The 2016 summer transfer thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Re: The 2016 summer transfer thread

Post by Hayden »

DDHammer wrote:What would make him pick up an injury because he's signed a contract?
Ask Feghouli, Ayew, Tore, Obiang and countless others.

It does seem to be part of the contracts we offer!
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Hayden wrote:We didn't play / sign Song because his performances weren't good enough.
*sigh*

What I wouldn't give for 2014-vintage Alex Song to be here right now...

Still gutted it didn't work out for him here.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

What I wouldn't give for last years Alex Song again. Even if his passing had turned a bit **** he was still making more tackles and interceptions in the middle than anyone else in the team.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

I agree, when Alex Song was ON, he was sooo good. His distribution, defending, ahhh.

I don't know what went wrong!
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Up the Junction wrote:In short, if you don't like it, this may not be the place for you. And apols for quoting your post Burnley, the above applies to many posts in this thread, but yours was closest to hand.
That's fair enough UTJ, but the point I was trying to make is that people are quick to point the finger of blame at the new guys, writing them off extremely quickly, whilst other longer serving players seem to be getting an easier ride despite, imo, playing equally poor. I guess it's because they haven't really been here long enough for anyone to have any real affinity with them. It will take quite a bit longer to properly judge whether a signing has been successful or not.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

put me in the loved Alex Song camp too
trick88

Post by trick88 »

DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Just checked his numbers out in Russia, 2 games, 9 interceptions, 7 tackles, 4 clearances, 80% passing, 7.27 rating.

#Justice4Song
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

None of the players were have signed this window have been anywhere near Song's class. I hope we sign Zaza.
erosnes
Has liked: 378 likes

Post by erosnes »

Ben wrote:put me in the loved Alex Song camp too
I wanna get in on this, too!
Sloffy

Post by Sloffy »

This is not panicking or a meltdown of any sorts, but Im really disappointed with the signings this summer.

I honestly dont rate any of the players we've either signed or been linked with. ( Take the promising youth players out of the equation )

Never rated Ayew - another Enner Valencia. Tore is bloody awful. Nordveit ordinary. Feghouli I never saw the fuss when he was at Valencia. Zaza tbf Ive never really seen him. Same for Masuaku. Absolutely nothing to get excited about.

Even the ones that got away - Olsson, seriously?

Compare this to the last couple of windows when we signed Antonio, Song, Payet, Lanzini, ( ok, Jelavic too lol ).

Couple this up with the stadium move ( oppo players no longer fearing the Boleyn ), teams like Everton massively improving and I think we'll be lucky to hit top half.

Like I say, not a meltdown just an honest opinion of my take in the transfer market.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Another mental stat, he made 41 tackles in 660 minutes of football for us last season which coincided with our 0-0 fest around Christmas.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

Song was the best centre mid, when, ahem, on song , I've seen us have. He is a proper baller. We should have been mowing his ****ing lawn to keep him playing well.
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

Sloffy wrote: Compare this to the last couple of windows when we signed Antonio, Song, Payet, Lanzini, ( ok, Jelavic too lol ).
In fairness, if you were immediately excited about signing Lanzini then you're a better judge of footballer than most - coming from UAE I had no idea who he was.
Sloffy

Post by Sloffy »

WorcesterWHU wrote:
In fairness, if you were immediately excited about signing Lanzini then you're a better judge of footballer than most - coming from UAE I had no idea who he was.
Lol tbf I'll give you that one
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Sloffy wrote:This is not panicking or a meltdown of any sorts, but Im really disappointed with the signings this summer.

I honestly dont rate any of the players we've either signed or been linked with. ( Take the promising youth players out of the equation )

Never rated Ayew - another Enner Valencia. Tore is bloody awful. Nordveit ordinary. Feghouli I never saw the fuss when he was at Valencia. Zaza tbf Ive never really seen him. Same for Masuaku. Absolutely nothing to get excited about.

Even the ones that got away - Olsson, seriously?

Compare this to the last couple of windows when we signed Antonio, Song, Payet, Lanzini, ( ok, Jelavic too lol ).

Couple this up with the stadium move ( oppo players no longer fearing the Boleyn ), teams like Everton massively improving and I think we'll be lucky to hit top half.

Like I say, not a meltdown just an honest opinion of my take in the transfer market.
Totally agree, Ayew is decent, but the others are all a bit underwhelming.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

I want my Cameroon Prince back, gallantly walking through walls for us as we build a squad of big black enforcers.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

I'm sure if people use the search facility, they would find a thread devoted to Alex Song where you can discuss him to your aching heart's delight. In the meantime, please leave this for transfers.

Thank you.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

"Never seen Zaza, don't know much about him, underwhelmed."

Strange thought process. Joined Juve for £15mil last year. Scored goals for them and Sassuolo. International for one of the strongest national teams in the world.

Be excited you miserable ****'s. Hes excellent.
sharphammer

Post by sharphammer »

just think.... we sacrificed a Song... for a Nordtveit :cry: