Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Yabish wrote:Adrian got dropped he was making howler after howler for weeks. Randy kept his place cos he didnt start making howlers till the last couple of weeks. Everyone needs to stop acting so righteous and on Slavs back for this.
'Howler after Howler for weeks?' WTF? You might have to list the goals he f**ked up on as the way you're talking its 10+ goals.

Only poor the last two weeks? Seriously? Randy AKA 'The Flapper' should have been dumped 3 months ago. Utter Managerial f**k up allowing this numpty to stay as our 1st choice.

We have called out Zola, Grant, Roeder + SA on sh*te decisions eg top of my head SA's f**k up at Sp*rs when he took off Noble & stuck on Carlton Cole when we were 2-0 up. When a Manager messes up it must be called out. Subbing Ayew today was stupidity + playing a 6-4-0 in the last 20 minutes was ridiculous, inviting Stoke on to get a winner + could have with the Crouch header. But still posters are blaming Noble or Bilics ridiculous sub's today/tactical naivety because 'He knows he's gone' FFS. None of that matters. Should be all ignored....

'As he gets us' * :x

*Croatian bloke that played 49 times for us.

Question. Does Stuart Downing get West Ham even more than Slav cos he played 69 matches for West Ham?
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Since returning although Adrian has not had a lot to do he has proves himself to be a safe pair of hands. Maybe the time out has done him good. It would be nice to get an upgrade, however what we must do is try ti sort the contract issue out. I doubt many bigger clubs will be queuing up to pay him more than us, so it shouldn't be too hard to sort out. He loves the fans and we love him.
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Ifebbubbles wrote: He loves the fans and we love him.
Hammer of the Year Runner Up twice in a row, was instrumental in our great season in 2015/16, errors in a couple of goals + gets dumped onto the bench for months.

No toys out of the pram after being dropped. Class act. I notice that Bilic commented that Randolph was 'disappointed' being dropped....basically b*tching (Dummy is so stupid to realise he fully deserved to be dropped), I don't remember Bilic mentioning Adrian whining...

Adrian, Reid, Collins, Noble, Kouyate, Antonio are 6 players that would be automatic starters for me. Those 6 are the 'characters' of our football club.

Adrian is a quality keeper & we could save £10m in the transfer market by offering him a new 3 year deal. I always said I believed it was a personality clash + I still believe that to this day.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Fantastic stop yesterday low down to his right. That's the sort of shot Randy has let in leaving me swearing at Bilic for picking him.

Long live sir Adrian
Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Ted Fenton »

HIs presence gives confidence to those in front of him. Long may he play.
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 454 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

Is he out of contact in the summer, or did we trigger the extension? Can't seem to find out!
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 454 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

Is he out of contact in the summer, or did we trigger the extension? Can't seem to find out!
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

Ludeksgloves wrote:Is he out of contact in the summer, or did we trigger the extension? Can't seem to find out!
A few media sources have indicated recently that we have taken up the option to extend his contract.

He is rumoured to be interesting a few clubs in La Liga so the general consensus is we've done this so we can still command a fee for him in the summer rather than him going on a Bosman.

No-one really knows for sure though but the only thing certain is it's good to have him back in goal. :thup:
sosc67

Post by sosc67 »

Was under the impression that Adrian was original dropped because of form and was not fully committed to stay after this season with us due to Betis and Celta Vigo making contact with the Club in the last transfer window.But i hope that is all in the past love for Adrian to be here for quiet a while.
wizzo_66
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Aside from his superior shot stopping and commanding confidence at set pieces and crosses, the speed and accuracy of his distribution has totally transformed our tempo as an entire team.

Many of us knew that all too well though. My only real question mark for the future of our manager. Double figures of points thrown by playing a vastly inferior option in a key position for half a season.

I'm not satisfied with Slavs explanation for dropping Adrian in the first place but I do admire him for having the courage to reverse the decision. But far far too late.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

wizzo_66 wrote:Aside from his superior shot stopping and commanding confidence at set pieces and crosses, the speed and accuracy of his distribution has totally transformed our tempo as an entire team.

Many of us knew that all too well though. My only real question mark for the future of our manager. Double figures of points thrown by playing a vastly inferior option in a key position for half a season.

I'm not satisfied with Slavs explanation for dropping Adrian in the first place but I do admire him for having the courage to reverse the decision. But far far too late.
His distribution was absolutely key to last season's performance and I've certainly noticed the improvement of GK distribution since he's returned

5 clean sheets this season in 13 games.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

After De Gea he's as good as any in the Prem. I've been saying that for two years now and nothing has happened to make me think otherwise.

We need a new back up, we do not need a new number one.
libero
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

Bilic's stubborness re Adrian/Randolph has made me start to wonder if he's not the right manager to "take us forward" as they say.

It is so very clearly obvious that Adrian is a much better 'keeper than Randolph that not bringing him back into the team months ago is tantamount to complete management incompetence . Adrian's shot stopping, cross catching, distribution and personality are in a different league to anything Randy offers in those key areas. That Bilic can't see something so very obvious is extremely worrying and undermines him as a manager in my opinion.

If the reason for playing Randy ahead of Adrian is because Bilic fell out with Adrian and kept him out of the team because of "personal problems" between them, then that's equally worrying and a sign of someone getting his man management wrong and putting his ego ahead of the needs of the team and the club.

He seems to have done the same with Arbeloa - also counterproductive given our injury/fitness and fullback problem - but not nearly as serious as messing about with the goalkeeping position

Adrian is, inevitably, proving Bilic very wrong indeed, and I think this will prove costly for the manager in the summer
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Jumby wrote:After De Gea he's as good as any in the Prem. I've been saying that for two years now and nothing has happened to make me think otherwise.

We need a new back up, we do not need a new number one.
Mate he's not even on Foster's level let a lone the likes of Lloris, Cech ect
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Ben 'Bacon Butty' Foster? Nah, sorry pal, Big Aidy sh!ts on him from a height.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Jumby wrote:Ben 'Bacon Butty' Foster? Nah, sorry pal, Big Aidy sh!ts on him from a height.
Your opinion and that's fine. Doubt you'll find many people outside of West Ham who'd agree though

Foster's been one of the best keepers in the league this year while Adrian has been playing second fiddle to Randolph. A new first choice keeper this summer should be way up our list of priorities
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Foster has had a side in front of him that plays Pulis Powerball, Adrian has had a sack of sh!te in from of him for the majority of games he's played. Despite this El Matador has kept 5 clean sheets in 13 league matches and two on the bounce since returning to the side. He lost his place to Randolph due to a poor decision from the manager, the world and his wife could see that.

He's in the top 10 keepers in the Prem, for me he's in the top 5, the bloke is a fantastic shot stopper and despite his flaws we'd find it very hard to replace him with anyone better without spending a lot of money. People need to accept that keepers make mistakes, they all do it, Adrian doesn't do it with more regularity than any of the big boys keepers, they just have the players to paper over the f**k ups ie. Spurs at the Etihad when Lloris made two absolute howlers that led directly to goals. Spurs still managed a point and the two errors were quickly forgotten.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one as right from the second he nailed a first team place Adrian has stood out for me as one of our top performers, something that hasn't gone unnoticed elsewhere, as his Spain call up proved. Bilic called it wrong, it's cost him and us big time, eight place was there for the taking.
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

No way is Adrian top of the list of first team players that needs an upgrade. Id be happy enough with him starting next season.
kevino
Total likes: 1 like

Post by kevino »

Adrian is fine in goal. We have far more problems and weaknesses in our squad than him
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

I'd personally put him just above Shaka and just below Rob Green in terms of hammers keepers.

A great signing by Big Sam.