Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Postby jaybs on Mon May 14, 2018 8:45 am

Played his heart and soul out again yesterday, he is a such a Loyal Hammer! Thanks Adrian, roll on next season.
jaybs

Postby ereford ammer on Mon May 14, 2018 8:48 am

I hope we keep Adrian. We have other more pressing priorities for strengthening the squad.
ereford ammer

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Mon May 14, 2018 9:29 am

how on earth did Hart even get a game this season - Adrian should have been in goal a lot more than he has been
psychoscoredthelot

Postby fmgod on Mon May 14, 2018 10:19 am

psychoscoredthelot wrote:how on earth did Hart even get a game this season - Adrian should have been in goal a lot more than he has been

Hart fair enough, Randolph not a bleeding clue.
fmgod

Postby Mega Ron on Mon May 14, 2018 10:30 am

I prefer Randolph to Hart.
Mega Ron

Postby Row X on Mon May 14, 2018 10:33 am

Peaches wrote:He is a very poor marshal of the back line. He does a poor job of managing his area, isn’t great on crosses and often times makes questionable decisions.

I take it you don't watch him closely then?

I'm stood in the BML row 18 and can hear him loud and clear barking out orders, telling players where they should be, where the opposition players are etc...

He also claims and holds on to lots of balls in to the box.

I'll give you the questionables decisions though, sometimes he plays the wrong pass here and there and is a little too eager to come rushing out of his box for my liking.

But other than that, he's probably about the best we could hope for, because to get the next level of goalkeeper, we're looking at a sum north of £25m, which our owners are never going to pay for a striker, let alone a goalkeeper.
Row X

Postby sendô on Mon May 14, 2018 10:50 am

A few nice saves for the cameras in the May sunshine and our goalkeeping issues are suddenly all sorted for next season.

People have short memories and seem to forget that Adrian was firmly our number 1 until he rightfully lost his place to two different keepers.

Him being slightly better than Randolph or Hart does not address his underlying weaknesses, which will no doubt manifest themselves again next season.
sendô

Postby Jumby on Tue May 15, 2018 1:24 am

Rightfully lost his place? He made a mistake against Stoke, got dropped and watched Randy make f**k up after f**k up until even the national press were asking just what the f**k was going on. It's been a similar story this season. He was never rightfully dropped and what has happened inbetween the sticks has proven that, neither keeper that replaced him was better.

The calls for Fabianski are ridiculous, the bloke makes mistakes often and isn't anywhere near an improvement. We're not going to get Butland and hes not an improvement anyway. We're West Ham, lower mid table do f**k all West Ham, Adrian is better than anyone we can realistically attract, especially with our budget.
Jumby

Postby kayahammer on Tue May 15, 2018 11:36 am

ereford ammer wrote:I hope we keep Adrian. We have other more pressing priorities for strengthening the squad.

Exactly
kayahammer

Postby sendô on Tue May 15, 2018 11:49 am

Jumby wrote:Rightfully lost his place? He made a mistake against Stoke, got dropped and watched Randy make f**k up after f**k up until even the national press were asking just what the f**k was going on.

Like I said, short memories. There were plenty of flaps before that, most memorably in the 4-2 loss at home to Watford after being 2-0 up.
sendô

Postby HammerMan2004 on Tue May 15, 2018 11:52 am

sendô wrote:Like I said, short memories. There were plenty of flaps before that, most memorably in the 4-2 loss at home to Watford after being 2-0 up.

Is that the game he came out for the ball and Collins inexplicably headed it past him?
HammerMan2004

Postby westlondonhammer on Tue May 15, 2018 11:53 am

How many goals did we let in this season (or the last 3 - 4 seasons)? The idea that our goalkeeper who has played so many games over that period is blameless (a victim of circumstances?) is wide of the mark for me.

Goalkeeper and a leader in the centre of defence are key for me without doubt. Neither Obgonna nor Reid are leaders. A defensive midfielder next if we want to option of playing 4 at the back.

We need a new number 1... ideally 2 competing for the spot

Adrian is a lovely bloke but if we go into the season with him between the sticks we will let in lots of goals again.

I thought Hart was the answer. I was wrong.
westlondonhammer

Postby Benny the Ball on Tue May 15, 2018 11:57 am

It frustrates me that we sold Randolph for £5M which sounded like a good deal, until you work out that we spent far more than that on Hart for a single season of poor keeping....never catch a falling knife.

BtB
Benny the Ball

Postby sendô on Tue May 15, 2018 12:11 pm

HammerMan2004 wrote:Is that the game he came out for the ball and Collins inexplicably headed it past him?

Yes, the one where Collins was about to head it back but Adrian inexplicably came charging out needlessly. 8-)
sendô

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Tue May 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Sendo is Joe Hart 8-)
psychoscoredthelot

Postby warp on Tue May 15, 2018 12:30 pm

sendô wrote:Adrian was firmly our number 1 until he rightfully lost his place to two different keepers.

he was dropped for hart before he even put on the shirt. call that "rightfully"!

sendô wrote:Like I said, short memories

indeed.
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Tue May 15, 2018 12:48 pm

Go for Fabianski (or Vorm) and let them and Adrian battle it out for No1, unless they are going to sanction a 50m bid for Oblak of A Madrid :)
Cockneyboy311

Postby ashbanki on Tue May 15, 2018 12:48 pm

We should do what we should have done twelve months ago,imo - Adrian number one and the best young GK you can get your hands on (Dean Henderson?) to push him.
ashbanki

Postby chigwells finest on Tue May 15, 2018 1:08 pm

i think outside of de gea/ courtois and possibly lloris/man city keeper with the naff neck tattoo :-), theres not much difference in any of the rest . The only other keeper not to be slaughtered this season has been nick pope , and he's only 1/2 mistakes away from being the next gk witchhunt
chigwells finest

Postby yakandyeti on Tue May 15, 2018 1:17 pm

Given he's out of contract next summer I reckon he's off for a fee.
yakandyeti

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion