Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bobbymooresbracelet

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

Lloris is the best goalkeeper in the league imho.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1453 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Romford wrote: I'd think we'd be up there if we had the same lack of injuries to our back 5 .
This. I can't remember a single occasion this year when we seemed to put more than 2 or 3 games together with the same back 5.

Collins and Reid also got injured when they were just coming into top form. Hopefully when Bilic is looking at right-backs in the summer he can try and find someone who can maintain a similar injury record to Cresswell.

If I'm being honest, I reckon the single biggest difference between us Leicester City has been the fact that they have been able to put an unchanged side out more times than we have. Payet's as good as Mahrez, Sakho's as good as Vardy, and the rest of the first XI is all comparable. If only we could have kept them all relatively fit it would have been a very different story.
fredjstanley

Post by fredjstanley »

Agree with most of that Turns to Stone - I also think, however, that a key difference between Leicester and us is the fact that they have a prolific striker up top who can be relied on week in week out, while we have the occasionally brilliant but maddeningly inconsistent trio of Sakho, Valencia and Carroll up top.
Hot Bot

Post by Hot Bot »

Cockneyboy311 wrote: Gea
Lloris
Cech
Hart
Butland
Forster
Courtois (taking into account his previous 3 seasons)

The only keeper i'd swap Adrian for out of that lot would be De Gea. Adrian is as good as Lloris and all the others.
I agree with you CB. However, if they were our keeper would you actively want to swap any of them for Adrian if he was at another PL club? I don't think I would. They're all very good keepers at similar levels tbh!
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Romford wrote: I'd think we'd be up there if we had the same lack of injuries to our back 5 .
Turns to Stone wrote: This. I can't remember a single occasion this year when we seemed to put more than 2 or 3 games together with the same back 5.

Collins and Reid also got injured when they were just coming into top form. Hopefully when Bilic is looking at right-backs in the summer he can try and find someone who can maintain a similar injury record to Cresswell.

If I'm being honest, I reckon the single biggest difference between us Leicester City has been the fact that they have been able to put an unchanged side out more times than we have. Payet's as good as Mahrez, Sakho's as good as Vardy, and the rest of the first XI is all comparable. If only we could have kept them all relatively fit it would have been a very different story.
You're one of my favourite posters TtS, but I'm not having that ! :lol:
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

sendô wrote:He just needs to cut out those eccentric errors from his game
Agree with this, especially when we have a very impressive looking number 2 waiting for his chance in the league
trick88

Post by trick88 »

Definitely, it was the problem with De Gea when he first joined Man Utd and now he has his professionalism in check near enough all the time he could fit into any team on the planet.
kalashnikov

Post by kalashnikov »

I love some stats and find this extremely interesting and impressive..

https://public.tableau.com/profile/paul ... ePositions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

By my reckoning he has now saved the most penalties in premier league history. :)
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

According to Slaven ( http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016 ... ansea-City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) he is out for the season with a minor calf injury.

There have been certain calls for Randolph to get a start in the league, well now he gets a start or three
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Gutted for Adrian, he's been fantastic and I thought that a top display against Man Utd in the coming game would maybe grab him a place in the Spain Euros side.

Randy has been brilliant as a replacement though and not since the Craig Forrest and Lama days have I felt so confident in our reserve keeper.
kalashnikov

Post by kalashnikov »

I'm a massive fan of stats and wanted to draw attention to this great interactive representation of shots on goal faced by PL keepers since 2010.

Adrian's stats are quite remarkable, incredibly consistent.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

He's a brilliant keeper, especially when it comes to one on ones, and quick reflex saves.
only1post
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by only1post »

Despite hitting the ball long too many times on Sunday, thought he had a great game.
Now Burke and Samuelsen have signed new deals, it just leaves Adrian with a contract ending 2017.
Hopefully he will be signing on the dotted line soon.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

I think he is fantastic, one of the best in the league.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Great shot stopper, occasional howler but shows what I want to see in our players. Passion. :crest:
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

TheHandOfDog wrote:Great shot stopper, occasional howler but shows what I want to see in our players. Passion.
Sat next to his dad and brothers at the Juventus game and they were big WHU fans, spent the whole game cheering and shouting, especially for Antonio. Dad was clearly very proud and very happy that his son was at West Ham. :scarfer:
Everard
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Everard »

Maybe a cult hero, but this is one position we could really do with improving on.
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Everard wrote:Maybe a cult hero, but this is one position we could really do with improving on.
He has let a couple of weakfish shots get past him when making good contact needs to work on his stopping.
Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 425 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Swiss Pauli »

Dropped some clangers today. Given Bilic a choice to make, but I think we should give him a chance to show these were isolated incidents.