The 2016 summer transfer thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Re: A £20 million plus striker: The summer transfer thread

Post by ashbanki »

We are the highest bidders for Lacazette and Bacca - They have both made it clear they wanted CL football or they would stay where they are.Lyon dont need the money and politely refused the offer because they knew Lacazette was not even interested enough to discuss wages.Bacca wants his cake and to eat it plus his team are skint and need the money.
Napoli fans are outraged with the idea of replacing Higuain with Bacca and the best description has been "why would we swap champaign and caviar for broth and cheese??
Arsenal fans are also not overly impressed with the idea of Bacca, describing him as "distinctly mediocre".
Staffordiron

Post by Staffordiron »

I'd never heard of Ben Yedder until this thread.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

I'm not surprised Napoli fans are fuming. Higuain is a God to that city.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

If the rumors are true, our strategy to get the striker we need is becoming more difficult to follow.

Why go for Ben Yedder only on loan, especially since attempting to do so would decrease our chances of getting him? Why try to buy Remy?

I also don't follow the logic of dismissing Benteke and Gomez because of their wage demands, but accepting the ever-so-slightly lower wage demands of Remy and Bacca. Surely we have the money now to pay high wages if necessary.

We almost didn't get Tore because we insisted on a loan deal. I hope the owners realize that sometimes you have to cough up actual money to get a deal done, even if that player is not Carlos Bacca.
Last edited by dodger on Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SRXT
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by SRXT »

Pulls up Trees wrote:I've got a feeling the mystery player was James. The signing was classed as 'amazing if we could pull it off' and was mentioned just before the rumour of us bidding 60-70m for him.

If that's true, I really don't understand it, he's not a striker and would be fighting Payet, Tore and Feghouli for a place...
Over here, I think it said in the news it was Man Utd who put the bid in.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Ex also mentions that if we did get Remy then he wouldn't be the marquee signing, we'd still be hunting for that. He'd be a replacement for Valencia ie a wide forward. Remy is better than Valencia. If we ended up with calleri, Remy, and a marquee signing, I'd be perfectly happy with that.

The only thing that worried me about the article was the implication that it would be a sullivan signing rather than a Bilic signing.
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 254 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

So this bacca 48 hours yes/no malarkey.... How many hours remaining?
Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rasp »

Absolutely Hammered! wrote:So this bacca 48 hours yes/no malarkey.... How many hours remaining?
About 49.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

dodger wrote:Why go for Ben Yedder only on loan, especially since attempting to do so would decrease our chances of getting him?
There's a question as to whether Ben Yedder is big / robust enough for the premiership...

If you loan him it's try before buy...

If you buy him he could blow out so you've blown your dough.
SRXT

Post by SRXT »

Is now a good time to mention I never really liked any of the Colombians I met anyway? :twisted:
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

Maybe this is dumb but why not Andre Gray? Plays for newly promoted Burnley and scored 25 goals in the Championship
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

Iron-worx wrote:
There's a question as to whether Ben Yedder is big / robust enough for the premiership...

If you loan him it's try before buy...

If you buy him he could blow out so you've blown your dough.
Half the players we buy have never played in the premier league and may not adapt. If any other team puts in an offer for him and it's up against us with a loan offer, we'll lose. As I said, sometimes you have to take small risks and give players the benefit of the doubt.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

SRXT wrote:Is now a good time to mention I never really liked any of the Colombians I met anyway? :twisted:
i had downstairs neighbours who had a habit of breaking out a literal cowbell at 4am.

latin salsa now has the same effect on me as shouting bang at someone coming home from the trenches.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

SRXT wrote:Is now a good time to mention I never really liked any of the Colombians I met anyway? :twisted:
I've met quite a few and some have been alright, they're families back home were a bunch of nutters thought from what they told me and none of them had any qualms about telling me that morals over there are misplaced to say the least, 'I don't trust Colombians' a girl told me, she was from Cali though, I wouldn't trust anyone from Cali!!!!
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

So, let's pretend that the bacca deal fails and we end up with the forwards zaza, Carroll, calleri, and remy next season.... and fletcher and Martinez knocking at the door from the youth team.

Last season we started with Carroll, sakho, Valencia, and zarate, with elliot Lee as the youth option.

So, would it be an improvement?
SRXT

Post by SRXT »

Beavis Danzig wrote:i had downstairs neighbours who had a habit of breaking out a literal cowbell at 4am.

latin salsa now has the same effect on me as shouting bang at someone coming home from the trenches.
Cumbia? :lol:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'd be traumatised if I had to wake up to that every morning at 4am. It's traumatic enough at a respectable hour.
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Absolutely Hammered! wrote:So this bacca 48 hours yes/no malarkey.... How many hours remaining?
It's 48 working hours.....
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I'd guess that they would want a ridiculous amount of money for him.

Edit: I quoted the wrong post, it was a response to the Andre gray post. It's fiddly posting using a mobile.
Last edited by Burnley Hammer on Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Lostcoco wrote:Maybe this is dumb but why not Andre Gray? Plays for newly promoted Burnley and scored 25 goals in the Championship
I wanted him this time last year, he went to Burnley for 9m though and would cost double that now, a very good player is Scarface
SRXT

Post by SRXT »

Jumby wrote:I've met quite a few and some have been alright, they're families back home were a bunch of nutters thought from what they told me and none of them had any qualms about telling me that morals over there are misplaced to say the least, 'I don't trust Colombians' a girl told me, she was from Cali though, I wouldn't trust anyone from Cali!!!!
They're not bad, just the ones I've met have an underlying arrogance that does my head in. Incidentally, one of the few I really got on with is from Cali.

But yeah, I had one guy trying to impress me with his knowledge about ways to rob people. :arry: