✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by Mega Ron »

Unless he plays at full back
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

His attitude stinks imo. It's all gone to his head unfortunately.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

traxop wrote:
For me, the most telling thing was what happened immediately after the cross. I don't think Antonio even bothered to sprint back whilst Noble was busting a gut to race back.

If I recall correctly, Noble played the whole game as our Midfield engine whilst Antonio came on a second half sub. You would have thought Antonio were to be the one with the energy and effort to make that recovering run rather than a 90th-minute Noble.
Yep , let's face it , we all loved him during season 2015/16 , after that flukey goal vs Southampton nothing could go wrong for our new signing , the goal he scored against Liverpool epitomised what this hard working player was all about , from tackling the opposition player somewhere near the corner flag to sprinting upfield to score , he was our all action human dynamo - then after signing a couple of wingers in Tore and Feghouli Antonio was asked to play a wing-back role which seemed to tear the heart out of him and then there were the stories linking him to Chelsea .

However , he is a professional footballer and should have had a different attitude having come up through the ranks with Tooting and Mitcham , Reading then several loans to a variety of clubs - instead he visibly sulked when asked to play wing-back - Ok , some of the responsibility should be lain at Bilic's door when it was obvious Antonio was failing and obviously unhappy in that position , it didn't help matters when the winger Slaven chose to replace Antonio with turned out to be a massive flop in Gokhan Tore .

And then , that pass of a cross to the Crystal Palace defender which led to their equalizer followed by a sulky run back , not exactly the sort of attitude you look for in a professional footballer - things didn't improve under David Moyes , the Scot having to warn Antonio about his time keeping then sending him home - from Human Dynamo to Sulking Child in 3 seasons .

If you want a future with the best supported team in Britain managed now by one of the World's best in Pellegrini , you'd better be looking to yourself , Michail - lose that stupid attitude and become the effervescent happy player you once were .
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I don't think its necessarily attitude, maybe he got a bit cocky at one point (like that Palace game where he just needed a sensible head to see the game out)

He just doesn't look at all fit, he looks like he needs to completely change his methods. He cannot carry on at Premier League level let alone West Ham or Palace if he is puffing out of his arse after 60 minutes and breaking down injured on a regular basis.

It has been brought up quite a few times but i think although he is in great shape, its not particularly great for the sport he plays and he breaks down far too quickly. His raw pace and explosive energy is fantastic but its pointless if it means he lasts a short amount of time and he is being carried the rest of the match and hauled off after an hour.

I really like the guy, hopefully he comes back fresh after pre-season as he can be really useful and he does frighten defenders.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Another ****ing sicknote
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Interesting on his body, was having this discussion a few weeks back. there is no doubt he is a fine physical specimen, cut to pieces, so body fat low.

I did say, I wonder if he is too big, and perhaps needs to knock the heavier weights back and reduce some muscle. He is built like a 100m runner, not a footballer.
Ladzini

Post by Ladzini »

Clacton-ammer wrote:Interesting on his body, was having this discussion a few weeks back. there is no doubt he is a fine physical specimen, cut to pieces, so body fat low.

I did say, I wonder if he is too big, and perhaps needs to knock the heavier weights back and reduce some muscle. He is built like a 100m runner, not a footballer.
This 100%.

Despite being in fantastic shape, every time he runs 100m, his CV system is working twice as hard as someone like Fernandes because of the huge amount of muscle mass he is carrying in comparison.

If he dropped half a stone or so he wouldn't lose any speed and would definitely up his stamina.
Mr_Skid

Post by Mr_Skid »

Its not just about the muscle mass, the more muscle means he will be using more oxygen for his body to work and getting tired quicker.

This is the same reason people say Anthony Joshua is too muscular as it actually gets to a point where its quite limiting in terms of endurance
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Perhaps I've nodded off during games, but I can't say I've noticed an attitude or application issue when I've seen him play. What games hasn't he given a 100% in.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

How about when he runs into someone, loses the ball and then throws his arms down in a huff and jogs back?
hammersk
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by hammersk »

He has no problem with attitude - on the contrary, he runs himself into the ground

Arnie, Lanzini, Antonio and Masuaku are our 4 players who can actually take on their man.

Antonio doesn't always look the tidiest, but he is no doubt the most effective.

Him and Arnie in the same side will make Pellegrini's transition a lot smoother...
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

hammersk wrote:He has no problem with attitude - on the contrary, he runs himself into the ground

Arnie, Lanzini, Antonio and Masuaku are our 4 players who can actually take on their man.

Antonio doesn't always look the tidiest, but he is no doubt the most effective.

Him and Arnie in the same side will make Pellegrini's transition a lot smoother...
Antonio the most effective?
Tell me more, like for instance the last time any of his contributions effected a match in a positive way?
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I think you are being harsh Mushy (I have no game/moment to back that up from recent times), what I do see, is him creating a problem for their defence, just being up there, defenders worry about him, similar to AC, but of course not as effective as AC in regards to problems.
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 309 likes

Post by Centre Half »

Westbourne Bill wrote:Perhaps I've nodded off during games, but I can't say I've noticed an attitude or application issue when I've seen him play. What games hasn't he given a 100% in.
How about every game Bilic decided to deploy him as a wing back?
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

mushy wrote: Antonio the most effective?
Tell me more, like for instance the last time any of his contributions effected a match in a positive way?
Goals in two of his last 4 appearances
An assist in the appearance before that
Won a penalty that should have sealed the game a couple of games before that.
You can even point to the Southampton game at home and say his 10 minutes before going off injured were instrumental to the way we started the game.

Yes he's had a stop start 18 months with injuries. Yes there have rightly been some questions about his attitude.

Let's not make up nonsense about his effectiveness on the pitch.
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 309 likes

Post by Centre Half »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote:
Goals in two of his last 4 appearances
An assist in the appearance before that
Won a penalty that should have sealed the game a couple of games before that.
You can even point to the Southampton game at home and say his 10 minutes before going off injured were instrumental to the way we started the game.

Yes he's had a stop start 18 months with injuries. Yes there have rightly been some questions about his attitude.

Let's not make up nonsense about his effectiveness on the pitch.
Those goals came when we were 4-0 down and 3-0 down.

Bloody hell he had a decent ten minutes! :raver:
Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

Centre Half wrote:How about every game Bilic decided to deploy him as a wing back?
:thup:
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

Centre Half wrote:.
Bloody hell he had a decent ten minutes!
Why do you constantly discredit anything positive about Antonio and massively exaggerate the negatives?

Your comments lack balance and come across rather childish.
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 467 likes

Post by DrVenk »

Has a lot to prove this season, especially with Anderson and Yarmolenko now here. Might be just the competition he needs or he just might not be good enough or the right fit for a Pellegrini side.

Didn't cover himself in glory today. At all.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

DrVenk wrote:Has a lot to prove this season, especially with Anderson and Yarmolenko now here. Might be just the competition he needs or he just might not be good enough or the right fit for a Pellegrini side.

Didn't cover himself in glory today. At all.
His best position his RWB. People should start accepting that now and so should Antonio. The best form of his career was that position. Not a winger, not a striker but RWB. He was pretty good defensively today imo.