✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Nesticles

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by Nesticles »

Monkeybubbles wrote:Confirmed that he's out for the rest of the season.
Gutted

Our most important player, imo
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

Burnley Hammer wrote:This is what happens when players are rushed back. And it's most likely why Calleri was brought on ahead of carroll and sakho.

Then whats the point of them being on the bench ?
I would kind of argue as a moral boost to our own players on the pitch and also to unsettle the oppositions plans. Having the threat of bringing them on is better than not having it if you see what i mean.
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

I'm hoping that him limping around on that crappy green carpet that Brady thinks is hiding the athletic track isn't my lasting memory of him in a West Ham shirt.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

"It's a big blow with Antonio because he has been good in every game," said Slaven Bilic. "We have options up front with Andy Carroll and Jonathan Calleri."

er and sakho?
Porkeyes

Post by Porkeyes »

I'm hoping that him limping around on that crappy green carpet that Brady thinks is hiding the athletic track isn't my lasting memory of him in a West Ham shirt.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Him, Obiang and Reid were probably the outstanding contenders for POTY and they're all in the sick bay. Lucky we (probably) have enough points on the board to coast into the summer.
Upton Carp
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Upton Carp »

Oh my God, not another one. We have loads of luck, all of it bad. Good luck Iron Mik and don't hurry back until you are good and ready.

COYI. :kumb:
Scarhead

Post by Scarhead »

Just says 'significant injury' on the BBC, assuming it is his hamstring does anyone know how significant?
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

this is why we have a squad

right ayew and feguili to step up

we are almost safe now

sunderland at the weekend

just give the fringe players a chance
Porkeyes

Post by Porkeyes »

****Apols for the multi posts I am Gareth Gates. And my Server went into meltdown.
Last edited by Porkeyes on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

bowltorious wrote:Depends, grade 1 can be recovered within 3 weeks, grade 2 is about 4-8 weeks and a grade 3 which is a half or full rupture of the muscle fibres is normaly 3 months plus. Considering there was obvious instant pain and altered gait (normal walking pattern) it would suggest atleast grade 2. I'm not sure when the last game is but we might see him back for the last game or two. I reckon we rushed him back too soon as we had important games. He needs to fully recover now as hamstrings have a tendency to re-occur if not rehabed correctly.
I did mine Grade 3 full rupture back in 2013. Thankfully I had private health insurance through work so got it reattached at the Wellington Hospital by a the surgeon who deals with many footballers (Vertonghen being one of them). I had a leg brace for six weeks and loads of physio but 4 years later and it is not the same as it once was, and a professional footballer is looking at 3 months minimum

Looking the footage of his injury I would be surprised if it was a Grade 3. He pulled up, but it was more of a grimace than full on pain (from what I could tell) and he stayed on his feet and did seem to have some movement after the injury

As Bowltorious says, likely to be a Grade 2 so plenty of time to get it sorted before pre-season starts again. It is a huge shame for him as scuppers his chances for an England cap until next season when the squad is likely to be more settled and therefore harder to break into
fester
Eats sh*t
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by fester »

I'm hoping that him limping around on that crappy green carpet that Brady thinks is hiding the athletic track isn't my lasting memory of him in a West Ham shirt x4
leer34
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 84 likes

Post by leer34 »

All the best Mike, wish slav would stop mentioning calleri though, it worries me that he might think he has a long term future with us.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Just trust that Michail will get all treatment & recovery that is needed and return refreshed next season, like others it surprises me that Slav rates Calleri & rating him so highly, sound like no way is Carroll fully fit again!

Once we are completely safe time to get some of the young fringe players back and on the bench
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

jaybs wrote:Just trust that Michail will get all treatment & recovery that is needed and return refreshed next season, like others it surprises me that Slav rates Calleri & rating him so highly, sound like no way is Carroll fully fit again!

Once we are completely safe time to get some of the young fringe players back and on the bench
Re Carroll. Same old. Will never change.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Burnley Hammer wrote:
Then whats the point of them being on the bench ?
Prob like saying right Slav you can use them if you need them but if you can manage to get the result without having to use them that would really benefit them

thats why I dont think Carroll will start this week
ClaretSteve

Antonio Out for the season.

Post by ClaretSteve »

How vital were last week's 3 points now?
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Re: Antonio Out for the season.

Post by Kialos »

Very
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Feghouli and Snodgrass are pretty much guaranteed to start all of our last six games then, fanf*ckingtastic.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Snippet from the BBC gossip column:

West Ham's talks with winger Michail Antonio, 27, over a new contract have stalled after he was ruled out of the rest of the season with a "significant injury". Antonio's representatives are looking to secure a £70,000-a-week deal