Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

lib2007
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by lib2007 »

I thought we'd never see him in the goal for us anymore, but what a massive difference he makes! I just think he gives us so much more confidence, so much more strength.
Pob!
Has liked: 1017 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by Pob! »

Adrián is our number 1 and needs a new contract...
however we do need a backup keeper because Randy is not a premier league player.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Adrian was so in control last night, and I really like it how he controls the defence, well worth a contract extension! so much respect for him, he sat on the bench quite a few months, kept his silence and took the chance when offered.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

That save last night for me, was save of the season, if that was a big club it would be on repeat constantly, was unreal
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Pob! wrote:Adrián is our number 1 and needs a new contract...
however we do need a backup keeper because Randy is not a premier league player.
Not ITK but I heard there were scouts at the OS from Russia looking at Randolph as replacement.......

For one of their f**king clowns.

Still can't believe he's played 60% of our 1st team matches this season. Ridiculous.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

fmgod wrote:That save last night for me, was save of the season, if that was a big club it would be on repeat constantly, was unreal
That saved the game for us. If that goes in we're chasing the game which opens us up for the counter.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cardiff, you just made laugh so much I had tears in my eyes!! :thup:

Adrian has been sorely missed. That save from Kane laid down a marker for the rest of the night.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Adrian has his mojo back, thank goodness. Deserved dropping initially but Slav kept faith with Randolph far too long. We need another GK to challenge Adrian, Randolph is finished at this club IMO.
duncanio
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by duncanio »

Adrián is the man and must stay but he started shakily at the beginning of the season. It was the same last season but he seemed to click in after a few games that year. Hopefully we can improve on Randolph though.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

He is definitely one of the best, such a fantastic goalkeeper. I don't think we could upgrade on him. Best keeper since Parkes.
The Big Show

Post by The Big Show »

I wouldn't have him above Ludo. We should always be looking to improve the squad in every position. However, for me it would need to be a top international class keeper to improve on Adrian. More than happy to keep with a decent number 2 to keep the pressure on.
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Adrian is actually looking one of the best keepers in the league right now. We would have been safe months ago with him in goal all season.
duncanio
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by duncanio »

[quote="Ifebbubbles"]Adrian is actually looking one of the best keepers in the league right now. We would have been safe months ago with him in goal all season.[/quoter]

Agree he is doing well and has three clean sheets but don't forget Adrián's return coincided with going to three centre backs so it's not directly comparable to Randolph's games.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Ifebbubbles wrote:Adrian is actually looking one of the best keepers in the league right now.
:? What makes you say that?! He ****ed up again yesterday and almost cost us in the first half. Sure, he made a decent save to redeem himself but personally I'd rather a keeper who simply takes in the ball in the first place as the vast majority of top level keepers would have done. Adrian is an ok keeper but makes a meal out of simple tasks far too often and for me that's why he isn't quite good enough
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

I can't tell you how much I love this man, I just f**king love him! Always have, always will :scarfer:

Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Yea Why Not wrote:
:? What makes you say that?! He ****ed up again yesterday and almost cost us in the first half. Sure, he made a decent save to redeem himself but personally I'd rather a keeper who simply takes in the ball in the first place as the vast majority of top level keepers would have done. Adrian is an ok keeper but makes a meal out of simple tasks far too often and for me that's why he isn't quite good enough
If my aunty had nuts and all that

I prefer to stick to facts. 3rd clean sheet in a row. With Adrian we have a decent passionate keeper and most importantly we aren't going in to games knowing we have to score are the very least 2 goals to win a football match.
Last edited by Ifebbubbles on Sun May 07, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1193 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Yea Why Not wrote: :? What makes you say that?! He ****ed up again yesterday and almost cost us in the first half. Sure, he made a decent save to redeem himself but personally I'd rather a keeper who simply takes in the ball in the first place as the vast majority of top level keepers would have done.
He is one of those isnt he - prone to a ric but equally capable of some stunning saves - Grobbelaar esque and I think we have to accept this if we are to retain him.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Ifebbubbles wrote: If my aunty had nuts and all that
How does that apply to anything I said? :lol:
Ifebbubbles wrote: I prefer to stick to facts. 3rd clean sheet in a row. With Adrian we have a decent passionate keeper and most importantly we aren't going in to games knowing we have to score are the very least 2 goals to win a football match.
Fact is we look more solid since going 5 at the back. Less potent going forward but undoubtably more solid. Since Adrian's return he has performed in typical Adrian fashion imo. Very good shot stopper but the way he makes a meal out of simple situations is my major gripe with him and always has been. For me a keeper should be a simple player, not a flair player. Ben Foster is an example of a solid keeper in my personal opinion
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Our new cult hero.

Putting his qualities aside for a second, I find his character absolutely spot on and extremely professional. He's what we've been missing at the back organising everything to the letter. The players trust him.

I also find him funny as f*** both intentionally and unintentionally. :lol:
I love a West ham nutter, me.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Colours never run wrote:Our new cult hero.

Putting his qualities aside for a second, I find his character absolutely spot on and extremely professional. He's what we've been missing at the back organising everything to the letter. The players trust him.

I also find him funny as **** both intentionally and unintentionally.
I love a West ham nutter, me.
I agree with that. I also love a West Ham nutter. Just not sure we should have one in goal :lol: