Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by hammerman11 »

agree adrian number 1 we need other areas strengthened first. sellrandolph replace with bentley.

priorities now are attacking midfielder and striker
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

warp wrote: i think (based on pretty much nothing) that he didn't want to sign a new contract, so he's been benched as a result, and his contract extended to get a fee in the summer. we wouldn't have seen him playing again for us had randy not been fuckingawful.

prediction: he'll be off, randy stays, we'll try hart, we'll try pickford, and end up with ruddy.

:raver:

i'd like begovic or vorm as new number one (not sure how feasible they are though) and adrian as back up.

if adrian stays, we should still replace randy with someone better.

and since we're at it, hart is worse than adrian and on four times the money probably, i haven't seen much of pickford but his price will suffer for englishness inflation no doubt.
Vorm No 1? Really ?

Begovic I like.
umweb
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by umweb »

i've been busy, so i'm a bit late on this, but glad he's been extended. i felt he was a bit unfortunate on how he was treated this year, hopefully he'll get back to his best form.

solid keeper and about right for our current level, leaving money to (hopefully) fill more critical gaps in our squad. i feel the amount we'd have to spend to potentially improve (e.g. hart, pickford) could be better spent in other areas.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Randolph over Adrian was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

Adrian is quality, if he could eliminate those moments of madness, which are already much rarer than people make out, he'd be top class. His shot stopping is right up there.
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 156 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by Chrissieboy »

Got to be nonsense that we would swap him plus money for Pickford? Randolph has to go. Not sure even struggling Motherwell would have him back. Not quite as bad as this lad in goal here for Omiya Ardija in the J League though. Close but...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Chrissieboy wrote:Got to be nonsense that we would swap him plus money for Pickford? Randolph has to go. Not sure even struggling Motherwell would have him back. Not quite as bad as this lad in goal here for Omiya Ardija in the J League though. Close but...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sign him up! The best bit of that video though was the other keeper for the first goal. A couple of yards behind the line!
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I like Adrian but I think he has poor communication with the defense.

He also does have that wobble each game but admittedly that doesn't always cost us.
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Mega Ron wrote:I like Adrian but I think he has poor communication with the defense.

He also does have that wobble each game but admittedly that doesn't always cost us.
Maybe it's just because Randolph was quite possibly the worst goalkeeper for communication with the defence in the history of football, and that might be skewing my perception, but I think Adrian is decent in that regard! The Tottenham game comes to mind in recent terms, I really felt at ease throughout that in terms of Adrian and the way the defence were in control.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Adrian has superb communication with the defence, never saw that with Randolph and at times he looked like a rabbit staring into the headlight of an upcoming car!
Row X
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Row X »

Mega Ron wrote:I like Adrian but I think he has poor communication with the defense.

Have to disagree with the poor communication... Adrian first game back you could see the difference straight away. Barking at them to get up, get more compact, stick with men. You could also see the players were more relaxed when defending set plays.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

In fairness, being more vocal than Randolph isn't hard - my 18 month old would probably talk to a defence more for 90 minutes. She can catch, too.

Adrian's only fault is that his communication and general domination of the box isn't as good as his shot stopping, catching, or punching. Better than Randolph, no question, but it's an area he certainly is not great in.

Doesn't mean I love him any less, though.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Green used to get a b*ll*cking from Neill when he wasn't vocal enough, that side of his game eventually improved. If Reid and Fonte, and Zabaleta to a certain degree, can do something similar hopefully Adrian will improve in that area.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Adrian barks orders all game, his communication is excellent.
Jiminy_Cricket

Post by Jiminy_Cricket »

I couldn't disagree more about Adrian not communicating with his defence.

I always thought this was one of his better traits. It's his over-confidence that let's him down occasionally, I always feel a sense of oncoming dread whenever he doesn't kick the ball out immediately from a pass back.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

I'm as big an Adrian fan as there will probably ever be but even I will admit that his communication could be better. Barking orders is fine, but that's not where communication begins and ends, calling for a ball you're coming for, making defenders aware of where you and who is around them, these parts he needs to improve.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Aztec Hammer wrote:Randolph over Adrian was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.
Very few fans both on this site and people I know opposed the decision when Adrian was initially dropped. The problem was that Billic should have reinstated him sooner
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

wizzo_66 wrote:Adrian barks orders all game, his communication is excellent.

That is true. It is his decision making and positioning that isn't
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

guess it's curtains now.
the gloves-off against everton and the kicking of vardy were great moments.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Bloke must be a bit annoyed, played well for a season or two, okay had a dip in form, gets replaced by a dreadful keeper, finally gets back in and plays okay, save against Tottenham was save of the season and now goes back to being second choice :D
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

We play Man City twice this year... Randolph better not be in goal.