✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by hammers92 »

Stick this guy is taking :lol:

Kane hasn't got much technical ability (in my humble opinion) but does the business week in week out. So what if he's a bit unorthodox? The very fact that the top clubs are circling shows how good he is surely?

26 year old who's English, can play in a few positions and scores all kinds of goals? I'll take £40 million when they do come calling please
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

gravehammer wrote:After working his way up from non league to the premier league I think he is just trying to get a better deal. He can see all the money being thrown about and wants what's best for his family. He's a local lad so moving clubs at this stage in his career won't be he best option he just wants the best deal he can get. For me bit of a non story here as I think he really likes being at West Ham
He won't want sit on a bench somewhere even if it's a top four club. After the Payet saga people looking at things a bit too much. Sullivan will give him what he wants end of.
I think it's clear that a player who has busted his arse despite continually being told he wasn't good enough for the next level, would be bloody hungry to play for one of the best clubs in England and play champions league football?

Rightly so he'll (like all footballers and everyone who works), will make the decision that's right for him, regardless of how much he "loves it" here, (im sure he loved all of the other clubs he's been at).

And Sully will flog him in a heartbeat if he thinks it's a good deal.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Ozza wrote:
And Sully will flog him in a heartbeat if he thinks it's a good deal.
Then name drop for a bit before going to Palace to try and sign any of their wingers.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

I shudder at the thought of the replacement being Puncheon
Regista

Post by Regista »

Jumby wrote:I need five names that would cost under 25m that we could replace him with, and not Jason Puncheon, Wilfried Zaha, Andros Townsend etc. I mean players that would contribute what Antonio does. 5 players under 25m, your time starts now!
You'll have to tell me what it is he actually contributes first.

If all we want is a player that can't control nor strike a ball, can't pass, can't beat a full back, but tries hard and occasionally scores a back post header then we might as well stick James Collins out on the wing.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Even Zaha and/or Townsend wouldn't be adequate replacements.

The GSB are worse than Mike Ashley, far worse imo.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Regista wrote:

If all we want is a player that can't control nor strike a ball, can't pass, can't beat a full back, but tries hard and occasionally scores a back post header then we might as well stick James Collins out on the wing.

Wow.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Regista wrote:

Where's that fishing emoji gone?

I'll use this one instead :P
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Regista wrote:It seems many people on this forum value a nice guy persona more than actual footballing ability...

He's very much replaceable.

It's a myth Antonio doesn't have footballing ability. He has it in spades. I'll agree his passing can be suspect at times, but if I wanted a non-stop energetic, regular goal scoring, creating, ghosting into both boxes winger with a strong team ethic, then Antonio would fit the bill. The bang on personality as great as his is, is still a distant quality when I compare it to what he actually brings to our Team in footballing ability.
gravehammer

Post by gravehammer »

Moses
Oxlade Chamberlin
Adomah
Rashford
Redmond
Now some of these will not be under £25m but close to it. Don't forget there was West Ham before Antonio. And before you start nashing teeth I don't want/ believe he will go as stated before. Don't think if any player leaves we cannot replace him.
But I don't trust the current owners.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

gravehammer wrote:Moses
Oxlade Chamberlin
Adomah
Rashford
Redmond
Now some of these will not be under £25m but close to it. Don't forget there was West Ham before Antonio. And before you start nashing teeth I don't want/ believe he will go as stated before. Don't think if any player leaves we cannot replace him.
But I don't trust the current owners[/i].

Is exactly right
Regista

Post by Regista »

somerset-hammer wrote:Would you rather have a team of 11 Payet's or 11 Antonio's?
The thought of 11 Antonio's running about trying to pass to each other or knocking the ball 30 yards ahead of themselves and chasing after it as it slowly trickles out of play almost gave me an aneurysm, so I'll have to say 11 Payet's.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Regista wrote:

Haha are you serious, sunshine?

Stick your little skull in this for a bit and have a gander, only scratching the surface but sets things off nicely http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... r_id=51133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't beat a full back and get a cross in? 1.50 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

James Collins on the wing! Keep casting :lol:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

I definitely don't believe he's off soon either. Not unless a 'big club' come in for an absolute outrageous offer and he wanted to further his career. He's just playing it coy hoping for a new improved contract which is fair enough as far as I'm concerned, I'd do the same in his position keeping options open to see just exactly what gets offered to him.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Moses - Didn't work last time out, massive wages no doubt and they'd want big bucks
Oxlade Chamberlin - Yes but inury prone and they'd want a lot, plus higher wages
Adomah - Unproven as yet but could be good
Rashford - Never in a million years would he come, and he'd cost over 30m
Redmond - They'd want 20m at least and he's not as good
Colours never run

Regista wrote:
The thought of 11 Antonio's running about trying to pass to each other or knocking the ball 30 yards ahead of themselves and chasing after it as it slowly trickles out of play almost gave me an aneurysm, so I'll have to say 11 Payet's.

I'd still rather that, than 11 Payets all deciding to go on strike at the same time thus forfeiting games.
Carlton'sGoal

Post by Carlton'sGoal »

Regista wrote:You'll have to tell me what it is he actually contributes first.
I give up with football nowadays

*edit* actually, no this is just obvious he's on the wind up
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

We should also take it as a compliment that better teams want our players. It says that SOME of our recruitment is going well, the team is doing well and we're on the right path.

If nobody wanted our players then, quite frankly, would we be any good?
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

He is exciting. When I pay to go and watch WH I want to see players who change a game, do something different, score, create and above all put a shift in.

He does all of the above and some pick apart his technical side. Football snobbery reminiscent of the where's wally crew.

I really want him to stay and continue doing what he's been doing thanks. No need to brush up on his passing stance.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

hammers92 wrote:There's a reason why Conte and Jose are sniffing
At the end of the day who's judgement do you trust more? The guy who's sitting pretty at the top of the PL with a 10 point cushion, or a handful of buffoons masquerading as self-appointed football 'experts' on an internet forum?

Conte or 'Regista'? Tough call.