Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by Jumby »

brothernero wrote:Adrian did nothing to deserve to be dropped, yet Hart keeps making mistakes over and over.

Saddest thing of all is the fact that we are only playing Hart in order to help him win a World Cup place.

Doing that while ****ting on our own perfectly good goalkeeper is an utter disgrace.

I don't care about Joe Hart and if he goes to the World Cup or not, I don't give a jot about the England team, I do however care about what happens to West Ham United. Adrian should be back in goal and never should have been dropped.
Joe Hart is the poster boy of a shambolic season, from personnel to public relations, transfer business to merchandise, the whole thing has been a complete and utter f**king mess.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

brothernero wrote:I don't care about Joe Hart and if he goes to the World Cup or not, I don't give a jot about the England team
and even if you did, you wouldn't want hart ****ing up there too!
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Honestly not a clue how he has been dropped for both Randolph and Hart, I think he is a very good keeper, if he was English would be massively hyped, if he was any better he wouldn't be here, he made the bleeding Spain squad at one point, his form was that good.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

fmgod wrote:Honestly not a clue how he has been dropped for both Randolph and Hart, I think he is a very good keeper, if he was English would be massively hyped, if he was any better he wouldn't be here, he made the bleeding Spain squad at one point, his form was that good.
It's a joke and West Ham, Bilic, Moyes, Woods and Sully should be ashamed of themselves the way a top quality consistent keeper has been treated. He would certainly have quite a few England caps, if he were from here or back up to that clown Hart at that level too?.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

He’s been dropped by two managers for goalkeepers who on the face of it seem inferior. There has to be something more to it.

Either Adrian doesn’t even turn up in training or there’s something contractual and Sullivan doesn’t want to pay.

Alternatively Adrian may have made his intention to leave clear so Moyes is seeing if Hart can earn a contract. I’d probably do the same if I were him.
bbhammer

Post by bbhammer »

Adrian must play rest of season surely ,should never have been dropped,gives 100% every game ,unlike a lot this season

Harts got to go along with Moyes end of season,i don't think i can watch this one striker up front at home to bottom 3 teams next year

Give me Randolph all day over Hart as well :scarfer:
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

thejackhammer wrote:He’s been dropped by two managers for goalkeepers who on the face of it seem inferior. There has to be something more to it.

Either Adrian doesn’t even turn up in training or there’s something contractual and Sullivan doesn’t want to pay.

Alternatively Adrian may have made his intention to leave clear so Moyes is seeing if Hart can earn a contract. I’d probably do the same if I were him.
I think there could be contract issues, given how we're run.
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Adrian as a character 9/10. As a keeper 6 or perhaps 7/10. To really progress you need a 9/10.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Diogenes wrote:Adrian as a character 9/10. As a keeper 6 or perhaps 7/10. To really progress you need a 9/10.
So really you need a Neuer or a De Gea.

We aren't going to do better than sixth at the absolute limit for the next three years, Adrian is plenty good enough for that.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Jumby wrote:
So really you need a Neuer or a De Gea.

We aren't going to do better than sixth at the absolute limit for the next three years, Adrian is plenty good enough for that.
Those two are the top of the tree and arguably the best in the world and would only move to another top team where they will win trophies. Of the next tier below, no, we are not in the frame, but the tier beneath that, is where we should be searching. What continues to intrigue me in your universal adulation for Adrian, is what you see when he plays? Do you ever watch his footwork? because it is largely non existent. That is why he is often seen diving across goal, belly first. Do you see him organising his defence? Do you watch his positioning?or do you merely assess him on shot stopping? When watching the world's top keepers, you should notice, the saves they don't have to make, that is because goalkeepers see everything, theirs is the only position on the field that does. Next time you turn on your TV and watch one of the world's top goalkeepers in action, try to avoid watching the play, or following the ball, watch the keeper and look for all the above. It will be uncanny the number of times you will notice, defenders doing their business and the GK not being called into action. That is due to his properly organising his defence as he observes the move developing and also, it is no fluke the number of times a shot go's straight at him. You will probably see that happen to De Gea this coming weekend and incidentally, Manuel Nauer is expert at this as was Gianluigi Buffon
Leedo1

Post by Leedo1 »

Brilliant post from puff daddy!
Adrian is so over rated. Don’t rate either keeper and a new keeper is needed. Adrian’s technique is pretty awful and really quiet awkward to watch.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

I don't think it really matters how he looks, Adrian has done a very decent job for us.

My main issue though, if we're too good for Adrian, who are we going to get then? It's all very well people coming on here and saying we need a 9/10 keeper but just how do you think we're going to do that? And that's my point, Adrian is as good as we could wish for right now, Randy had a go and f**ked it, Hart has had a go and f**ked it, just give the shirt to Adrian, find a decent understudy and then concentrate on building an outfield team that can get us moving up the table, making money and thus making us able to sign these 9/10 players that are being mentioned, albeit nameless 9/10 players, but when you apply that to the goalkeeper position what you get is Neuer or De Gea, and we certainly aren't in a position to be attracting players like that right now.
Last edited by Jumby on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Jumby wrote:I don't think it really matters how he looks, Adrian has done a very decent job for us.........
Excellent post and I agree, give him a go. He is our number 1, tell him so and stop messing around with keepers, it hasn't worked so far.
Leedo1

Post by Leedo1 »

He has been given plenty of chances and each time he proves he’s not up to the task. 2 different managers have now dropped him, nice guy but not a good keeper. We should be looking. At the likes of pope, Heaton or foster. The defence have no confidence in either rod our keepers which is obvious to see.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

Adrian is too good for many of our supporters, wait till we have Ben Foster and then we will see a proper overated keeper, better than Hart granted, but so are Randy and Trott.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Leedo1 wrote:He has been given plenty of chances and each time he proves he’s not up to the task. 2 different managers have now dropped him, nice guy but not a good keeper. We should be looking. At the likes of pope, Heaton or foster. The defence have no confidence in either rod our keepers which is obvious to see.
Yeah, so not up to it that he got a call up to the Spanish national team.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

[quote="Jumby"]I don't think it really matters how he looks, Adrian has done a very decent job for us.

My post was not about how he looks, but why he looks like he does and about all his other shortfalls. What you and so many others see and indeed those who signed him saw, is merely his shot stopping, for which he is OK, but so he should be, all 92 league clubs have a decent shot stopper, that is their job, they all spend hours every week on their training grounds doing and perfecting that, but that is the easiest part of goalkeeping. However, so many goalkeepers concede goals, through poor positioning and lack of footwork forcing them to dive around their goal in vain attempts to keep the ball out, when better organising of their defence would have prevented them having to make a save at all. This was the essence of my post and it is these where he is seriously deficient.
Last edited by Puff Daddy on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Very good posts Puff about goalkeeping

Hart in his prime was better than Adrian, for the reasons you mention. However Adrian is better now, no doubt.

I am surprised and disapppinted adrian got dropped 2nd time round, although we had just shipped 8 in two games, and some times changing he keeper is seen as a an 'easy fix'

I like Adrian, great character, and I hope he stays, but I have never been completely convicted by his actual ability, and I have no doubt we can find a better and younger replacement. After all, Adrian himself was a relative unknown who had only played jalf a season in La Liga
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

We aren't going to attract anyone better at the moment so rather than continually f**king about with the goalkeeper position can't we focus elsewhere? We signed the England number one and he hasn't been better.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Jumby wrote:We aren't going to attract anyone better at the moment so rather than continually f**king about with the goalkeeper position can't we focus elsewhere? We signed the England number one and he hasn't been better.
No, but it was the right thing to do. The thinking behind signing Hart was entirely rational, and laudable. You were getting a keeper who had won everything in the domestic game, played in the Champions League, won several personal accolades and had been capped over 70 times by his country. He was also 30 years old when he was signed, which is young for a keeper. Had the transfer worked, we could have ended up getting a truly excellent keeper for a song, as Pep clearly has no interest in keeping him. It would also have been hailed as a bit of a coup.

Unfortunately, Hart's confidence has taken a bit of a battering over the past two years, ranging from the mistake against Iceland, to returning and being farmed out by Pep, for Claudio Bravo, to an Italian club with a relatively leaky defence. I recall reading about Jussi arriving at WHU in a similar state of mind, only for BFS to make all efforts possible to restore him, and in many respects he achieved that. Hart on the other had lacked the support of elements of the fanbase, and was not necessarily given the assistance required to return him to his former confidence .

Like I said, I believe the rational for the transfer to be sound. It hasn't worked out, and we can move on. But I don't think we are missing a trick if we end up selling Adrian and letting Hart go.