Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1657 likes

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Rocket wrote:Made a number of great saves tonight. :thup:

So Hart back in for Sunday then...
Diogenes
Has liked: 475 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

He did what he had to do tonight. I like Adrian, but all of those saves he should have saved anyhow. All from outside the box and a clear view. If he had let one of those in it would have been down as a keeper error.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

No chance hart would have kept a clean sheet tonight.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 257 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Made some good saves last night, but he had a good look at most of them and would have been disappointed with himself, I'm sure, had any of them beaten him, but the one with his foot by his near post was a very good reflex save. He did have one rush of blood to the head, early in the second half, when he was slow coming off his line and was in trouble the moment he made that decision and the shot had to be headed away by Ogbonna covering on the line. That almost cost us a goal, but he got away with it on that occasion
GingerJohn

Post by GingerJohn »

Puff Daddy wrote:Made some good saves last night, but he had a good look at most of them and would have been disappointed with himself, I'm sure, had any of them beaten him, but the one with his foot by his near post was a very good reflex save. He did have one rush of blood to the head, early in the second half, when he was slow coming off his line and was in trouble the moment he made that decision and the shot had to be headed away by Ogbonna covering on the line. That almost cost us a goal, but he got away with it on that occasion

I Disagree with the end part, Sanchez was through and Adrian forced him wide. I Personally thought he did the right thing. Also did well to pull out and not give Sanchez the chance to dive for a pen
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

if hart had played we would have lost

start Adrian next season as number one with maybe fabianski as number 2

need to sort out the defence and tactics to give whoever is in goal a better chance
ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by ereford ammer »

hammerman11 wrote:if hart had played we would have lost

start Adrian next season as number one with maybe fabianski as number 2

need to sort out the defence and tactics to give whoever is in goal a better chance
I agree totally.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

He's as good as any keeper in the league for me, bar maybe De Gea and one or two others, easily good enough to be our number one and people want him replaced with equal or lesser keepers like Butland, baffling. Will he make mistakes yes, every keeper in the world makes mistakes and if he didn't he would be at a top club, he is absolutely fine for us.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

fmgod wrote:He's as good as any keeper in the league for me, bar maybe De Gea
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Last three games, 1 goal conceded against three sides in the top ten, one vital save today. Easily good enough, can't believe he gets questioned, if you want to look further, look at the other end, Pickford massively over rated £30 mil quite a few errors today and he should've done better for all three goals. I don't get the Butland calls at all, he is easily as good as Butland if not better but he isn't English
AmzP
Total likes: 1 like

Post by AmzP »

fmgod wrote:Last three games, 1 goal conceded against three sides in the top ten, one vital save today. Easily good enough, can't believe he gets questioned, if you want to look further, look at the other end, Pickford massively over rated £30 mil quite a few errors today and he should've done better for all three goals. I don't get the Butland calls at all, he is easily as good as Butland if not better but he isn't English

Spot on.

I don't think he is a keeper we should be actively trying to replace. We have more important positions to worry about imo and should only consider a replacement if a good deal comes along rather than making it a priority signing
kevino
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by kevino »

Looked to me like he was saying his goodbyes to the fans at the end. Hope I'm wrong
smuts
Has liked: 1533 likes
Total likes: 1493 likes

Post by smuts »

He's not world class by any means but for me he's solid enough and would take him over Hart any day.

There's bigger issues in our team than the keeper position.

Get in a young number 2 from the lower leagues for next season.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 4389 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

The big issue with Adrian is that he will be able to leave on a free transfer next summer. He's 32 during next season, so what type of contract would they offer him? How long? How much? What guarantees of playing? Doesn't he have young family? Does his missus want to be in Spain?
hammer1975
Has liked: 978 likes
Total likes: 1154 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

I may be imagining it but every time he’s broken (back) into the side he’s been excellent - but seemed unable to maintain that form. Maybe he’s one of those players who needs that bit of competition to bring the best out of him?
Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Post by Peaches »

Adrian is a good shot stopper. He is a very poor marshal of the back line. He does a poor job of managing his area, isn’t great on crosses and often times makes questionable decisions. He has a great rapport with the fans, but as others have said, he is ageing, and only has a year left on his contract. I am sure he will be adequate for next season, but he is not the future or even a medium term solution. In isolation I have no issue keeping Adrian, but if keeping him means passing on the long term solution, then we should sell him.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Two clean sheets in his four games since returning, some great saves and some great performances, keep him in there and stop f**king him around.

One of the keepers on the pitch today cost 30m, the over was a free, if someone asked you which one cost 30m I think most would say Adrian. If 30m gets you Pickford I say we keep our hands in our pockets for the other areas of the field. We're not getting Butland and he isn't yet better than Adrian.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Kept us in it again and then made sure we held out for all 3 points with some more outstanding saves.

Like I've already stated, we have our No. 1, it's time now to bring in a promising young Keeper prepared to be his under study. No more of a similar age, questionable ability. We can't justify it and it doesn't really work.

Adrians more than good enough for us and we are more than good enough for him should we get a manager in that believes in him and builds a defence worthy to be in front of him. Hopefully we can keep him.
MadaHammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by MadaHammer »

I'm wondering if he is playing well because of the competition from Hart and having something to prove? Perhaps we get the best out of him if we sign another young, hungry goalkeeper like Butland.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Played his heart and soul out again yesterday, he is a such a Loyal Hammer! Thanks Adrian, roll on next season.