Czech Republic vs Croatia (non WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Czech Republic vs Crotia

Postby The Boleyn Hound on Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:25 pm

Some croatian fans are hugely anti Davor Sukor - who they believe is a criminal - being head of the Croatian Football Federation.

This is their way of protesting him. They did the same thing during Croaia's qualifiers, and want the team to be chucked out of Euro 2016.

Given this is only a subset of their fans, that might explain why fights broke out in the crowd.

Meanwhike the Daves are awaiting a letter from Sheff Utd re the goals Sukor scored when he was at west ham...
The Boleyn Hound

Postby D C on Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:29 pm

A Croatian on twitter was saying when the squad was announced that someone who worked at Hadjuk Split also worked for the Croatia FA and that inferior young players from that squad kept getting called up for the squad to put them in the shop window over better players like Halilovic. Apparently a lot of them have problems with their FA.

Not that it's an excuse for flare throwing though. I think not turning up would be more of a protest.
D C

Postby artlin on Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:28 pm

2 stupid events could cost them.

Handball at 89 minutes and fans letting off flares.

They will be lucky to survive this.
artlin

Postby Rio on Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:10 am

What a side Croatia are in full flow!!
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Postby sicknote on Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:15 pm

think the news today puts this into perspective and well done to the Croats for exposing the theiving people at dynamo zagreb,

hopefully one day the burnley game will be looked back upon in such favourable ways

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44381167
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Postby Colours never run on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:15 pm

sicknote wrote:
hopefully one day the burnley game will be looked back upon in such favourable ways

Exactly that, Sicknote. I mentioned a month ago I'd like to think all the protests staged at the Burnley game would be looked back upon as some kind of sea change and tangible pressure the fans forced onto the Board to act accordingly.

It was the day I also felt we breathed life back in to a stagnating Club heading in a bad direction and felt more like 'West Ham' again.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Previous

Return to General Discussion