✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ifebbubbles

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Antonio is right up there in the top 3 players we should be doing everything to keep. He is another player we would sell and not adequately replace.
gravehammer

Post by gravehammer »

Maybe Antonio thinks by moving to a top 6 club will enhance his England chances. I absolutely love the man but he hasn't got the touch for international football. He might against the smaller nations but not in my opinion can he make a difference in matches where it matters. Doesn't look like Southgate fancies him anyway.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

We'll sell him this summer. Lanzini too probably. The owners will take profit wherever they can. They are a cancer and we'll continue to be a selling club with no ambition with them in charge.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

gravehammer wrote:Maybe Antonio thinks by moving to a top 6 club will enhance his England chances. I absolutely love the man but he hasn't got the touch for international football.
yep, there are so many english wingers better than him than i can't even remember one!

Dyl wrote:We'll sell him this summer. Lanzini too probably. The owners will take profit wherever they can. They are a cancer and we'll continue to be a selling club with no ambition with them in charge.
but what can they do if a player wants to leave?
buying better players is not really an answer (even if they should do it regardless), we'd need about 10 transfer windows to become a chelsea (about 50 with these owners, agreed, but let's pretend they're good) and players wouldn't want to wait that long.

a lot of drum banging about payet leaving because of "broken promises", and yet look at him now: hardly surrounded by the crème de la crème, is he?
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Dyl wrote:We'll sell him this summer. Lanzini too probably. The owners will take profit wherever they can. They are a cancer and we'll continue to be a selling club with no ambition with them in charge.
Who have they sold who didn't want to leave?

Parker and Payet were both adored by fans but pushed to leave for various reasons... not the owners fault
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

And don't the owners know it.

If they want to cash in they just make out the player wants to leave and instantly the fans are onside with the sale.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1078 likes
Total likes: 1386 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Selling club? Please elaborate...

They've been the complete opposite in their time here so be interesting to hear where this comes from...

There's a lot of very valid reasons to criticise the owners...but in this instance it's quite inaccurate

You've never been impacted by cancer have you?
wigwig

Post by wigwig »

They've sold no one you nutter.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I doubt any of other main players will be sold this summer as we need to fill the ground when it goes up to 66000.
The last few years have seen us sell no prized asset other than payet.

we have spent a lot of money in comparison with other teams our size and I for one am happy with the current squad bar a RB and striker.
remember some of the players who used to turn out for us titi camara,paul hilton,allen mcknight,kovac,benni mcdonalds(macartney),etc.

The squad is the best we have had for a long time,since the 1980`s. We are not a top 4 in terms of financial muscle so we must carefully chip away at improving the squad. This summer represents a chance to iprove the squad with 3/4 quality players and really give it a go at top 6.

Next season we should have no fears of relegation which for us is unusual,so support the team and remember what we were like.

The stadium is not perfect but improving slowly. The atmosphere was great against palace and wba recently and needs to keep improving. The BG is gone and we have our memories of grat games and thumping atmospheres but it wasnt like that every game.

The team is improving slowly, so lets enjoy the ride that is WEST HAM UNITED.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1035 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Look at al these do-gooders using facts to defend our owners, ruining a good old unfounded off topic moan.

Shame on you.
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

IMO he hasn't got the touch or decision making for international football. He's still a player I love watching and want him to stay with us though.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2013 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

dave_l wrote:IMO he hasn't got the touch or decision making for international football. He's still a player I love watching and want him to stay with us though.
In a nutshell. :thup:
comebackjoecole

Post by comebackjoecole »

dave_l wrote:IMO he hasn't got the touch or decision making for international football. He's still a player I love watching and want him to stay with us though.
spot on, love his enthusiasm, technique lets him down whenever I see him.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Let's see how things pan out now before saying that they don't sell players.

Their MO in the past (and still now to some degree) of signing old players who we eventually release on a free or loaning players left us with hardly anyone we could sell.

Now we have a squad of players with a decent amount of value but arguably the best player has been sold. Apparently he wanted out but he was still sold.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by hammers92 »

How can anyone say he hasn't got what it takes at international football? He hasn't played a game yet. It's such a pointless thing to say.

I didn't think Hal Robson Kanu and Sam Vokes were capable but low and behold they were key players for a side that got to the semi finals.

In fact, there's only a small minority of English players over the last 50 years who have been "international level".
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

wigwig wrote: They've sold no one you nutter.
Payet has been forgotten quite quickly.

Made a profit, did not fully reinvest the fee, and they got to blame the player and the manager for having to sell him. The perfect scenario for G&S&B.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 771 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

if you start putting everything at the owner's door, you're only going to undermine real issues we have with them and make us all look like scattershot moaning windbags. for all their sins, we're not (yet) a selling club.

choose your battles.
brooking_1980
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

Completely agree with you Hadleigh, our 1 & only World Class player was sold right underneath our noses and the player & manager got the blame. Legalised asset stripping. Sully is laughing all the way to the bank.

And it will all be forgotten when the people go to renew their season tickets, because new promises will replace the old.
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

Payet's leaves on the 30th January, some posters moan we didn't reinvest the money within 24 hours. Great logic.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 771 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

brooking_1980 wrote:Completely agree with you Hadleigh, our 1 & only World Class player was sold right underneath our noses and the player & manager got the blame. Legalised asset stripping. Sully is laughing all the way to the bank.
you give them a lot more credit than i do if you think they're smart enough to pull off some grand conspiratorial illusion that even had the manager and all the players fooled.

they're chancers and all their maneuvers in the dark are more telegraphed than a luftwaffe raid.

take issue with them selling off our home, not shipping out a petulant frog for a cut price.