Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

FEH

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by FEH »

Jumby wrote:Sullivan has to feel like a tw@t after his comments regarding the goalkeeper situation and the signing of Hart, earlier in the season, what a plonker.
Yes indeed! Mr Chairman is a baffling person having said he signed the best goalkeeper he has worked with (Hart) and now he says it's down to Slav who wanted Hart. Snodgrass ranted about Slav didnt know where to play him and it sounded like Snodgrass wasnt a Slav's signing then,, but now Mr Chairman says it is down to Slav who wanted older players.. :eh:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Jumby wrote:Sullivan has to feel like a tw@t after his comments regarding the goalkeeper situation and the signing of Hart, earlier in the season, what a plonker.

Yep, idiotic comment to add to a long list.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

great to have him back in the team. second half he was shouting at the fans to get behind the team more. passion runs through him.

two great saves to the left that kept us in it.

feel for hart but Adrian has the jersey now.

a glass of san Miguel to celebrate a fine performance.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1086 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Had very little to do yesterday but what he did have to do he did well so keeps the jersey

It's unfortunate for Hart...had he played in the set up we have played the last couple of games I am not convinced performances or results would have been different

Adrian did the basics right which both he and Hart have been guilty at getting wrong recently...so credit to him. Life's a lot easier when you have a team of players doing their job in front if you though
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

He came off his line for crosses which he dealt with (something Hart has been struggling with), made important saves to keep a clean sheet, distribution spot on and didn't stop barking out the right orders all game to his team mates to do the jobs asked of them. He was even clever by relieving pressure on the team when we needed it at the back by milking a knock he got, he knew what he was doing. He was another key reason as to why we won today. Couldn't fault him.
ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by ChzMff »

I thought Adrian did well yesterday and am happy to see him back but disagree with the positive comments around his distribution. His kicking was pretty poor, both out of his hands and on the floor.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

westlondonhammer wrote:Had very little to do yesterday but what he did have to do he did well so keeps the jersey

It's unfortunate for Hart...had he played in the set up we have played the last couple of games I am not convinced performances or results would have been different

Adrian did the basics right which both he and Hart have been guilty at getting wrong recently...so credit to him. Life's a lot easier when you have a team of players doing their job in front if you though

I do, the two saves Adrian made to his left yesterday would have been left in by Hart. He cannot stop shots to his left very well.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by MadMart »

From day one I have been banging on about how we didn't need Joe (DS's little ego trip pet project).
STATS:
Joe Hart - 14 games and conceded 30 goals - average = 2.14 goals per game conceded - win rate = 14%
Adrian - 5 games and conceded 4 goals - average = 0.8 goal per game conceded - win rate = 80%

Yes, Adrian has only played 5 games, but 3 were against Spurs, Man City and Chelsea - it's the same **** defence for both - and Joe Hart is costing £110,000 per week - we didn't need him Mr Sullivan and he ain't England's No.1 no more.

Adrian deserves the shirt on stats alone
happydaystoytown
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 101 likes

Post by happydaystoytown »

This bloke is right up there as one of my favourite Hammers in recent years.

No players, especially keepers are infallible, so I hope we can just let him do his job without him being under the microscope every week.

When he does make a mistake, as he surely will at some point, lets cut him some slack.

I really don't want to see Hart between the sticks, in a West Ham shirt again.

Decent enough keeper but overrated, overpaid and just not my cup of tea!
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Course he doesn't. He is a ****ing helmet and will spin it and blame someone/something else.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

Don't hold your breath mate.
Rowly
Has liked: 109 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

Post by Rowly »

Sullivan wouldn't feel twat even with his Mrs. laying next to him knickers off legs akimbo!
wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Post by wildkard »

Adrian made some good saves, one if which made me think "if that had been Hart it would've gone in". Another huge positive of Adrian starting and Hart being benched is that all the tin foil hat merchants will stop banging on about the "fact" that Hart has a clause in his contract stating he must play when fit. Let's put that to bed once and for all shall we?
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

happydaystoytown wrote:This bloke is right up there as one of my favourite Hammers in recent years
I agree. He gets us.
westhamshares
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by westhamshares »

no doubt that Adrian deserves to be given a little run and hopefully when he makes the inevitable gaffe he wont immediately be benched

Hart who I have nothing against was not a loan/purchase we needed. it was to raise the profile of the club as we had loaned the England no.1 says all you need to know about the people who run the club who only look at the £ signs and even then misread them badly.

those of us lucky enough to watch west ham in flesh regularly can tell you that Adrian is one of the most passionate players in the c&b - what you often don't see is him barking orders and clearly getting worked up by what is going on in front of him
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3034 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

westhamshares wrote: those of us lucky enough to watch west ham in flesh regularly
:?

It's the way you tell 'em . You're on fire this morning .
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

I see moyes said hart will still play many games this season. Sounds like Adrian only has to have the odd iffy game and hart will come straight in. While he's here, Joe hart plays for joe hart while Adrian plays for West Ham.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Hart must have been gutted hearing Adrian as MotM on the stadium's PA.

Looks solid and confident
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

I've always felt like Hart is a stranger in our team when he is playing. Like he just doesn't belong here.

Whenever a goal goes in he moans and holds his hands up and looks to the sky as if to say 'what the hell am I doing here.' I think this has a negative psychological effect with the players in front of him. He's also just not been playing too well, and keeps pushing shots straight into the path of onrushing strikers for them to get the rebound rather than out of danger.

I feel much more safer with Adrian in goal. He talks to the defenders with a positive, motivational attitude, geeing them up when they are performing well. He also has more of a 'you're not going to beat me' type attitude in the big games.

If I was a West Ham defender I would much prefer to have somebody with Adrian's personality behind me than Joe Hart's. I think it does make a huge difference to the defence having a familiar figure behind them in goal and someone they feel comfortable around, who inspires confidence.

I also think that having more familiar West Ham-loyal players like Adrian in the lineup makes a positive difference to the atmosphere in the crowd too.