Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Postby Yea Why Not on Sun May 07, 2017 12:35 pm

Colours never run wrote:Our new cult hero.

Putting his qualities aside for a second, I find his character absolutely spot on and extremely professional. He's what we've been missing at the back organising everything to the letter. The players trust him.

I also find him funny as **** both intentionally and unintentionally.
I love a West ham nutter, me.

I agree with that. I also love a West Ham nutter. Just not sure we should have one in goal :lol:
Yea Why Not

Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sun May 07, 2017 12:43 pm

Yea Why Not wrote: Very good shot stopper but the way he makes a meal out of simple situations is my major gripe with him and always has been. For me a keeper should be a simple player, not a flair player. Ben Foster is an example of a solid keeper in my personal opinion

In best Maximus Decimus Meridius voice - ' Are You Not Entertained ??? ' .

Adrian has given the players around him confidence to play their own game , it's no coincidence that we're performing better since his return as Goalkeeper .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Rio on Sun May 07, 2017 12:51 pm

The team looks much more confident with him in goal.

He also makes saves that Randolph never could. At times it's incredibly unorthodox but it works. More commanding, more confident, a better distributor and communicator.

He's not perfect but he's a damm good keeper. Hes paid his dues for the early season errors, come back and grabbed his chance.

The difference he makes to the team is there for all to see
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Postby Yea Why Not on Sun May 07, 2017 12:55 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:
In best Maximus Decimus Meridius voice - ' Are You Not Entertained ??? ' .

Adrian has given the players around him confidence to play their own game , it's no coincidence that we're performing better since his return as Goalkeeper .
I guess we'll never actually know if Adrian's return has made a real difference as it coincided with us going 5 at the back. We're more solid since then for sure but are also less potent going forward. Personally I'm not sure that formation is a long term solution but should get us over the line this season. Same goes for Adrian

And yea, he is entertaining but again, is that a trait that should be associated with a goalie?! :D
Last edited by Yea Why Not on Sun May 07, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yea Why Not

Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Postby Colours never run on Sun May 07, 2017 12:57 pm

He looks obsessed about trying to stop a goal going in and gets himself wound up when we do. It visibly bothers him. Whereas with Randolph who nonchalantly chews his gum gives off an air he's much less bothered. That might not be true but its the impression I get when I compare the two.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby ereford ammer on Sun May 07, 2017 1:38 pm

Rio wrote:The team looks much more confident with him in goal.

He also makes saves that Randolph never could. At times it's incredibly unorthodox but it works. More commanding, more confident, a better distributor and communicator.

He's not perfect but he's a damm good keeper. Hes paid his dues for the early season errors, come back and grabbed his chance.

Exactly.
ereford ammer

Postby miles on Sun May 07, 2017 1:44 pm

You can't help but love the joker. :D
miles
This site...

Postby Colours never run on Sun May 07, 2017 4:53 pm

I will never get. Bored of seeing that pose. He's definitely a West Ham piss taker. Seeing that flash up on the giant big screens at the time made me die laughing. :lol:
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Jumby on Sun May 07, 2017 7:44 pm

6 clean sheets in 14 league games. I tell you what, we've not done badly for clean sheets this season given our league position and how bad we've been at times, 10 in 36 games is pretty impressive, if we can add 5 more to that next season we're finishing 7th.
Jumby

Postby Vienna on Sun May 07, 2017 7:52 pm

A lot of West Ham fans understand how good he actually is, but some just underrate him so much. I wouldn't swap him for any keeper in the league, he is West Ham.
Vienna

Postby bowltorious on Sun May 07, 2017 8:55 pm

Hopefully his contract issues or whatever it was can be resolved as if he stays it saves us 10-15 mil in not having to buy a new keeper. Always seen him as in the top 10 keepers in the league.
bowltorious

Postby Jumby on Sun May 07, 2017 10:06 pm

Only De Gea is better.

Cech, Foster, Robles, Bravo and Mignolet aren't as good.

Schmeichel, Heaton and Lloris are on par with El Matador.

:scarfer:
Jumby

Postby Monkeybubbles on Sun May 07, 2017 10:29 pm

miles wrote:Image

You can't help but love the joker. :D

I'm pretty sure that every other keeper in the league would throw a paddy if they had to wear that shocking kit. Adrian though, you know he's all like "Si si si, a Tigger onesie, theees eees gonna be a fuuuuun party".
Monkeybubbles

Postby kayahammer on Mon May 08, 2017 1:36 am

He's had more clean sheets than a virgin bride and her erectile dysfunctional groom on their honeymoon
kayahammer

Postby kayahammer on Mon May 08, 2017 1:51 am

Rio wrote:The team looks much more confident with him in goal.

This in a nutshell
kayahammer

Postby steveherts66 on Mon May 08, 2017 5:34 am

A nutter who seems like a stand up guy who puts in some excellent performances in big games.... how West Ham is that!
steveherts66

Postby jaybs on Mon May 08, 2017 8:50 am

Have so much respect for Adrian, will a better offer tempt him or will he think its time to return home and end on a high! while we will look at who? no way does Randolph have the same control both with his defence and handling the goal mouth!
jaybs

Postby swash on Mon May 08, 2017 9:26 am

Love the bloke,really hope he stays for a long time, Slav's biggest mistake, leaving him out for so long
swash

Postby LeonRivers on Mon May 08, 2017 9:29 am

Rio wrote:The difference he makes to the team is there for all to see

Can we be sure it's not down to Jonathan Calleri's introduction to the first XI?
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Mon May 08, 2017 9:30 am

bowltorious wrote:Hopefully his contract issues or whatever it was can be resolved as if he stays it saves us 10-15 mil in not having to buy a new keeper. Always seen him as in the top 10 keepers in the league.

Contract Issue? As I understood it, if we wanted to extend his contract we just had to say so. And we did.
LeonRivers

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion