The 2016 summer transfer thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Whugag

Re: A £20 million plus striker: The summer transfer thread

Post by Whugag »

Forget signing these Lyon or Marseille strikers
Christian benteke will be the big 25miion-30millon striker we sign
Tony Henry has spoke with his agent already and benteke is seeking talks with klopp over future before making any decision.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

Luke shaw was £30m and cresswell is better
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ and six years older
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

warp wrote:^ and six years older
This. Age was a major factor in Shaw's pricetag. Also, I think it is probably debatable whether or not Shaw is better than Cresswell. Shaw was the best player on Man Utd's back 4 before he went down injured.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Bury Me @ The Boleyn wrote:Shaw was the best player on Man Utd's back 4 before he went down injured.
yep, but that doesn't say much :D
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

Whugag wrote:Forget signing these Lyon or Marseille strikers
Christian benteke will be the big 25miion-30millon striker we sign
Tony Henry has spoke with his agent already and benteke is seeking talks with klopp over future before making any decision.
Still think Batshuayi is attainable. Spurs offer Champions' League, but we offer much more consistent playing time and a Payet reunion. To me it is likely a tossup between us and Spurs over his signature and it all comes down to what he prefers. I would hope he is ambitious and doesn't want to be second fiddle to Kane.

...That said, Benteke would still be a wonderful signing.
Modern
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by Modern »

Indeed Ironsjh.

I used to be a member of a Spurs forum with really good ITK and when that story was told to us we are all thought it was beyond the realms of possibility, subsequently both Begovic and Redknapp have confirmed it to be true. (http://www.squawka.com/news/redknapp-be ... urs/408747" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Spot on we did sign Pletikosa six months later supposedly for free and never played him once. There is something undeniably intriguing. about a Redknapp transfer of this nature, you could devote your life to working it out but you'd never manage it.
happydaystoytown
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 101 likes

Post by happydaystoytown »

Aceface wrote:Cresswell's pretty much the model professional - never injured, no drama, decent haircut.

Clubs tend to pay through the nose for potential, or for players who have a blinding year, but for some reason seem less inclined to do so for someone who can bash out a 7/10 performance 40 times a season. Which is why he's worth far more to us than anyone would be willing to pay.
Well said.

He's made the step up to the Prem seamlessly, no fuss, no 'time' adapting to the higher level.

He seems to be taken for granted, we'll miss him when he's gone.
norse
Has liked: 379 likes
Total likes: 835 likes

Post by norse »

Bilic described Cresswells development this season as becoming a "complete player at full back" in an interview in the latter end of the season.

I doubt he'll want to sell and I doubt Cresswell have that much to desire Liverpool in this moment in time, even if it is his boyhood club.

Liverpool are shortlisting a lot of left backs lately, heavily linked to Raphaël Guerreiro recently.

Until proven otherwise, I think Cresswell is here to stay for a good while
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

Cresswell is a very intelligent player too, love his link up play with Payet
Lincolnhammer92

Post by Lincolnhammer92 »

Cresswell would start for most teams in the league, he's that good.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1332 likes
Total likes: 797 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

I was worried about Cresswell in his first season, but this time round he's generally looked much more composed at the back. His energy, crossing and attacking threat elevate him to an above-average player though.
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by danm79 »

Cresswell got engaged to his girlfriend on Tuesday, from what I know she won't be looking to move from Essex so don't think he will be going anywhere.
durham city hammer

Post by durham city hammer »

:D 15m for Cresswell ?? He's a very good player who is rated very highly outside of West Ham and I expect him to be even better next season, in today's over inflated market he's easily a £20-30m player !
Last edited by durham city hammer on Fri May 27, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

durham city hammer wrote::D 15m for Cresswell ?? He's a very good player who is rated very, very highly outside of West Ham and I expect him to be even better next season, in today's over inflated market he's easily a £20-30m player !
This. How much was Clyne and Bertrand ? And that was before the multi £ TV deal.

£20m minimum if we are daft enough to sell
Chapel Hill Hammer

Post by Chapel Hill Hammer »

I would not sell Cressers for less than 25M and Tomkins for 14M

We seriously undersell the value of our players
Whu_Law23
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by Whu_Law23 »

Linked with Zaza again, Southampton too. Juve want £19m apparently.

Given the prices of Lacazette and Batshuayi, I wouldn't be disappointed if we could haggle Juve down to £15m for Zaza. Didn't play tons this season, 5 goals in 19 league games (only started 5 of those)

Still only 24 too.

Him with maybe Benteke on loan would be great for us I think. (Or even vice versa with Benteke being the perm buy and Zaza on loan?)
Geoff Peters-Moore
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Geoff Peters-Moore »

westhamwalsh wrote:What with West Broms apparent interest in Valencia, what about a deal that would involve Rondon coming the other way?

Not our 20 goal a season guy, but with Enner, Emenike going, were going to need more than one.

Rondon has by no means set the world alight but has a decent scoring record pre West Brom, and I cant help but think they've not got the best out of him.

He's got a fair bit of European experience also....

Just a thought!
Except as 4th choice he would not play enough games for renewal of his work permit so we would not be able to renew his contract or sell him within uk. A loss straight away.... so not for me.
Chapel Hill Hammer

Post by Chapel Hill Hammer »

Whu_Law23 wrote:Linked with Zaza again, Southampton too. Juve want £19m apparently.

Given the prices of Lacazette and Batshuayi, I wouldn't be disappointed if we could haggle Juve down to £15m for Zaza. Didn't play tons this season, 5 goals in 19 league games (only started 5 of those)

Still only 24 too.

Him with maybe Benteke on loan would be great for us I think. (Or even vice versa with Benteke being the perm buy and Zaza on loan?)

I would like Breel Embolo as well as Zaza
Belgian Iron
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Belgian Iron »

Bury Me @ The Boleyn wrote: Still think Batshuayi is attainable. Spurs offer Champions' League, but we offer much more consistent playing time and a Payet reunion. To me it is likely a tossup between us and Spurs over his signature and it all comes down to what he prefers. I would hope he is ambitious and doesn't want to be second fiddle to Kane.

...That said, Benteke would still be a wonderful signing.
You can look at it the other way around as well.....If he is ambitious he will be a strong self believer and think he will be 'too good to be benched' at Spurs. So playing alongside Kane, or even relegating Kane to the bench. Not that I think it would happen, but maybe he (Batshuayi) does.

And he will certainly think he can win more trophies at Tottenham than with us, that's being ambitious too.