Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Carlton'sGoal

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by Carlton'sGoal »

They're both idiots.

Sullivan needs to learn to just zip it sometimes (I can't believe that our PR department or anyone in the club didn't flag this before it went on the official site)

Adrian shouldn't throw his toys out the pram, if you have a problem, go to the chairman direct.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Colours never run wrote:I'm ****ing fuming about Sullivan's I'll times comments regarding Hart which inadvertently mugs off Adrian in the process. Just no need to say that rocking the boat when Adrian appears as happy as Larry to accept stiff competition. Sometimes he just does himself no favours at all and can't think before he speaks.

I don't blame Adrian in the slightest for having the hump.
:thup:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Carlton'sGoal wrote:Adrian shouldn't throw his toys out the pram, if you have a problem, go to the chairman direct.
I don't think he did that. I thought his response was dignified, polite and showed the sort of determination you want from your team.
Carlton'sGoal

Post by Carlton'sGoal »

DasNutNock wrote:I don't think he did that. I thought his response was dignified, polite and showed the sort of determination you want from your team.
Perhaps, but I still think that it's unnecessary. I don't think sullivan said anything that was majorly inflammatory. Stupid to say, yes.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

There's lots of words I can aim at him but only one word I can think of which fits best for Sullivan and it is, to be fair, a very good word.

Plonker.

He's a silly fat little plonker.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ one of those words that make me chuckle
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1086 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:There's lots of words I can aim at him but only one word I can think of which fits best for Sullivan and it is, to be fair, a very good word.

Plonker.

He's a silly fat little plonker.
This

Or twit... I think that covers it too. Wally would be a bit soft...

Not a malicious man... just an excitable plonker who doesn't always think.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Storm in a tea cup comes to mind

Sullivan praising a keeper he has worked with in the past and in his opinion is the best ability wise..

if we had signed say Buffon and he had said something similar would adrian throw his toys out the pram?

this may be the tip of the iceberg with adrian.. there was clearly something wrong last season and maybe this is part of it rearing its head (speculation ofc)

You dont have a pop at your boss on twitter
BonzosBoots
Has liked: 49 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by BonzosBoots »

Not sure I have an issue with either of them. Sullivan says that Hart was the best keeper he has ever worked with while at Birmingham and Adrian says I am still here fighting to defend the badge.

I see that as a positive from Adrian.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

It isn't a massive deal but Adrian's reaction isn't a big deal either so it's a bit of a non story really once you read it.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

YorksHammer wrote:
Surely it's for Bilic to decide who is going to be his number one between now and the Man United game, though? His comments on the signing were pretty clear that Hart will not just waltz in to his team and will have to prove he deserves to be between the sticks. I'm sure there will be a bit of his profile playing into that decision, but Slav certainly didn't sound like this is a case of Hart turning up and going straight in goal - even if it would be naive to not expect that to be what happens.

Like any other in the squad, Hart (and Adrian and Randolph) now need to prove that they should be the incumbent. And then it's up to the others to try and displace him.
Yes i agree
Hopefully Bilic won't be unduly swayed by Hart's bigger profile, or the fact that Sullivan clearly wants and expects him to be the No. 1
jastons
Has liked: 902 likes
Total likes: 859 likes

Post by jastons »

I wonder just how much time Sully has actually spent working with Joe Hart as opposed to being his employer?
swash
Has liked: 141 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by swash »

Trouble is as well that was Hart 7 years ago, the Hart of today has taken a good few knocks over the last year or two, so the jury is out until anyone can say how good Hart is at present.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

My take on all this for what it's worth is that we surely did not need to sign Hart. There cannot be that much between him and Adrian and I feel the money should have been spent somewhere else like (obviously) addressing the striker situation. if we sign a couple of quality strikers instead of trying to make do with the two unreliably injury prone strikers we have now then I will take it all back. FFS when did Sakho actually play 90 minutes and does he actually want to be at WHU? And will they even be fit come Old Trafford in three weeks time? :fsake:
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

jastons wrote:I wonder just how much time Sully has actually spent working with Joe Hart as opposed to being his employer?
My first thought on this regarded his use of the word "worked" rather than say "the best keeper I've signed" or similar. "Worked with" is something managers, DOFs, team mates do. Sully gave something away with the use of that word.

Class from Adrian in response to Sullivan's can't-help-himself twattery, that's if it wasn't an effort by Sullivan to piss off our other keepers so one/ both might think about agitating for a move.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Adrian is really cutting a frustrated figure at the club at the moment. Demoralised from being dropped at the start of the season and then having to watch his colleague make constant mistakes before finally getting his place back and he's been pegged back again. I don't fully agree with his backlash today but it just continues to show his frustration at the club. Slav's public dropping along with now the owners means he'll be gone soon.

Next season we'll be in a worse position with our goalkeepers.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

I presume Sullivan wants at least one them ask to leave and save a few quid.

What does Hart bring ?
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

I'd love to think Adrian will want to stay and fight for his place, but I couldn't blame him for not doing so.

Yesterday's social media snafu suggests either is possible. Adrian is easily good enough to be 1st choice for a decent Premiership club; one of which is West Ham United.

I'd be stunned if Hart isn't 1st choice (why else sign him?), so we now have a situation whereby our 2 previous keepers who were evenly matched by the management (even if not by most of the fans) must be asking themselves plenty of questions.

From a selfish point of view, I'd love to see Adrian stay and battle Hart for the number 1 position; it'd keep Hart on his toes much more than if Randy stays. But yeah, couldn't blame Adrian for sodding off for 1st team football. I suspect that's what will happen.

David James or Shaka again, in some ways...
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Kept his cool when being dropped last season, but i understand his frustration at thi. Why does Sully even need to say this.

And I thought the Daves had learned their lesson and were keeping schtum re social media.
hongkonghammer

Post by hongkonghammer »

Don't see the big deal. Sullivan didn't say anything inflammatory simply stated Hart is the best keeper he has worked with...which is probably a fact. Adrian has never hit the heights of Hart at his peak. Debatable if Harts peak is past him and time will tell. Not particularly smart move on Adrian's part but like wise not a big deal. Nothing to see here..move along