now and again. The above stuff is much more important
^^^^^^^^
This
The fact that he scores / assists now and then is just a lucky bonus

any one of us would have given him the world for this

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2686 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

16 reasons to keep him .
mattyD
Has liked: 310 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by mattyD »

Just needs to be played in his best position regularly. Not the back up striker or wing back. Wide forward. That's it.
dvincent

Post by dvincent »

Why do I get the feeling that Snodgrass was made to look like Payet's replacement but is actually Antonio's? An attacking midfield 3 of Ayew, Snodgrass & Lanzini is still good and the funds could be used on a striker & right back. I would never want to see Antonio leave but if he wants to leave, then let him go while he is still worth money.
cmoore4099

Post by cmoore4099 »

dvincent wrote:Why do I get the feeling that Snodgrass was made to look like Payet's replacement but is actually Antonio's? An attacking midfield 3 of Ayew, Snodgrass & Lanzini is still good and the funds could be used on a striker & right back. I would never want to see Antonio leave but if he wants to leave, then let him go while he is still worth money.

Sorry, mate, I am still just struggling to understand why we need to sell him to fund a Striker and Rightback.
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes

Post by Robbie »

Antonio is a proper West Ham player. A 100% every game, it doesn't always come off but his aptitude, attitude, work rate and heart cannot be faulted. Put simply, where would we have been without him.?
If he was unhappy, fair enough, but there is nobody I would rather sacrifice him for in realistic terms.
I keep thinking this lately....When did we get a bit above our station recently..?
Spammy The Vee
Has liked: 3 likes

Post by Spammy The Vee »

If the owners sell him, what's the likely profit margin - for them ?
brooking_1980
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

£ 20m
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3680 likes
Total likes: 2385 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

gravehammer wrote:Moses
Oxlade Chamberlin
Adomah
Rashford
Redmond
Bwahahahaha....that's the list you came up with? :lol: Better fax that list to Conte liveo, he's got the wrong man!
dean_whu
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 150 likes

Post by dean_whu »

Oh my word, it seems like some of you need to be lobotomised.

Antonio - What a player, what a man!!
Spammy The Vee
Has liked: 3 likes

Post by Spammy The Vee »

If the profit for the owners on selling Antonio would be around the 20 Million quid mark - as Brooking 1980 suggests - they will sell him. I have not a single doubt about it - it's too much money fro them to turn down.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we need a RB and a striker. Antonio is west ham. You dont sell your best players.

we have a bit of money and we need a couple of players.

Slav rates antonio despite playing him all over the place. In fact if fit he plays,anywhere for slav.

Needs to play RW only net season.with competition from feg. we need a squad with at least 16 first eleven players in our 25.

Doubt hes going anywhere just taking time to sign a very important contract for him for the next 5 years in the claret and blue.

keep your best players and have two 11s as below

Hart
trippier reid fonte cresswell
antonio obinag sigguardsson snodgrass
martial carroll

second 11

adrian
byram maguire ogbonna masuarka
feg kouyate noble lanzini
sakho fletcher

players in hart,trippier,maguire sigguardsson,martial(batsyuayi)

sorted for top 6
Regista

Post by Regista »

Jumby wrote:
Haha are you serious, sunshine?

Stick your little skull in this for a bit and have a gander, only scratching the surface but sets things off nicely http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... r_id=51133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't beat a full back and get a cross in? 1.50 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

James Collins on the wing! Keep casting :lol:
What am I looking at here? The fact he scores goals? We'd score just as many (and more) if we replaced him with somebody capable of playing a 5-yard pass — giving us a far more harmonious, free-flowing attack.

As for your video, totally irrelevant. One example of a player doing something successfully is not evidence that they're capable of doing it regularly, there's 100 failed attempts for every successful one.

I'm sure even Matt Jarvis put in a couple decent crosses when he was here...
Regista

Post by Regista »

WestHamIFC wrote:At the end of the day who's judgement do you trust more? The guy who's sitting pretty at the top of the PL with a 10 point cushion, or a handful of buffoons masquerading as self-appointed football 'experts' on an internet forum?

Conte or 'Regista'? Tough call.
Not sure why it's being taken as gospel that Conte is after him considering as of now it's just paper talk...

If he really is interested, it will be to use him as a backup wing-back, because he recognises what he is — a workhorse, nothing more.
WestHamIFC wrote:Sometimes no words are needed, just a 45 second video clip set to some music from the Titanic Official Soundtrack..

https://twitter.com/longliveboleyn/stat ... 6346464257

:hush: ?
This 45 second clip of one nicely weighted pass in his time here proves he's our very own Pirlo, does it?

I could make a 10 minute compilation of overhit/misplaced 5-yard passes.