✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by Yea Why Not »

Another poor showing by our medical team. Injured---> cleared to play----> injured again and out for the season
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Yea Why Not wrote:Another poor showing by our medical team. Injured---> cleared to play----> injured again and out for the season
I'd like to think/hope that's just bad luck but the points situation did create a level of desperation and do wonder if he was 'rushed'
Upton Carp
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Upton Carp »

Now stalled on signing the new contract, which is being blamed on the injury...

Why? :?
MilkyBarKid16
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by MilkyBarKid16 »

I just hope that this isn't the work of his agent.

Everything points to him being happy here, but unfortunately, if his agent has told him that he could play for a team currently higher in the table and earn a bit more money, he might just listen.

The other thing I'm wary of is Gold and Sullivans habit of not wanting to spend too much money. He is a player that we must keep. He is unlike any player that other Premier League clubs have at the moment, so to lose him would be a disaster.

Just give him what he/his agent wants.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

I wouldn't blame him one bit ,if he left.Antonio has been ****ed around since he got here - RB,CF,et al.He has paid the price,more than anyone,imo,for the manager and owners piss poor recruitment,he has run himself into the ground for us and deserves to be playing at a "higher level".The owners need to stop with all the childish "marquee signing" bull**** and concentrate on keeping Antonio,Lanzini,Kouyate and Obiang and getting in solid no nonsense signings to play with them.
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

ashbanki wrote:I wouldn't blame him one bit ,if he left.Antonio has been ****ed around since he got here - RB,CF,et al.He has paid the price,more than anyone,imo,for the manager and owners piss poor recruitment,he has run himself into the ground for us and deserves to be playing at a "higher level".The owners need to stop with all the childish "marquee signing" bull**** and concentrate on keeping Antonio,Lanzini,Kouyate and Obiang and getting in solid no nonsense signings to play with them.
100% Plus give our kids a fair crack.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

ashbanki wrote:I wouldn't blame him one bit ,if he left.Antonio has been ****ed around since he got here - RB,CF,et al.He has paid the price,more than anyone,imo,for the manager and owners piss poor recruitment,he has run himself into the ground for us and deserves to be playing at a "higher level".
Most professional players have a favourite position, just like the missus. The professional part of the tag comes in when your not in your favourite position, and still need to perform :wink:

Giving a player another assignment for 90 min is not ****ing around. It's called management.
Even the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Lahm, Mandzukic, Bale, have been made to play in different roles.

I'm not so convinced that being able to play in the top league in the country, and have the chance to represent England at the highest level goes totaly unnoticed by the player.

If you believe that a second division player is more annoyed at the recruitment than foreign players who only play in England because of the money involved, I'm speachless.

Also, running is a good trait for a footballer. Ball retention, passing accuracy, decision making in vital areas are also good traits. Love the big man to bits, he still has plenty of room for improvement.
bowltorious
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by bowltorious »

£70k a week for 5 years is what I'd offer him. That's peanuts for one of the better players in the prem, whilst there may be better technical players there is no-one else like him. Sign him up Dave's! They are probably salivating at a 25mil offer coming in for him knowing them.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

He will sign but it is a worry until he does. I thought we have said no contract deals until the end of the season. Personally I would get him signed up. first player on the team sheet for me. heart commitment passion desire goals skill pace power. proper hammer. great player and I want to see him here for next 5 years. crazy to sell him for 25m worth so much more to us. SIGN HIM UP ASAP
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

On his way in the summer according to the Times

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

What a load of unsubstantiated **** stirring b*llocks. File it under chicken **** with the rest..
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Colours never run wrote:What a load of unsubstantiated **** stirring b*llocks. File it under chicken **** with the rest..
You know different then? Tell us what you know
Oldammer

Post by Oldammer »

Don't think he'll be here next season.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

York Ham(mer) wrote:On his way in the summer according to the Times
If and it is an "if" this is correct then that's me done. All their bull about this move. We go there and within 1 year, 2 of our best players in the old place that we were meant to be adding to, will be sold.

£80m from sale of BG (apparently)
£25m from sale of Payet
£25m from sale of Antonio

Replaced by Snodders and Defoe

Next level !
sgb1972
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by sgb1972 »

It would be ridiculous if he's been offered less than Snodgrass, but wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he has.

Another problem with poor recruitment - pay average players big money and the quality within the squad rightly want the same or more.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Believer wrote:
If and it is an "if" this is correct then that's me done. All their bull about this move. We go there and within 1 year, 2 of our best players in the old place that we were meant to be adding to, will be sold.

£80m from sale of BG (apparently)
£25m from sale of Payet
£25m from sale of Antonio

Replaced by Snodders and Defoe

Next level !

and still £100m in debt :o
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

Resentment at the club's handling of his hamstring injury. What does that even mean?
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

wildkard wrote:Resentment at the club's handling of his hamstring injury. What does that even mean?
being asked to play when he wasnt even 50% fit and then aggravates injury into a season ending one
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

We should never have signed Snodgrass, now causing us problems elsewhere as well as being pony on the pitch
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Wouldn't blame him.

The handling of him has been absolutely dire all season.