Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by hammerman11 »

Question is will slav see the light and put him back in.

The difference between the two is I expect randolph to make comfortable normal saves. I expect adrian to make truly outstandingsaves sometimes.

However, I also expect both to make mistakes!

Adrian just seems to do more and try harder
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

All keepers make mistakes, the best ones make fewer and save things they shouldn't, Adrian is better than Randolph on those two fronts.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Adrian made one real howler and that was it.

Don't get me wrong I don't rate him as much as others but he is miles and miles better than Randolph who really is a poor keeper

We need a new keeper but it is a no brainer that Adrian should play to the end if the season
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

Someone is taking the piss here, to have Randolph in goal over Adrian is absolutely baffling.Randolphs mark is league 1 or a bottom half championship club at the best, not our No1 its lunacy.
Last edited by rossmundo on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

There HAS to be something we don't know, something behind the scenes. No one in their right mind would be keeping Randolph in goal otherwise.
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

Randolph surely was brought in as a number 2 and either him being competent in a few games has somehow elevated him to being a number 1 over a keeper in Adrian that his clearly inferior to which seems a really strange situation to be in.

If the decisions is Billic's then it isn't doing him any favours but it would not surprise me knowing how the club has operated under the current owners to discover that if Adrian played a certain amount of games this season it would trigger the automatic extension of his contract in his favour and when his form dipped we decided that we wanted to avoid this, probably when this figure can no longer be reached we will see him return to the first team.
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

Adrian will be back for the Arsenal game.

We will let in at least 3 goals.

Randy back between the sticks for the rest of the season.

It's the West Ham way.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

thejackhammer wrote:There HAS to be something we don't know, something behind the scenes. No one in their right mind would be keeping Randolph in goal otherwise.
Yep! I don't see what other possible conclusion anyone could draw.
I really expected Adrian back in the team, if not weeks ago, certainly at Hull, even if just to try and change things around,
It makes no sense whatsoever :?
ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ChzMff »

Why do people keep pretending Adrian made just one howler? Home to Watford and Stoke and away at Everton. I think he should be back in the team but let's not kid ourselves as he certainly contributed to our poor start to the season.
hammerman11
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Adrian made mistakes and rightly got dropped for randolph who is average at best.

Adrian was on the verge of playing for spain with all their riches in goal.

Randolph is Ireland`s number 1 with little opposition.

Adrian to return this week ?
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

The less Adrian plays, the better his reputation apparently. Deserved to be dropped earlier, I think we have far greater problems to resolve than whose the least worst keeper.
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

Westbourne Bill wrote:The less Adrian plays, the better his reputation apparently. Deserved to be dropped earlier, I think we have far greater problems to resolve than whose the least worst keeper.

And thats the rub, it's the least worst rather than the best.

That said, i think it's time to get the Spaniard back between the sticks
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Randolphs' continued selection is possibly the single biggest mistake of Bilic's time here. Not Antonio at RB or any other outfield choice. The lad simply is not & never has been premier league standard. He's played miles above expectations for us & deserves credit for that, but as others have rightly pointed out, he's championship level & should have been benched months ago.

Sadly it's started to show. Teams have worked it out.. Bloke is Allan McKnight levels at crosses & set pieces. His distribution is attricious. He's too small.

Adrian should have been back in at at Christmas
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Westbourne Bill wrote:The less Adrian plays, the better his reputation apparently. Deserved to be dropped earlier, I think we have far greater problems to resolve than whose the least worst keeper.
Spot on
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

I'd say it was quite a big issue to be honest, when you have a suspect keeper in goal, that adds more pressure on the defence, then the midfield and so on. It spreads through the team knowing that there vulnerable there.
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 467 likes

Post by DrVenk »

thejackhammer wrote:There HAS to be something we don't know, something behind the scenes. No one in their right mind would be keeping Randolph in goal otherwise.
Asked what was going on with him a few pages back, but it seems like we can only guess that it is 'running his contract down' - to avoid activating a 2 year extension, maybe?

However, his form at the start of this year was terrible regardless of this. He really looked like a shadow of himself and now no appearances despite Randy wobbling all over the place.

Any ITK information on Adrian? He had the makings of a cult player.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Adrian's form suffered just after he became a parent, so did Noble, and now Slav.

All these late night feeds ,think I am on to something here :D
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

been on sqauwka stats, i know stats are guff a lot of the time but i wanted i wanted to confirm my suspicion:

adrian has constantly made around 2.5 saves per goal for us since coming in. last season was 2.3, with a massive dip into 1.7 for this season.

randolph last season made 0.8 and this season has made 1.5 saves per goal.

adrian did something suicidal every now and then but he for the most part was in the business of being proactive in stopping the ball going in the bloody net. randolph's passive "don't do anything risky and if they slot it past me then fair play" style just isn't paying off.

take hull's first yesterday. adrian would've been out like a bullet. he might have brought the fella down for a pen or clobbered one of our in the process but he would've atleast given robertson something to think about.
Last edited by Beavis Danzig on Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

hammerman11 wrote:Adrian made mistakes and rightly got dropped for randolph who is average at best.

Adrian was on the verge of playing for spain with all their riches in goal.

Randolph is Ireland`s number 1 with little opposition.

Adrian to return this week ?

Kieran Westwood is constantly performing at Sheffield Wednesday, while Rob Elliott has developed a good reputation up at Newcastle. Randolph has opposition, which would be demonstrated if he was dropped by WHU.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Were missing his distribution as much as anything at the moment.