Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by Sir_Trevor »

My choice would be David Ospina. I thought he was one of the best keepers at the last World Cup and was jealous when L'Arse got him.

He hasn't been a success there but that is not unusual. He is, however, now settled and familiar with the English game and could turn out like Gomes at Watford, who now looks like a very sound keeper, having looked like a clown at Spuds.

Ospina was in the press the other day saying he is looking for another Prem club. Very gettable and a good fit for us, seeing as I imagine he might jump at a chance to be a first choice while staying in London.
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

David Ospina is nothing special, Adrian is better than him.

Again, of all the areas of the team that need fixing, the starting goalkeeper is not one of them.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

brothernero wrote:David Ospina is nothing special, Adrian is better than him.

Again, of all the areas of the team that need fixing, the starting goalkeeper is not one of them.
Disagree. A good goalie instills more confidence in defenders. Imho Adrian is usually a good shot stopper but even then this can fail him. However, he is not commanding enough of his area and crosses do cause him problems from what I have seen.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Have you seen De Gea, world class shot stopper, no command of his area, coming for crosses etc
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Considering the chances we gave them yesterday I didnt think he was that bad. Still mind boggling how no-one had the back post or take charge of stopping Milner doing a Nolan in front of him.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

New Right Back
New Centre Half x 2
New Left Back, maybe
New Central Midfielder x 2
New Reserve Keeper

We don't need a new number 1 and we certainly haven't got the money for one.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Well we're probably going to lose our Spanish stopper this summer. If Adrian makes a mistake, or we just concede a few, he gets dropped. If Hart f**ks up he carries on.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Jumby wrote:Well we're probably going to lose our Spanish stopper this summer. If Adrian makes a mistake, or we just concede a few, he gets dropped. If Hart f**ks up he carries on.
'Spanish stopper' You are bang on with that comment , that is all he is
ihateroeder
Has liked: 32 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by ihateroeder »

MOYes must be under instruction to play Hart!
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Never going to be a fan are you, Puff :lol:
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

We are going to piss off one player who loves playing for us for the sake of babysitting one who's off in a handful of matches.

Bring back Adrian
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Jumby wrote:Never going to be a fan are you, Puff :lol:
Once again, you're bang on. I have never been his greatest fan. Average goalkeeper, nothing more
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

kayahammer wrote:We are going to piss off one player who loves playing for us for the sake of babysitting one who's off in a handful of matches.

Bring back Adrian
:thup:
Caltagir

Post by Caltagir »

Yes, he is an average keeper. But he is made to appear less than the sum of his parts by a defence which is inadequate, aged - for the most part - and slow.
Any keeper, no matter their skill, will appear poor behind a defence which is not fit for purpose.
And it isn’t just the defence. Yesterday, we actually closed down and harried for the ball. All too frequently we don’t.
Put together the team’s weaknesses and you’ll know to look elsewhere first, or we end up spunking out our cash for a keeeper and forgetting the fact that the four/five in front all need replacing.
Cresswell may be salvageable IF we buy well. Rice has massive potential. Injuries and age take the rest. Reid is made of shattered glass; Zabaleta and Ginge, though both excellent on their day, have lost any pace they had and are exposed by any forward who hasn’t; Ogbonna is the exception that proves the rule; Byram is rivalling Carroll for injury records; Masuaku is now more of a winger and is good going forward but not exactly up to muster defensively; Evra is so old and slow that I, in my rotundity, could outpace him and Oxford’s head may explode with his own sense of his own brilliance before we see anything worthwhile from him.
Change the defence and THEN consider the keeper.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

I don't care what anyone says, you can't ruin it for me, Puff :lol:

I love Adrian, I think he's normally good to brilliant, every keeper makes mistakes, Adrian doesn't make anymore than any of the big clubs stoppers, and he has saved our bacon on so many occasions, he makes saves he shouldn't be able to.

Replacing him with someone as good, or better, would cost a f**king fortune, Everton paid 30m for a keeper that isn't an improvement on Adrian, Pickford makes more mistakes.

The GSB have spent more on Harts season long loan than they have on every keeper they've signed for us, combined, incredible.
Forever Moore

Post by Forever Moore »

kayahammer wrote:We are going to piss off one player who loves playing for us for the sake of babysitting one who's off in a handful of matches.

Bring back Adrian
Absolutely spot on. :thup:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Jumby wrote:I don't care what anyone says, you can't ruin it for me, Puff :lol:

I love Adrian, I think he's normally good to brilliant, every keeper makes mistakes, Adrian doesn't make anymore than any of the big clubs stoppers, and he has saved our bacon on so many occasions, he makes saves he shouldn't be able to.

Replacing him with someone as good, or better, would cost a f**king fortune, Everton paid 30m for a keeper that isn't an improvement on Adrian, Pickford makes more mistakes.

The GSB have spent more on Harts season long loan than they have on every keeper they've signed for us, combined, incredible.
Whatever mate, but when we do sign a better all round goalkeeper and not just the shot stopper that is Adrian, it is then that you will spot his inadequacies. I do, however, agree with your last sentence, but would have no qualms about Adrian being our number two behind someone like Muslera or Rui Patricio
MD_HM
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Bring back Adrian
But is it Moyes or Sullivan and no doubt nothing to do with form and all to do without Hart’s England place.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3049 likes

Post by MB »

Bilic dropped him and now Moyes has dropped him. Are there issues off the pitch?
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

MB wrote:Bilic dropped him and now Moyes has dropped him. Are there issues off the pitch?
I think previously a contract issue and now an expensive loan signing that needs to be justified involving a player who is desperate to go to the World Cup.

We'll appreciate how good Adrian was when Vorm is dropping crosses into his own net.