Investment Rumours Thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Investment Rumours Thread

Postby bondsbootlaces on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:04 pm

mushy wrote:The board voted in favour of it.

That still shocks me now having read it. They must have a lot of faith in us constantly being top 10 going forward, or some dealings with the biggest supporters of the idea that we'll never be privy to.
bondsbootlaces

Postby Ozza on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Cheers Sanchoz :thup:
Ozza

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:23 pm

Mega Ron wrote:Our trio have probably been lobbied for support and have given it.

In exchange for what I couldn't imagine.

Baroness Brady , The Tinwoman asked for a Heart - David ' The Scarecrow ' Gold wanted a Brain - David ' The Cowardly Lion ' Sullivan , well , he asked for a pair of Platform Shoes .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Corney Beal on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:30 am

I'm still convinced Amanda Staveley and West Ham fan David Bick (from the Whistle Group) were simply in Newcastle looking to arrange an Arab purchase from Mike Ashley.
However, not sure if anyone has mentioned Staveley and her previous links with 10% fresh investor investor Smith Tripp and his company Blackstone Group?

This is on her Wiki profile, re:2009;

Later that year Staveley was involved in an attempt to help finance the $13.5 billion sale of Barclays Global Investors to the US firm BlackRock, offering $2.8 billion of funding in return for a shareholding of 10 per cent, an amount that reportedly included a commitment of Staveley's own money.[27] In June 2009, with details being finalised, Blackrock pulled out of the deal. Press reports at the time[27][28][29] suggested that BlackRock had sought further clarification of the identity of the investors behind the special purpose vehicle created by PCP Capital Partners to handle the offer, although alternative reports claimed that they had always been aware of the conditions of the deal. In the end BlackRock funded its purchase of BGI from other sources.[29]
Last edited by Up the Junction on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote removed.
Corney Beal

Postby Corney Beal on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:11 pm

Forget the previous post. I have mixed up the Blackstone Group with another Blackrock. Oooops!
Corney Beal

Postby York Ham(mer) on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:24 pm

Staveley is in for Liverpool according to the Sun (I know, I know...). £1 billion apparently.
York Ham(mer)

Postby Fishdo on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:40 pm

The latest I read was we were withdrawing our support for the top six getting a bigger portion of outside uk tv money.... not sure why we would support it in the first place unless we will get some benefit from one or all of those top six ...

If you read this link as an example you can see that it is the top six benefiting more than the rest of the PL.,,

The link goes on to explain just how clubs will benefit and how things have gone before... it’s a lot more detailed than the previous table and link posted here earlier so it’s well worth a read

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror ... 285539.amp
Fishdo

Postby simonirons on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:10 pm

Quite a few running the Stavely Liverpool link. - makes sense why she was up at the Newcastle vs Liverpool match now..

Talking to our potential new manager :lol:
simonirons

Postby Corney Beal on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:08 am

One newspaper report when she was spotted at Newcastle v Liverpool said she was there as she supported both teams. :o
Corney Beal

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:24 am

Corney Beal wrote:One newspaper report when she was spotted at Newcastle v Liverpool said she was there as she supported both teams. :o

Good to see a proper supporter in these cynical modern times .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby hammerdivone on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:26 am

mushy wrote:The board voted in favour of it.

bondsbootlaces wrote:That still shocks me now having read it. They must have a lot of faith in us constantly being top 10 going forward, or some dealings with the biggest supporters of the idea that we'll never be privy to.

Not sure how they managed that given there was no vote!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41497079
hammerdivone

Postby Fishdo on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:35 pm

There was going to be a vote last Wednesday but Scudamore realised there was no hope of the 14 agreement being made so the meeting was carried over....

The gist of it is that the top six clubs want an extra 7% on top of the 35% merit award... in turn another 8 clubs below the top six would get a smaller increase for where they finish with the remaining clubs actually losing money as their share would be split amongst the top six.

If you take last season as example then the payment to PL winners Chelsea would have been £12 m higher than it was and then bottom club Sunderland would have received around £1.2 m which is about £11m lower than it was....

What Scudamore is now more worried about is the talk between top six clubs creating a European Premier league... as has been discussed before... and it was this agreement he was trying to give the top six clubs more money from TV so they would sign another extension to the premier league agreement and therefore stop any chance of a break away League for the duration of that renewed pl agreement....
Fishdo

Postby bubbles500 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Staveley been milking this takeover bid for 10 years.Got great PR out of it.If you’re gonna do it you would just do it.Every time she turns up at a game she’s guaranteed plenty of column inches.
bubbles500

Postby Wembley1966 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:55 pm

Fishdo wrote:The gist of it is that the top six clubs want an extra 7% on top of the 35% merit award... in turn another 8 clubs below the top six would get a smaller increase for where they finish with the remaining clubs actually losing money as their share would be split amongst the top six.

It's not just the bottom clubs losing out - there would also be a reduction in the parachute payments that are paid out over 3 years after relegation.
Wembley1966

Postby Fishdo on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:17 pm

Wembley1966 wrote:It's not just the bottom clubs losing out - there would also be a reduction in the parachute payments that are paid out over 3 years after relegation.

Is that part of the same discussion mate?

I read about PL being told to get more money into lower leagues and grass roots etc and some were saying that Scudamore was looking to rob one to pay the other rather than actually reorganise the whole way the PL finance themselves and football in general...

But once the bad PR started it seemed to go quiet...

Is this particular issue with increased merit awards all part of same thing ?
Fishdo

Re: Klopp: wrong choice (Investment rumours)

Postby comebackjoecole on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:43 am

comebackjoecole wrote:I'd rather have super rich owners with deep pockets who freely admit this is a commercial enterprise
and they are in to make money, rather than our 2 bob owners who hide behind the "we are fans" talk,
and are only in it to make money really

Plus I'd rather not have a Tory Lord on our board, that hurts.

a year later, nothing changes in my opinion
comebackjoecole

Postby westhamshares on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:31 pm

benefit of hindsight eh :D

Liverpool have re-established themselves as a top 4 team with several top if not 1 possibly 2 world class players and we have established ourselves as a bottom 4 team, if not this season then next unless the clowns running the asylum are gone ASAP.

and to think we thought klopp had joined the wrong team.......
westhamshares

Postby Hammersfaniow on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:36 pm

westhamshares wrote:benefit of hindsight eh

Liverpool have re-established themselves as a top 4 team with several top if not 1 possibly 2 world class players and we have established ourselves as a bottom 4 team, if not this season then next unless the clowns running the asylum are gone ASAP.

and to think we thought klopp had joined the wrong team.......

Fear not, we have a five point plan and a promise from our owners that was made a few years ago to ensure that.....oh, hang on....

I see your point, Klopp must be rueing the day he turned us down :lol:
Hammersfaniow

Postby mushy on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Quite westhamshares.
I think many on here were having a good old laugh at Klopp for picking the 'wrong' club.
Same old, same old.
mushy

Re: Rogers has gone from Liverpool

Postby Vic_Watson on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:11 pm

Colours never run wrote:So you think we could be title contenders by next season?

Jinxed wrote:Possibly, definitely the season after

8-)
Vic_Watson

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion