Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by mumbles87 »

Yea Why Not wrote:I'm sorry but the ball has gone straight through him for our oppositions first goal two games in a row. It's not good enough. Jussi has some awkward moments for sure but they very rarely lead to a goal
Tv stuck up for him.. it wasnt his fault he thought tomkins was going to lump it away.. dont get why he left it after appearing to be lining up to hoof it
paulthebubble

Post by paulthebubble »

Adrian played very well apart from the first goal. He was sighted, Tompkins should have played it (maybe afraid of an own goal?). Little time to react but he should have done better. He had the double save and the one that was going in the top corner. I think his best save was when he came out quickly and surprised the Arsenil player when he was through 1v1. I've seen Jussi stay frozen on his line in a similar situation and then jump back into the goal at the moment the shot is taken.
kev
Midfield enforcer
Location: In an old Bakehouse that never stops needing money!
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by kev »

His double saves were both straight at him, as was the goal, he was dubbed a clown by many abroad, I feel similar.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Just seen it again on MOTD. Definitely a massive howler
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Yea Why Not wrote:Just seen it again on MOTD. Definitely a massive howler
i wouldnt say massive. if any blame is laid at his feet then tomkin is equally to blame.. so that goes down as miscommunication rather than a complete howler
poplargeezer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by poplargeezer »

The good news about Adrian is that it at least provides competition for the goalie slot and does look reasonably good - every goalie can drop a clanger
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

mumbles87 wrote: i wouldnt say massive. if any blame is laid at his feet then tomkin is equally to blame.. so that goes down as miscommunication rather than a complete howler
Of course it was miscommunication but at the end of the day if Adrian was switched on he'd have simply collected Walcott's pea roller shot
SxHammer
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 55 likes

Post by SxHammer »

He made a mistake at a huge point in the game and cost us a chance of getting something out of it. Tomkins was definitely at fault as well but as a keeper you shouldn't be letting that shot get through your hands. Even anticipating Tomkins hoofing it away he should still have been getting into the right position.

His double save was straight down his throat and the first shot shouldn't have been shovelled back into the middle of the box anyway.

Seems fairly average over the past few games, capable of good things but not consistently enough for my liking. I'd have Jussi back in for West Brom.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Not putting away 3 clear cut chances cost us more than that goal did. Let's not forget they scored another 2 from **** defending, also adding the fact that a defender had a perfect chance to clear that ball before it even got to Adrian.

The huge point in the game is when we had the chance to put ourselves 2,3-0 up.

Again, you are someone else who won't credit him for any of his saves, but jumps on the one mistake.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

SxHammer wrote:He made a mistake at a huge point in the game and cost us a chance of getting something out of it. Tomkins was definitely at fault as well but as a keeper you shouldn't be letting that shot get through your hands. Even anticipating Tomkins hoofing it away he should still have been getting into the right position.

His double save was straight down his throat and the first shot shouldn't have been shovelled back into the middle of the box anyway.

Seems fairly average over the past few games, capable of good things but not consistently enough for my liking. I'd have Jussi back in for West Brom.
Spot on, Jussi should be back between the sticks on Saturday imo
SxHammer

Post by SxHammer »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Again, you are someone else who won't credit him for any of his saves, but jumps on the one mistake.
Nonsense, if I didn't give him credit for any his saves I would just say he was dog-****.

I said he was average. As in, there is good and bad and they average out. I also said he is capable of good things but not consistently enough.

Try to read somebodies post before jumping on them because they don't agree with your opinion.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

SxHammer wrote:
Try to read somebodies post
I read it.

You blame him for us not getting anything out of the game. That much is said clearly above.

He may have been at fault for that goal, but he wasn't at fault for the 3 chances we should've put away before it.
SxHammer

Post by SxHammer »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: I read it.

You blame him for us not getting anything out of the game. That much is said clearly above.

He may have been at fault for that goal, but he wasn't at fault for the 3 chances we should've put away before it.
Try again.

I said he cost us "a chance" of getting something out of the game. Missing those 3 shots/headers also cost us "a chance" of getting something out of the game, but seeing as this thread is about Adrian I'm not sure they are particularly relevant.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Better distribution than Jussi and a decent shot stopper. Made some very basic errors in the last 2 games though. Cant be what I call a "handicap keeper" though. Gifting at least 1 goal a game is criminal at this level.
Eastleigh Hammer

Post by Eastleigh Hammer »

People are slagging him off but in his defense. His first 3 games actually in the first team (and by that I mean earning his place and keeping it) were away at Spurs, away at Manchester United and home to Arsenal. Those are some very tough games with some very good players. We'll see on Saturday against West Brom how he fares against a team we should beat
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

I'm defending him for the first goal.

His reaction time would have been about 0.1 seconds after the ball cleared Tomkins' feet and to adjust his stance/arms in that time would have required some reaction.

Nowhere near as big a 'blunder' as people make out.
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

I can't see past James Tomkins not clearing the ball to be honest. As a fellow goalkeeper I think it's very harsh to put too much blame on Adrian.

Only thing I can imagine to make Tomkins leave it is Adrian shouting at him to leave it...but then if Adrian did that and let it slip through that is one of the worst blunders ever made.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 354 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Adrian is certainly the lesser of 2 evils where our keepers are concerned, IMO. Got more faith in him than Jussi
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:I'm defending him for the first goal.

His reaction time would have been about 0.1 seconds after the ball cleared Tomkins' feet and to adjust his stance/arms in that time would have required some reaction.

Nowhere near as big a 'blunder' as people make out.
Why should he have had to adjust? It didn't look like it took a nick off anyone?! Surely he should have been getting into position as soon as Walcott shot...
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Without him yesterday it would have been 6 or 7.