Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by Diogenes »

There are plenty of big games to play before the January window. Hart will either play very well or he won't. That will determine primarily our goalkeeping postion for 18/19. Unless a silly offer comes in they will keep Adrian until the summer.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

hammers92 wrote:In the summer, the gossip rumours had Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool looking at him. Adrian was being looked at by Newcastle and there lies the difference.
what difference mate? it's rumours, in the end they play for the same team.

hammers92 wrote:I believe Hart knows exactly what he’s in for with West Ham
yep. a second year of purgatory.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Victor Valdes won it all with Barca, won it f**king all, hands up who ever thought Victor Valdes was a top drawer goalie.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Jumby wrote:Victor Valdes won it all with Barca, won it f**king all, hands up who ever thought Victor Valdes was a top drawer goalie.
6 League titles
6 Spanish Super Cups
3 Champions Leagues
2 Copa Del Reys
2 Uefa Super Cups
2 Club World Cups

I thought he was nothing more than decent, like Adrian and Hart. The only thing that separates them is form and confidence.
Graza

Post by Graza »

DDHammer wrote: I thought he was nothing more than decent, like Adrian and Hart. The only thing that separates them is form and confidence.
And the players in front of them...
Hamburger
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by Hamburger »

Anyone think Adrian will start against Liverpool? I do, especially if he does well against Totts.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

No.
He should do. But he won't
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

Hamburger wrote:.
Anyone think Adrian will start against Liverpool? I do, especially if he does well against Totts.
Would n't think so..

If Slav struggled to put him in for Randy he's not going to put him in for Hart.
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

Agreed, the board have paid too much to recruit Hart to allow Slav / Craig Shakespeare / Frank DeBoer / Pards (delete as applicable come Monday) to drop him.

Whilst I think Slavs time is up I would prefer our ‘director of footballs’ time ito be up, Adrian was a perfectly adequate keeper for us, I would have been happy to start the season with him and to have spent Harts money elsewhere on the pitch.

We have so many problems at West Ham and Adrian wasn’t/isn’t one of them.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

He plays very well against Spurs, he keeps his place. Simple as that. Sick of constantly rotating Keepers trying to be clever. They perform well, they keep their place, they play below an acceptable level, they get dropped regardless of who they are.

Even if hypothetically Hart isn't our main Keeper come the end of the season, he doesnt have to wprry about being on the plane for Russia as he's a shoe-in for the England squad having proved his worth. It's now about what's best for West Ham and for me, Hart isn't in great form and has been part of a few battering now thus season so something isn't right there. Could be down to formation but I can't overlook whether it might also be him at the moment. Losing 3-0 to a newly promoted Brighton side at home is simply not good enough and I think recalling Adrian should be prove his worth in the Cup should keep his place on merit. It's not like Hart hasn't been given every opportunity to keep his spot, we've been more than patient after some very poor displays from us this season.
Hamburger
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by Hamburger »

Anyone think Adrian will start against Liverpool? I do, and Colours does, especially if he does well against Totts.
Last edited by Hamburger on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Not a chance.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

West Hams number 1 :scarfer:
kevino
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by kevino »

Time to get players back in who will die for the cause. That includes Noble, Collins (when fit) and Adrian. Sad though it may be
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by danm79 »

Anyone think Adrian will start against Liverpool? I do, and Colours does, especially if he does well against Totts.
Sullivan will not let Slav play Adrian in the Premier League if Joe Hart if fit. Even DG didnt want to sign Hart apparently.

The players do not get on with Hart, Hart makes zero/limited effort to mix with them.
rciron
Has liked: 297 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

mrbluesky wrote:Agreed, the board have paid too much to recruit Hart to allow Slav / Craig Shakespeare / Frank DeBoer / Pards (delete as applicable come Monday) to drop him.

Whilst I think Slavs time is up I would prefer our ‘director of footballs’ time ito be up, Adrian was a perfectly adequate keeper for us, I would have been happy to start the season with him and to have spent Harts money elsewhere on the pitch.

We have so many problems at West Ham and Adrian wasn’t/isn’t one of them.
:thup: said this till im blue in the face, unnecessary wa nk decision
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

danm79 wrote: Sullivan will not let Slav play Adrian in the Premier League if Joe Hart if fit. Even DG didnt want to sign Hart apparently.

The players do not get on with Hart, Hart makes zero/limited effort to mix with them.
Where have you heard this? I always thought he got along with the English core, plus he'd have Zabaleta too
Samassi Abou
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Samassi Abou »

I expect Adrian to start on Saturday. Will be very harsh if he doesn't considering Hart's showing against Brighton
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

danm79 wrote:The players do not get on with Hart, Hart makes zero/limited effort to mix with them.
This sounds like utter b*llocks.

For a start Noble is widely known to be heart beat of the changing room and Hart’s been mates with Noble for years...no pun intended.
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Really looks like he is part of the team, he has to start in the league.

Great player and I'm hoping he will stay. . .

:scarfer: